About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,476 through 2,500 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Katydid
    @katydid

Every time I play level 1 my opponent has 10 or more power levels them me. I think most are robots as they cutesy names and bird logos. For the most part they match my hats bird for bird but somehow amass impossible scores.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

@jeremyharrod

Yep, seeing the same thing as well, but I’ve seen it in a game where I outnumbered someone by 9 in flock power. I was leading, just under 4 million total points (one of those games where it’s easy to clear the pigs, but not always cause massive destruction as nearly everything was stone) and all of a sudden this guy jumps to over 8 million from around 2. I’m like WTF? How did he get that many points all at once. I would have had to buy at least two continues to beat him. I just shut down the game because I refuse to watch him win when **** like that happening.

And yes, I’m getting stuck most games with people who greatly outnumber me in flock power, leaving me with no chance. In fact, I’m to the point where if I get matched with one, I won’t even play. I’d rather spend my time on someone else. It has gotten ridiculous.

I’d hate to think cheating is all over the place and it is more Rovio somehow screwing up the score display, but it is getting extremely annoying to be handily winning a game and suddenly get slaughtered by a 2-1 margin at the very end.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Yes funnily enough I find the first 2 games on the Arena harder than levels 3-7. That’s crazy. It should get harder the higher the level. And if, as Rovio claim, it is not a fix, why is it that always the opponents have higher flock values? Surely if it’s based on chance then at some stage opponents at the early stages will have lower levels.

The whole game is a fix and a way of getting people to part with their hard earned cash.

cognitive
    @cognitive

The game is beginning to look blatantly rigged. Not merely rigged.

First of all, I’m not sure the ‘opponent’ is playing what is shown, if anything. Case in point. I’m playing +5 spells and generally use Mighty Eagle if 1st – guarantees another ME. Mr. Opponent is playing ‘7’ birds. You run into a level with 3 structures that is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to 1-bird without ME. You could be Mr. Rovio himself. Ain’t happening.

You ME the first level, get your 1,895,250 points with one ME and Mr. Opponent 1-birds it without an ME (no ME shows in his deck) with a score within 5-10k of yours.

The second issue of players who waste 5 birds and score 2M then miraculously go from 2M to 8M in a couple birds… That’s more of a function of non-transparent and often incoherent scoring. You can bring down a huge structure and get a measly million points, but there are a few structures that are trivially simple yet result in 2.5M points or more. Still doesn’t answer how someone scores 2M with 4-5 birds then the remaining birds all score 2-3M EACH to reach a 10-11M score.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yeah, something is really wrong.

I just had a game against someone with a flock power of 119 and mine is now 134 (upped the slingshot today along with Matilda and Chuck).

Well, first of all I found that to be unfair to the other person, but then the scoring started. I led with about 4.5m to his less than 2m. It was one of those games where I had to waste a bird at the start because it was stone and all I had was Terence, Chuck, and Blues, so my score was well below where I usually end up, but I figured I should win if he was playing the same levels and with my FP being 15 higher. After I used my last bird he still showed two left. As the game did the fast forward, his score goes to almost 6.5m. I had to burn 60 gems to beat him plus the free bird, and then barely made it by less than 100k, but I wanted those 750 feathers.

Another thing, let’s assume we are playing the same map at the same time. On the first level with a different opponent, I blew the level to bits with a fan propelled Terence and got a worthless ~1.5m points. Terence laid waste to three full structures and took out all the pigs. Pretty much nothing was left as it was either destroyed or blown off the map. The other guy who only had an x2 hat on Terence and was 1 level below mine (assuming again he did the exact same thing), gets almost 3 million on his first bird and beats me with almost 12 million points. That is bush league BS right there.

And finally there is the flipping pig that cannot be killed. It is so far away that Chuck can hit it, but it is surrounded by stone and invulnerable to Chuck. So unless you have a hot chili, you will lose the match because some flipping micro-pig has been put into a place where you can’t get it. Just happened to me and after wasting 4 birds (even detonating Bomb as close as possible which only caused slight injury) I just quit the game. No point in even wasting my time.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Still, there are combinations that common mortals can use to score points in a hurry. I was wondering why blizzards became rare, then realized that the blizzard + blues combination in the right room can yield a stunning amount of points. Take a complex stone structure, blizzard it to ice, then blues it. That’s 3M points easily.

I’m not blaming it all on Rovio but for crying out loud there ought to be some guide to how it is scored. As a software engineer I can see some patterns but oftentimes the scoring is completely off.

Frequent visits to the temple of Our Lady of Infinites does wonders, tho. Unless there’s a convention of immortal pigs preparing for the local 4H County Fair, I can usually score 15-17M consistently. Nothing better than to see one of those 3M in nearly every bird (and 2-3 spells) people score 15-18M points only to lose to my 18-20+M… Great moral satisfaction.

Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

After upgrading the slingshot to Elder Silver almost all opponents score over 13k. God bless this forum for the Lady of infinity. I can even place 3rd without playing every 3hrs.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Question, how do people get these really weird names in the arena? A guy in my tournament has a single Arabic character for a name along with a customer picture. I noticed him when he went from zero stars to over 300 in about 2 hours. Needless to say no one is going to catch him as he seems to be playing nearly 24/7 now.

Could this be a bot of some kind?

Anonymous

@aggieguy he is using his Facebook name and Facebook picture :)

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Ah, makes sense I guess. I don’t use Facebook.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@aggieguy

for the lower flock power than thou, that is something to be expected, and they will always give you a challenge. My flock power is maxed out 301 and I’m battling opponents with flock powers 15-30 below mine, and they’re matching me with my scoring with my level 43 birds (i.e pristine gold, elder amethyst sling shot with full set of fancy hats) + my level 25 spells. Scoring is BS, but if you notice it increases fast, then it levels down. Every match I play a match in the arena, I should always bring spells in, and I win almost every other time with 5-8 stars.

