About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,676 through 2,700 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • desperados
    @desperados

oh yes Yue i want them i want to break my record which is 2015 stars…what’s the point of playing now the 1st player in my diamond league has 30 stars.

Katy for legendary chest at 900 gem price it’s a fair deal…you can get a 25000 pearl worth hat out of it but only 1% of players have legendary chests.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@desperados

Like Captain Sternn said, you’re still competing against players at your level when you’re battling them, so in itself, it’s still an awarding experience. I still lose on occasion to players and all my birds are at level 50 with spells. I’ve been in these “ghost town” leagues for the 2 months now and I love it, plus its an easy 300 gems and black pearls, making it one step closer to completing the steampunk and wizards hats. It takes the stress out me from waking up in the morning and finding out I’m in 2nd place with the 1st player having a 500 star lead. I would have to play for hours and I can’t always enjoy the game’s monotony. You can still technically beat your score, there’s no one stopping you from doing that. Plus it’s perfect way if you want to stash up on those feathers that you’ll need for epic gold that needs 40,000 feathers. Also when if you’re one of the lucky people with COMMON, RARE, LEGENDARY chests (that only very few people have) and you have the chance to win pearls from previous hats you drew in the arena… that’s even better motivation to play if you want to acheive the other legendary hats. Sadly I’m not one of those people. My highest score in the arena is 2415, I have yet to break the 4000 mark

James Peden
    @james-peden

I would love to be in a league like that I now have too much other stuff to do to sit and play for hours a day, and it has gotten a bit boring. I keep getting put with groups that have 4 to 500 stars by Sunday morning. Needless to say I have been in the bottom 3 with over 500 stars for like 6 weeks in a row. But I never get demoted. I get put in amethyst league on Saturday night and am back in diamond on Sunday morning. That is probably because I am actually in the diamond league ×3 as all my birds are diamond for the 3rd time. I would switch in a heartbeat.

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

After the update, Our Lady of Infinites seems to be gone.

Eh, fun while it lasted. Here’s hoping the update actually makes the game playable

Babe Feathers
    @michele-mitchell

I knew people were talking too openly about Her and they’d probably do away with the “bug” this update. I am having to learn how to play all over again. I just automatically picked all 5 spells so I could get through with the highest score possible. I wasn’t doing it to win my league, just to get my birds leveled up. They were all over the place from playing before I knew what I was doing. At least she was around long enough for me to get them all at 40/41 levels!

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

Yeah, that was my thing too.
    Luckily my birds are fairly even now. I kind of had a feeling that, and likely a few other loopholes, would be closed with the update. I considered…making preparations, but was so “meh” about the idea that I didn’t bother. So, clearly not the end of the world for me.

desperados
    @desperados

Jon S you are telling the truth…imagine playing for rewards like 3000 gems 3000 pearls in the arena only then i’d like to play in a league with non active players but in reality so you only fight for a week for 300 gem and pearl..that’s just meaningless to me…i like the adrenaline rush when someone else out score me and i like the feeling of joy when i beat them again if you are too tough they deserve to be number 1 i don’t care about being at second place against that players…arena is an online multiplayer game playing it in single player mode is just boring as hell.

James it’s boring to play for hours again and again but sometimes i like it because i like game dynamics and the unique movements of each bird when they destroy things differently every time you throw them.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

“Our Lady of Infinites seems to be gone.” CONFIRMED :(

I have stockpiles of them thru DC and various chest. They will last me a while given my goal is not necessary winning leagues. I am more into getting the top win streak to get feathers. If they would have stopped the “Lady of Infinite” way back when, they probably won’t have to deal with maxed out bird levels as much.

David Martin
    @david-martin

The loss of Our Lady of Infinites would have been the thing that made me stop playing the game, if I hadn’t already called it quits a few months ago. It got to the point where, even with infinite spells at my disposal, it became impossible to keep up with the Arena from week to week. Even winning every single match I played, I simply didn’t have the time to play that many times throughout the day any more. When a game becomes that much of a time commitment just to stay remotely competitive (and we’re talking placing anything above 13th to avoid getting demoted here), it stops being fun for me. The winner at that point is basically the player with the most free time. I enjoy playing AB casually, and I can play obsessively when other life commitments are at a minimum, but I don’t ever want to feel like I have to do that in order to avoid losing progress I’ve already made.

I might still pop in and play new campaign levels as they’re released, I guess, but my ongoing daily participation in the game is done. I had to turn off push notifications just so the game wouldn’t keep guilt tripping me about how I haven’t played the Arena and my birds miss me and so forth. I hate that games do that nowadays, but I guess that’s the new normal.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Keep playing the Valentine’s Day version for now… Infinity’s fine.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

For me, play until I run out of spells then I decide.

