ABN Design Tweaks

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum ABN Design Tweaks

Viewing 12 replies - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Replies
  • Profile photo of Chicadee
    Chicadee
    @chicadee

Yep, got that one thanks @birdleader

Profile photo of Bird Leader
    Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Since the premium membership stuff was first talked about here, I figured you all might want to be the first to see: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/uncaged/. Would love to know what you all think (oh, and feel free to sign up and give it a go). :)

Profile photo of bikkit
    bikkit
    @bikkit

Looking good @birdleader . I’ve just signed up for a year – and am the proud owner of your ‘apology’ screen!!! Looking forward to the perks etc but hey I’d have signed up anyway for the ‘support the Nest’ aspect.

Good on yer!

Profile photo of burpie
    burpie
    @burpie

Hi @birdleader, I also signed up for a year. Yes!

It seems there’s no automated goodness… I’m still looking at adverts. I trust that you do have sufficient information to sort out who sent what. I see that you have to be logged in to buy a membership… presumably the payment details include our ABN IDs.

May you get so many paying members that the administration becomes a PITA!

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Woot! Thanks @bikkit and @burpie! Means a lot.

Bikkit, you said you got the ‘apology’ page? That seems strange. Were you sent there after you finishing going through Paypal?

Profile photo of bikkit
    bikkit
    @bikkit

Hey @birdleader don’t worry, I got through ok, and arrived at the page saying there were no perks yet and it’d take time to set up my profile. All is good!!!!

Profile photo of sparty83
    sparty83
    @sparty83

Not sure when this was added, but I just noticed that when I hover my mouse over my scores in the leaderboards, it shows the date and time of when I entered the score. Pretty cool!

(of course, this was done on a PC version, not sure how to hover a non existant mouse over my scores on my phone)

Profile photo of AMslimfordy
    AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@sparty83 Good eye! Just yesterday, and correct there is no way to hover on mobile.

Profile photo of PJng
    PJng
    @pjng

About mouse over action on score, I using USB OTG with mouse didn’t work, nothing happen, but other site (mean other that ABN) it work. Any website script prevent it?

Profile photo of JunkenMetel
    JunkenMetel
    @junkenmetel

@sparty83 and @amslimfordy, re: hover on mobile — in “real” life, I consult as a User Experience Designer, and most of my projects these days are “responsive design”, meaning they are designed from the beginning to work across devices, from desktop, to tablets, to smartphones. It’s a brave new world for me, with many, many aggravating things like hovering that you have to design around. But I expect all my projects to be responsive from now on, so after 15 years of designing website interactions, I have to start over and learn a completely new way of designing! Quite humbling to go from a very senior rock-star who’s done it all, to a complete novice again. Good for strengthening one’s character.

@amslimfordy, you guys have been way ahead of the curve with responsive design, and have done a great job — I really admire the work you’ve done! I access ABN on my Windows 7 laptop, my iPad mini, and my Samsung Android S4, and I never feel like things are any different on any device. I think @sparty83 found a really rare exception.

I’m very lucky to have a wonderful developer who saves my behind whenever I try to use an old interaction “pattern” that is not going to work on a mobile device. It’s a steep learning curve. My current project not only has to be a responsive website, it has to meet very strict 508 and WCAG 2.0 standards for accessibility for people with disabilities — that’s another eye-opener.

It’s still the Wild Wild West out there for responsive design, and very few websites make the grade. You guys deserve enormous kudos for your work; I’m going to start using ABN as one of my standard best-practice examples.

Although you’re going to have to fix that hover feature now. :-)

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@junkenmetel Thanks for the kind works. My dream is to make ABN fully-responsive and have it render beautifully on all devices. Some day. I will definitely need to figure out a solution for the lack of tooltip support on mobile.

Profile photo of JunkenMetel
    JunkenMetel
    @junkenmetel

@birdleader, maybe this was noted elsewhere in this forum, but I just wanted to say thanks for the cool feature in comments where when you start typing a member’s name, a suggestion list pops up, so you can make sure you actually insert the correct form of the member’s name.

This feature will really help improve communication with other members, and it saves so much time when posting a comment where you want to mention another member.

What an awesome feature! Not sure how new it is, because I haven’t been very active lately, but thanks SO MUCH!

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum ABN Design Tweaks

Viewing 12 replies - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.