ABN Design Tweaks

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum ABN Design Tweaks

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 111 total)
  • Replies
  • Profile photo of bikkit
    bikkit
    @bikkit

@birdleader, after my previous, don’t know if this helps but I have received email notification of private messages which are appearing in my site messages (!) but also in my site notifications. I also have email notification of me being mentioned, but these do not appear within the site. They can be got at through the link in the email which goes direct to the walkthrough where the message is.

Profile photo of Bird Leader
    Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Thanks for the kind words @bikkit. Right now I am leaning towards a very basic ABN Turbo account that replaces ads with some stuff (not exactly sure what yet).

BTW, if this @mention happens to pop up on the top left let me know. :)

(note, if you click the link in the email it will take you straight here and the on site notification will go way < which is normal)

Profile photo of bikkit
    bikkit
    @bikkit

Right, well done, whatever you did worked! I got TWO emails, one entitled birdleader mentioned me in an update and one (two minutes later??) entitles ABN Design Tweaks. Here in the site, I finally got a notification in the top left corner and clicking on whatever was the leftmost field (sorry can’t recall what it was cos it isn’t there anymore!) opened the page with all the other mentions I have had but for which I hadn’t had in-site notification. (And to which I couldn’t navigate??)

OK, I’m ‘professionally’ interested – what did you do?!?!?

Profile photo of PJng
    PJng
    @pjng

@birdleader, just about 15 min ago mvnla2 mention me, but no notification, it straight go to ‘read notification’.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Thanks @pjng. This issue has me flustered to say the least. :)

Profile photo of swellD
    swellD
    @swelld

@birdleader it did work. I got email notification about two hours after the comment was made.

Profile photo of wicket182
    wicket182
    @wicket182

The load more button at the bottom is not functioning for me.

Profile photo of PJng
    PJng
    @pjng

Yes, I tested on my computer and galaxy tab, on group, Load More is not working.

I’m only received notification when have a friend request.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@pjng The load more issue should be fixed now. Thanks for the report.

Profile photo of Terribletom
    Terribletom
    @terribletom

@birdleader…Still not receiving notifications for mentions. I seem to be getting them for private messages. These I see to the left of my username, in a “blue” circle. I get everything in my emails, but unfortunately, I don’t check my email everyday!!

Just thought I would let you know. I did do a hard refresh, as you stated, and held off a few days before responding.

Regards

Profile photo of Mumsie
    Mumsie
    @mumsie42

@birdleader – not sure this is the right place to post this but thought it may be because of the ‘tweaks’ I went to B&R to distribute some dusters and wanted to read back to make sure I didn’t miss anyone, pressed the ‘Laos more’ bar at the bottom but I just get the same page minus the ‘load more’ bar.
    I’m also missing some notifications in the blue circle next to my name – top left of ABN – but do get them all in email.
    Thanks again for all you do!

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Hi @mumsie42, thanks for the report. I think I fixed the load more issue in the groups. Sorry about that.

The notification issue is still something I am trying to track down. Notifiations work sometimes, but not others. With that said, all the notifications are being created and when they don’t show up in the little blue circle it’s because they’re being marked as read. You can find a “Notifications” tab on your profile. If you click on “Read” you’ll see all your notifications. I will fix this, but I have to be able to recreate the cause first, which I haven’t been able to do with any regularity yet.

cc @terribletom

Profile photo of Maiasatara
    Maiasatara
    @maiasatara

Hi! Overall I like the design and the ads don’t bother me. I’d rather see ads on the side than pay. The one thing I miss – the nice tight set of icons and links on a black background that used to be on the far right – next to “My Rank.” I realize they were a duplicate of those that are on white, spread across under the yellow bar but I preferred those and used them exclusively. I didn’t need to read the letters AB, ABS, etc. as I do with the others because these square icons on white look alike on my small iphone screen. Again – not a major issue, just something I will miss. Thanks for all the consideration you give and hard work put into one of the few sites I visit on a daily basis!

Profile photo of MVNLA2
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Maybe a separate forum on AB Go would be a good idea? Might keep people from creating new forums in the General Discussions forum every time they have a question. There have been who knows how many forums created to ask essentially the same question.

Profile photo of Chicadee
    Chicadee
    @chicadee

@birdleader are we supposed to get a notification number in the blue circle when we have been @ mentioned? If so, those last few @’s you sent me did come through via my email account but since the update/moving of the blue circle etc., I haven’t had numbers (besides 0) in the blue circle.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Yes, @chicadee, you are. I have been having sporadic issues as well, but as of yet I have not been able to figure out what is causing some to get marked as read. They are all still being generated just fine, but since they are mysteriously being marked as a read the number doesn’t show up in the blue circle.

Profile photo of Chicadee
    Chicadee
    @chicadee

OK @birdleader thanks. Btw this one didn’t show up in the blue circle either. At least they are going through to the email address.

Profile photo of MVNLA2
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@birdleader — Right now on the right side of the gold bar, it says “New Rocket Robo Review”. Is this space now a spot for a paid ad?

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@mvnla2 Nope, that is actually an honest review written by us as sort of an initial test. @appymama is a writer on RocketPond and she is helping us here now too. We are working on building out a family friendly game section

Profile photo of MVNLA2
    MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@birdleader — Well, you sure are keeping it a secret. Would help if the review page made it clear that it was from RocketPond.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

It’s not from RocketPond. These reviews will live here. It just so happens she writes for RocketPond as well. It’s not a secret, but the section isn’t ready to be publicized yet. The link was simply an idea to get a few people to check out our review.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Boom! I think I have finally solved the @-mention notification issue. Please let it be true.

cc. @chicadee

Profile photo of PdB
    PdB
    @playdbird

@birdleader – I have not been getting any of my @ mentions in the notification circle.

If you’d like to test it out, feel free to @ mention me.

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Here you go @playdbird. Let me know. Note, if you click the link in the email or view your activity page the notification will be cleared.

Profile photo of PdB
    PdB
    @playdbird

Got it @birdleader – thanks – seems to be working.
    Also got a couple from @e-star so I had a few show up, when for the past few (days, weeks) I hadn’t gotten many at all (or any).

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum ABN Design Tweaks

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.