About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,626 through 2,650 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Jon S
    @jon3800

@chopsting

lady of Infinites – translates to infinite spells. As many others pointed out in the thread, if you force close the app while finished playing the arnea, your spells will replenish and act like you never even used any

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

The arena has pretty much been behaving for me until the last 48 hours. It seemed that most games played out as expected.

Now, it’s really obvious I’m not playing he same rooms, but it gets worse. At least 75% of my matches, my opponent will be out of birds, then 2-5 million will be added to their score long after they’ve used their final bird.

Edit: does Our Lady of Infinites work only on the arena or does it work on campaign mode, KKP, etc?

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

The last 10 days or so my arena opponents have been ridiculous. A very common scenario – and pretty much happens for all my first streak opponents: Opponent is up to 20 flock power lower. I clear the first room, say a three-structure, on a strike with a bit of luck, get my 2.5 – 3.2 million. I can see opponent had the wrong birds and ends up with a few hundred thousand, let’s say 0.5 million, so I’m at least 2 million ahead and I can see that I’m two birds ahead because they get near or just over my first strike score after their THIRD fling. I cruise and get par from there, no mishaps. Suddenly in room 3 or 4 they pull even on points and then pull ahead. It’s simply impossible. I can see they’re not firing five mighty eagles in a row, but their scoring sure would require that! A third of the time I end up loosing comfortably, another third I manage to eke out a 5 star, and another third I need to try the free bird. There really are just a couple of possible explanations:
    – the interim scores and flinging we see from our opponent are just completely inaccurate
    – opponents do not play the same rooms
    – other factors are applied by Rovio, e.g. “catch up” scoring where you get more points for destruction when you’re behind, i.e. the score you have to beat has nothing to do with a real opponent’s score
    Any one of those explanations is pretty sh!tty. Maybe one in ten I get an opponent who only gets 8-10 million, and I struggle to believe that distribution reflects the “average” players or distribution of scores. Major BS!

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Yesterday the leader of the tournament won over 300 stars in one day, more than twice as much as number two!
    My goodness, even as a good player you have to play the whole day long! I even got dizzy from that game when I tried to score 150 in one day.

Anonymous

@angrynerds2 it took me just over 8 hours yesterday to get 1020 (yes I was bored, but chuck on a movie series in the background and the time flies ), so I imagine 300 stars would take 2.5 hours max.

Per hour, 110-130 is pretty normal

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I once played for 3-4 hours and made around 400 starts, so I agree with Chuckys estimation. It’s really exhausting, espacially, when you play on a small smartphone.
    There’s one in my league, he scored over 300 stars yesterday, I am second with about 100. The rest of the Group has 10-20 stars.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Last week I won the arena with 119 stars. The second is with 48 stars. What a wonderful diamond league.

Jim151
    @jim151

lady of Infinites – translates to infinite spells. As many others pointed out in the thread, if you force close the app while finished playing the arnea, your spells will replenish and act like you never even used any

That trick no longer works for me since the last update. It’s still working for others?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I have had that kind of luck two weeks in a row, Yue. This week is looking positive so far. 2nd place has a whole 10 points so far.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

I use a different approach to infinite spells. By using Cap Sternn’s iOS save/restore routine, you technically can get thousands of spells by purchasing chests all the time. This worked with the old chest reward system. Now that I’m on common/rare/legendary, spells are few and far between (but gems and pearls appear all the time). However, I figure I can just buy the spells when I run out.

Anyway, I just burn through the spells without force quitting to get them back. Since I don’t have the overhead of restarting the game after each arena match, I can rack up 100 stars in about 40 minutes. 2 hours to get to 300. This is assuming you get 8-10 stars per round, not too hard to do when you bring a full slate of spells to the party.

Jim151
    @jim151

Since I don’t have the overhead of restarting the game after each arena match, I can rack up 100 stars in about 40 minutes. 2 hours to get to 300.

Sure, but what I’m asking is does he force quit trick still work for you? because it doesn’t for me. And yes, I know how to do it properly. I did it for months before the last update.

cognitive
    @cognitive

It works for me – force quit when you get the results of the arena match, get your prize ie feathers then the stars are added then it says NEXT. force quit then, don’t hit next to return to the flock status screen.

Jim151
    @jim151

It works for me – force quit when you get the results of the arena match, get your prize ie feathers then the stars are added then it says NEXT. force quit then, don’t hit next to return to the flock status screen.

Do you quit before you go back to the arena page, or after? Because I’ve quit after (I think that’s the only way to get the stars), and then quit, and when I re-start, I’m down however many spells I used.

KLM13
    @klm13

@jim151…I quit as soon as I get the “Next” button. The Stars earned will be posted when you go back into the Arena after restarting the game. And you should notice that the spells have not been reduced. (I play on an iPhone…don’t know if this is true for Android, but I suspect it should work).

Jim151
    @jim151

@jim151…I quit as soon as I get the “Next” button. The Stars earned will be posted when you go back into the Arena after restarting the game. And you should notice that the spells have not been reduced. (I play on an iPhone…don’t know if this is true for Android, but I suspect it should work).

OK, thanks. I did that and it worked. I play on an iPad.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

I see.. 100 in one hour.. 2,5 hours nonstop playing..
    well, I even get dizzy when I play the daily challenge and the king pig afterwards.
    I’m really tired of that game, the constructions and the stupid pigs when I play that longer than half an hour, the group leader will get dizzyness as punishment.

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

I’m in a gold league this week, and I’ve noticed several players who are in gold with two medals. How is that possible?

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Today that guy leads the group with about 800 stars, still twice as much as the second one.
    Last week I won with 700, that’s no fun this time. I’ve got other things to do.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

@shea-harkness Before the medal update, back when AB2 was just a hatchling, there was a different form of tournament, where you could move up without medals.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Currently in 2nd place in my league – the person ahead of me is surging ahead by 300+ points per day. Serious commitment, that.

Chopsting
    @chopsting

I’m such a pleb, I can’t seem to win anything in arena :D Love the game tho

PolarBearCabal
    @shea-harkness

@ericli Thanks so much for the explanation. I was getting rather suspicious because that account is right behind mine and seems to always increase its stars when I increase mine.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

@shea-harkness No worries. I even started a post on this, so I hope everyone understands. :)

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

Last week I had a fair tournament, this week we have Krissy MC Fly with over 500 points in two days.
    I don’t have desire to play on this week.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,626 through 2,650 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.