About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@minhtuanka Each leagues top prize reward 25 more feathers than the last. Meaning the prizes would be like this:

Vanilla 50
    Bronze 75
    Silver 100
    Gold 125
    Azure 150
    Emerald 175
    Amethyst 200
    Diamond 1

Yeah the 1 feather prize is because your birds are maxed out so feathers are useless.

cloverla
    @cloverla

I liked the cumulative scoring system. All of those/us who can not play every three hours have a chance to score and get some feathers. What is/was so bad about that? For all of you gamers out there…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@cloverla — I also liked the cumulative scoring method because it let you replace using spells with playing several times.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

There was never any cumulative score. What happened was that you were compared to the wrong players’ score. It was never possible to increase your score by playing the arena several times (unless obviously you beat your own best). The cumulative score theory was just a theory of what happened, but that theory was not correct.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bankler — Well, foo! How about implementing a cumulative scoring system? Well, I suppose not.

Daveotd
    @daveotd

What is up with arena scoring. I get a one bird clean sweep for 300K and my opponent gets a million???? AM I missing something?

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@daveotd

As I think of it, your opponent isn’t fighting “live” against you. So, I figure we are seeing the score of their first TWO rooms right off the bat — not sure why. Because after that, things slow down. I have fought several arena battles recently where my opponents starts as much as 600,000 ahead of me — but I still win at the end.

What I am curious about is spell usage. How does the computer determine how many spells someone would use? Would it be of benefit to have at least one spell of each type available on our teams so that the computer would consider them available for use when others happen to come up against our team? Doesn’t matter from our end, but the more opponents lose, the better chance one has at climbing the leaderboard…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@daveotd @sutekh137 — One possibility is that they are playing a different battle (sequence of scenes). I’ve also noticed that they frequently run out of birds very rapidly, giving you some chance to beat them.

@bankler
    — Maybe you can shed some light on how scoring in the arena is working now?

Dopey
    @tormave

The way I think the Arena works is that you’re seeing someone else play some other sequence of levels. Typically the opponents seem to have multi-structure levels as the first two to create a false sense of suspense with your othem far ahead overall (further than would be possible with levels I’m facing). In that sense Arena is the same it always was: you’re trying to beat a score. Now you’re just trying to beat an unknown (until 5-6 levels in) score.

I understand they want people to use gems to play the Arena more often, but also it seems that people who are ahead get tougher scores to beat for a kind of rubberband AI (many racing games make people behind you artificially faster to create more exciting races) effect.

The previous arena implementation felt more genuine for sure.

Sicilian
    @thesicilian

A couple of Arena questions for all:

Is there a way my AB2 Arena user account can be preserved so I can log in on more than one device, or if the app is deleted from my iPad?

Also, how do some Arena players have their own unique user name and photo?

Thanks!

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I believe that if you connect your Facebook account to Angry Birds 2, you’ll get both of those. You might want to create a separate FB account for games.

If you connect to Facebook, AB 2 will use your FB name and avatar.

Sicilian
    @thesicilian

Thank you for your reply! How do I connect my Angry Birds Arena game to Facebook?

On my iPad, all I see in the settings are the sound option, the game credits, and a picture of a trophy cup that opens a “no data available” window.

On my Android, there’s the sound option, the credits option, and a pic of a game controller that wants to connect Google Play Games to a Google Plus account. (Does Google Plus still exist?)

But I don’t see a “Connect To Facebook” option anywhere.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

@thesicilian Google account and Google Plus accounts are the same thing, just think of them as Google accounts (which is what you use on Android phones).

If you connect to Google Play Games you’ll get a level based on your achievements and you’ll be able to compare your progress to your friends.

Bobby Porzio
    @bobby-porzio

the arena sucks how can i get luke 300000
    wipe out every piece and watch the person im playing get 800000 its either a rovio plant to get u to spend $ or some cheating a**hole its a rip off

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bobby-porzio

Bobby, don’t worry about the jump in initial score — it levels out. Yes, it is annoying that the simultaneity can’t get refined so it isn’t so out of whack, but it is what it is. Your opponent is NOT a plant or some sort of insurmountable robot.

What Rovio needs to do, ASAP, is get spells removed from the Arena. I lost three battles yesterday by under 150K because I drew into worthless spell cards. On one battle I drew into TWO of them. This is clearly costing wins. If you do nothing else, Rovio, remove spells from the Arena and send out an update, PLEASE!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

Earlier today in the Arena I was only battling people at the same level that I was…it’s now back to the original way.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Amen on the spells!! It’s a curse to draw those.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dwhite40704

I have not drawn into a spell since the update, so I think this might be fixed…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

Yes, as a result of your feedback, we removed the spells being drawn as destructometer cards in the Arena. Glad to hear you enjoy it, and thanks for your input! Have a good weekend!

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bankler

Also:

— The pace at which cards are used is even now, so the opponent doesn’t run away with a high score at first. This means your opponent can rack up a big score AFTER you are all done. Not sure I like that, since I really didn’t mind the way it was before.
    — Indication of how many cards your opponent has left is much better now.
    — You can get an extra bird to fling at the end if you are close! This is a little confusing, because I am not sure if that is the score that then saves for me when other players fight me. Seems like it will inflate scores and eventually make getting an extra bird a moot point (it does feel nice when you just have a bad run, though). I did see an opponent with more cards than me to start even though he wasn’t using spells, so I think it is recording the total score WITH the extra bird?
    — New Arena battles setting that involves water (basically from the new levels just released).

Overall I personally see things as improved. Thanks!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

I also feel that the Arena play is better with this update. While I’m happy that no spells are dealt it would be nice if spell cards couldn’t be used in the arena battle. I’ve battled two players so far that brought five spells into the fight. I lost both times by 500,000. Even with the extra bird it hasn’t helped as I’m usually dealt a bird that is useless against the structure I’m going up against (blues against stone).

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

@bankler obviously the spells cards haven’t been removed as being drawn as destructometer card in the Arena. I was just given one and of course it proved to be worthless as it did no damage when I used it.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@hooksfan
    There is still one rare edge case in which you can get a spell as an extra card. Normally, you can only get cards that you have already used (cards are put in this invisible “discard pile” after use). If you fill the destructometer when there are no bird cards in your discard pile, the game will fallback to giving you a spell card, since we never make duplicates of cards. I’d say this would only happen if you have played exceptionally well. So, well played. :)

However, if you (or anyone else for that matter) would see this happen again when you are absolutely sure that there would be used bird cards available, please let me know, because in that case it could be a bug.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bankler

@hooksfan

Bankler, there is one more rare case where you can draw into a spell card in the Arena — at the very end when it offers you one more bird if you watch an ad (just happened to me this morning, and luckily a Rubber Duck got 50,000 points and was just enough to let me win…).

Now, I realize that extra card is a “gimme” anyway and we shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth, but if you could eliminate spell cards from that draw as well it would be nice.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I keep playing these opponents in the arena with (5) spell cards. They don’t just beat me- they beat the brakes off of me. For my level of birds 5,000,000 is unthinkable. I also keep drawing opponents with only 4 level (8) birds and 5 spells. This has only happened to me since the last update. Anyone else experiencing this?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.