I haven’t care about winning leagues for long time now.

TripH0P
    @triph0p

I can’t believe they haven’t increased the rewards payed out in the arena after all this time… 300 gems and pearls are useless these days, people are only playing for feathers

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Is it just me, or are also experiencing something similar:
    Today it finally happened to me, that I lost an arena march with only few hundred thousand points. So I watched an add for a free bird thinking “the last remaining structure is all wood – of course I will get the blue” – and I did. Yes Karma and all that, but scre that, 9/10 times the free bird I get is blue and 8/10 times it’s useless. Is that intended by Rovio, forcing me to pay gems? Or is that really only my paranoia?

Katydid
    @katydid

I think picking a card at ever turn is tiresome. So I will be playing less. Also the 3 king pigs in one match is over kill. I am loosing interest in the game rather quickly.

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@katydid

I think it is a way to make us think we are getting more than we were before but I am not so sure that is true….I just play like I used to but I think some people can fall under the spell of wow….what can I get!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I think the prizes, like the cards in the tower, are predetermined, Rhonda. The others are just there to tease. “I got a Mighty Eagle, but if only I had picked another card I could have had 200 gems or 40 pearls.” Wasn’t going to get anything other than a Mighty Eagle to begin with. What I don’t understand is how that is supposed to generate revenue for Rovio. We aren’t given a chance to buy another card or another chance in those cases.

Katydid
    @katydid

It’s all about the money. So for some reason Rovio thinks it will generate funds I have no idea how but for me it is boring.

desperados
    @desperados

Arena competition now is all about humans against robots…the match scores are predetermined before you start the match..the AI controlled opponents always score the same only 1-2 of them programmed to score above average and you can beat all of them with 1-2 spells or none…earlier there were interesting competitions at human vs human matches.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

Arena seems a bit “fairer” with the lady gone, though I continue to be annoyed that there are regularly spells required for streaks 5-7. You sort of have to bring some in if you can see your opponent is playing with 2-3 or the bird count is too uneven. One improvement I’ve noticed – early days, and it may yet change – is that I’ve now often got the same sort of starting sequence of birds. It’s always super annoying when you see your opponent start with bomb and then rack up 3 (or more!) with bird-backs, while you plow along with chuck, blues and matilda to start, getting one single bomb late in the piece. The end of week rewards are pathetic, given you can now get BPs in chests! The only point of playing the Arena a lot is to get the high feather rewards, and that usually means spending spells or gems. Oh well. The streak 3 and 6 chests are pretty bad – feather rewards are sooo looow now, worse than before, and yeah right, haven’t got that 750 one like at all!

Katydid
    @katydid

The spell glitch was bound to go once people started talking openly about it. Some things are better shared in private messages. Oh well it was nice while it lasted!

I don’t care about the arena anymore. Rovio can demote to the lowest league, but I only play the two free rounds. It’s not worth fighting people 10 levels higher or constant robots.

Thee times this week I have been matched to players twice in a row. I have to do the same level with same bot twice! What are they testing their bots to see how they react to different bird orders???

ZoomRhonda
    @rhonda90402

@katydid

I don’t play the arena much anymore except to get my 25 stars to get my 200 feathers…I could play and win a lot more but my time is precious right now…I am at the lowest of the low in the arena and some players who are in diamond league still play weaker players sometimes..some friends play in tourneys where no one plays….what is up with that?

Katydid
    @katydid

I’m not sure Rhonda but I always end up in leagues where the players must play all day. I guess they have a lot of time on their hands

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@rhonda90402

@katydid

I won 1st place last week with 76 stars. The arena is not interesting anymore as too many repeated scenarios. Besides, I couldn’t get into arena or, complete a match this week.

Bye, 300 feathers. Bye, 300 pearls.

desperados
    @desperados

Only bot opponents can have bomb bird and then rack up 3 more again then it has unfair advantage over you…sometimes at the end of the match the bot can score 3-4 million with 1 throw and you get beaten by 2 million or more…when you click on battle the system it immediately creates a bot opponents for you it even gives you an opponent wearing the same hats like you.

I remember 7-8 months ago when arena matches were being made in real time by real players…at those days when you click on battle icon system was searching for a real opponent for you and there was 5-6 second delay for searching.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I don’t think we were ever playing head to head live, Desperado. I could pause the arena match for an hour or more then pick it up again where I left off.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,676 through 2,700 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.