ABN Design Tweaks

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum ABN Design Tweaks

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)
  • Replies
  • Profile photo of KathyKathy
    @kathy

@Karen68 if it helps , I subscribe to the walkthrough that I’m currently playing through and i get all notification from that. .then when I’m done with that level i unsubscribe. I am subscribe to this page so i get notification even when I’m not @ mentioned. Just check the box below that says notify of follow up comments

Profile photo of karen68karen68
    @karen68

Thanks @kathy, I’ve never thought to use that feature as I figured I didn’t need to.
    But I did get the notification that you just mentioned me.

Profile photo of KathyKathy
    @kathy

Cool beans @Karen68 ;) I see i did miss a couple notifications in the challenge, but i may not have been paying attention as well lol;)

Profile photo of TerribletomTerribletom
    @terribletom

@birdleader, I am receiving the email notifications, but that appears to be it!! I had to respond to this from the email….no notification!! Just started happening, recently!!

Profile photo of Bird LeaderBird Leader
    @birdleader

@terribletom and others. I think I have fixed the @mention notification issue, though you may have to do a hard refresh to see the changes. You can do that on a PC via “shift + F5″ and on a Mac using, “command + r”. Let me know!

Profile photo of ChicadeeChicadee
    @chicadee

Re your (@birdleader) request for expressions of interest in a premium level ABN account.

The ads don’t worry me. If they’re paying for the site to run without members having to contribute then that is good.
    The badges are nice and I know some people really covet them but like others, I’m not prepared to pay money for one. I also don’t like the scenario that would create of the haves and have nots.
    YouTube vids in comments are not an enticement for me to pay for a premium account.

P.S. Would you mind telling us what your long term goals are for this site?

If down the track it is no longer financially viable, I would be very sad to see it fold. If that happens, requesting members to assist financially to keep it running in my opinion wouldn’t work as you already see many members whingeing about paying a dollar for games, feathers etc. It would also mean a small membership which for me would be bad because it’s the large numbers that push up the average scores on the leaderboards and it’s those scores that keep me playing. Perhaps (if they aren’t already), Rovio could be approached to help you out financially. I know they endorse this site (and read some of it) but I don’t know if they assist you in the finance department. Truth be known, they should. Your existence is the only reason I’m still playing any Angry Birds games and I wouldn’t mind betting I’m not the only one obsessed with the leaderboards. Almost forgot to mention the thousands of walkthroughs – they’re just as important as the leaderboards.

Keep up the great work. No need to say I love this site – you already know that :)

@birdleader

Hey @chicadee, thanks for your feedback, concern, and loyalty to the site. ABN is not going anywhere and I don’t have any immediate plans for a premium level. If I were to offer a premium level it would be because I think I can provide a lot value and would need a way to justify the time, energy and resources that would go into it (whether building or maintaining it or both).

I would not make it a situation of have’s and have not’s — that really is the last thing I would want to do. The Nest is great because of it’s community, so that is sacrosanct.

At the end of the day, I’m just exploring other options that might exist so that we can keep growing and having fun! (and no, those options don’t necessarily entail a premium level) :-)

Profile photo of bonneypattycatbonneypattycat
    @bonneypattycat

@birdleader sign me up for a premium account! Even without any upgrades, I would like to help support ABN.

I don’t care much one way or the other about a new badge. I will say though if players can afford $200 Telepods, they should be able to chip in a little for a premium account and the new badge.

Profile photo of KathyKathy
    @kathy

@BirdLeader it might be worth thinking about, as it seems most that are interested is based on a desire to help the nest! As for the badge and it being about “have and have nots” I really don’t think that is the case cuz even the peeps who have not still love this site and i think they would rather see other members helping to support rather than all the space being taken up by advertisements.
    I hope that made sense lol

@karen68

@birdleader I’m still missing notifications, there were several mentions yesterday that never showed up by my name, but they show as read on my profile.

Profile photo of wrw01wrw01
    @wrw01

@birdleader
    I am missing a notification number in the light blue circle at the left top of the main screen page. I do receive an email note and when I log into the ABN the number is still zero. I have noticed this in the last three notes received through email from sunshine and two others.

@birdleader

@wrw01 or @karen68 If either of you guys know how to View Source, could you please open and view the source of the ABN homepage. At that point it CTRL+F or Command+F and search for ‘global.js’. Please let me know if that exists or not. Thanks.

@wrw01

@birdleader
    The “1” showed up in the light blue circle with your message.
    If you can let me know how to view source I will do it but I will try to right click and guess

@wrw01

@birdleader
    got in and after control f a little box on the right popped up and I typed in the global.js and it did come up in the middle of the page and was highlighted.

Profile photo of AMslimfordyAMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@BirdLeader I can confirm that @ mentions outside of the forum stopped working again. Also, global.js does appear (line 20).

@birdleader

Thanks everyone for helping test. If you hard refresh again are you now seeing notifications (Slim, I left you a couple more test comments)?

cc. @wrw01, @amslimfordy, @karen68

@karen68

How do you hard refresh an ipad? (sorry for my ignorance)
    @birdleader, @amslimfordy

Profile photo of AMslimfordyAMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@karen68 Interesting question. Technically, there is no such method that I know of. But perhaps the easiest workaround is to go
    Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data
    and delete the data for ABN. (iOS lists the websites from largest cache to smallest, and ABN is likely sitting between 10 and 15 KB.)

@karen68

@amslimfordy good guess, ABN was at 12.7 KB. Did as you suggested, so hopefully it will work now.

@birdleader

@karen68 I just left a comment on a post with an @mention directed to you. Please let me know if shows up (in addition to this one obviously).

@karen68

@birdleader no I didn’t get either of them. :(

@birdleader

Thanks @karen68. This is turning into one of the most frustrating, and hard to replicate bugs I’ve ever encountered. In almost all my tests things work just fine!

Profile photo of swellDswellD
    @swelld

@birdleader I can say that I had not been receiving @ notifications for a few days and no indication of notifications by my name when I opened the site until 15 minutes ago. I left my name in the birthday forum and the site correctly told me that @swellD mentioned @swelld. What it did *not* do is email me the notification.

@birdleader

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up @swelld. Let me know if this one works. ;)

Profile photo of bikkitbikkit
    @bikkit

Hi @birdleader , sorry I’m late to the party, as usual…

I’m happy to pay. Jeez, this place is about my only ‘vice’ nowadays (if you ignore the booze and narcotics) so whatever it takes to keep it going, count me in.

And I’m also getting the email notifications but nothing within the site. I used to hate issues like this when I was a worker! You have my extremely heartfelt sympathies.

Home Forums All Things In The Nest Forum ABN Design Tweaks

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.