When I’m battling players I never assume that they play in the same rooms. Since I play a LOT in the arena, I face the same opponents 3-4 times in a row and most of the time they had had the exact same score no matter what field they play.

For I noticed him when he went from zero stars to over 300 in about 2 hours; it’s entirely doable once you know our lady of infinity (see my replies) and you bank tickets. You can crank out 10 stars nearly everytime with a full set of spells. In the early days of this week’s tournament I was falling behind until I payed a good 2-3 days (6 hours) and I know have a 300 point lead in first. People don’t need to play 24/7

You should be connected to facebook. Even if you don’t have one, make an account and connect it with your game since it saves your progress on the main levels, gems and pearls. The game servers keeps tabs of your spells, arena tickets, and your position in there. If you someday decide to change your device and want to reinstall it on a different one..if you connect your game to facebook, you’ll pick up where you left off. It will suck tremendously if you have to redo nearly 1000 levels and have all your hard earned gems and pearls go south :(

Putte
    @puttekula

You dont need FB for that. I dont have it and my progress is saved anyway.

Katydid
    @katydid

Rovio’s blatant money grabbing is getting way out of hand! Tonight in the arena my 1st opponent was Pheonex Fearsome. 2nd opponent Pheonex Fearsome, 3rd Crash Einswine, 4the Phoenix Fearsome. Then it was back to Crash Einswine. Then finally I got to play a few others. I quite the arena a soon as I finished my 7th round.

Can’t they even pretend to give players a random opponent. Instead of Bot after Bot in their efforts to pry another 60 gems from my hands! Are they that broke?

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I sort of notice the lack of variety in term of names in the last few days. It doesn’t matter anyway because they are got beaten the same way.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@katydid

They’re probably are getting low in cash with their releasing of two AB games (AB Blast, and duplicate of Nibblers with AB Movie Sprites known as AB Match).

Since I have an elder amethyst sling shot, I too am getting the same opponents, and sometimes I battle them 3 times during 1 full streak. Like hubert-lo says, it doesn’t matter anyway since I memorise their scores and use Lady of Infinity to wipe off the floor with them.

I’ve noticed in many of my tournaments lately, I’m getting very low ranked players ( with bird that have levels 3-10) that end up in my diamond league. Oh well easy wins, since they almost never play :)

Sometimes I wish Rovio would do a real update on this game (not just the bimonthly addition of a new bird level, 20 levels where the only thing “new” is the one panel in the 3 boss levels”. New themes would be nice.

Katydid
    @katydid

I saw their ads for the games. I only have an elder emerald sling and Rovio is making it hard for me to climb out of the hole aggressive players in my group have me in even with the Lady’s help. I climb slowly up from 10 place but the next evening I’m back there again. Oh well who cares? Not me anymore I have had enough.

cognitive
    @cognitive

It comes back to the argument that time, rather than pearls or what have you, is the key. In the relatively non competitive Diamond leagues I find myself in, 220 points a day yields 1540 for the week, not bad. But at 5 min per game, that’s 2+ hours a day. And, there’s always some opponent, real or not, that will try to match you just because. I’ve been forced to 1800+ points on a couple of occasions. Now that’s not a lot, but even if you score 9’s in every round it’s still 3 hours a day.

Rovio could do well to limit the max tickets you can play per day to, say, 16 (8 every 3 hours and 8 more video) so a ticket would not let you go over that. 16 games a day times five minutes each is still a lot of time, but not 3-4 hours a day. Also, remove the score limitation and allow max of, say, 20 stars per game if you really blow away your opponent.

Katydid
    @katydid

I just quit trying in the arena. I play the 2 free games and leave. I’m tired of battling robots who never run out of birds. I have had them be awarded birds when there are 3 widely placed towers that would be impossible to get with one bird, but thru their robotic power I am to believe they do.

What a joke!

Off subject – Didn’t an update awhile back say that if you had a full group of birds they would carry forward to the next round? Did I dream that?

Kt
    @ktcain

@katydid

I sent a PM. Did you happen to see it?

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

4 times I’ve played level 1 on the arena and my opponents were flock power each time were at least 13 more powerful than me. Needless to say i was annihilated.

Level 1!!

What’s the point?

Make the impossible levels higher up as you go towards level 7, not at the bottom.

It’s OK I’ve given up and won’t be playing this week. Rovio’s management accounts obviously showed more money needed this week.

Well done Rovio

cognitive
    @cognitive

Consult the Lady of Infinites… She will be glad to grant you some additional, ehem, dispensations in the form of peppers, snow flakes, and canned sardines among other things, ad infinitum ad nauseaum.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Yeah, I’m done trying to play in the arena, just no point anymore. I don’t need the stress.

I am constantly slaughtered now by players who never seem to run out of birds, even when one level appears where it takes 3-4 birds to clear and proceed to beat me by scores of 5, 7, 10+ times what I can get. Even players who have a flock power below mine still jump out to a lead of 3+ million after 1 or 2 birds and I can never get close.

Katydid
    @katydid

I agree I am in no hurry to play the arena. I don’t care anymore what level they stick me in. Maybe in the level one group I can play and have fun the way it use to be before Rovio sold out. The new owners are too money hungry to care about those of us who would buy if fun instead of frustrating.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

The Arena seems weird for me. On streak 4, I got someone with a power of 179, compared with my 167. Panicking, I brought 5 spells, only to see that he got 3 million. Ridiculous.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

I try to quit it, but when claiming my daily feathers and I see myself in 14th place, I find myself scrambling to beat my opponent’s score. Honestly, they’ve got to fix the Arena.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 2,476 through 2,500 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.