ABN Avatar Contest 2014 – Winners announced!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABN Avatar Contest 2014 – Winners announced!

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 375 total)
  • Replies
  • Kathy
    @kathy

Woot!! Happy new year @all and good luck to all
    Either way Every single Avatar is Amazing and we all win by sharing in such a great community as ABN has brought us all together :)

windwalker
    @windwalker

Glad we are now into 2015 – thanks for a great comp @estar,my hat comes off to all at admin who keep this great site up and running, thank you. The avatar comp is a great idea and I would like to thank those who voted, I hope everyone find 2015 brings them all they could wish for themselves. xxooxx

xebic88
    @xebic88

Happy 2015 to everyone with a name ,hope its a ripsnorter :)
    Kool comp @e-star ya Ledgend xXx
    Congrats to all the great Avatars

E-Star
    @e-star

After an evening enjoying lovely company and some bubblies, I want to wish everyone a fantastic and wonderful 2015. Thank you all for joining in the fun of the avatar contest 2014! After 11 months of nominating and 1 month voting the results are in…

Mister @rat9 @Uncle-B and @Windwalker you are the winners of the Avatar competition 2014!
    A shared first place podium, how wonderful! You each will receive 300 points shortly.

Thank you all for a wonderful year with creative and inspiring avatars!

Annifrid
    @annifrid

Congrats @Rat9 @Windwalker & @Uncle-B :)

BTW, I’ve just misread @TomPuss comment on top of this page as “E-Star, thanks for ruining this great contest” :D

Kathy
    @kathy

WoooHooooo !!Congrats @Rat9 @Windwalker & @Uncle-B :)
    3 way tie !!! 3 Great creative avatars !!

Uncle B
    @uncle-b

I am at the same time both humbled and honored to share the podium with my esteemed fellow Nesters @Rat9 and @Windwalker and extend to them my Sincere Congratulations !!!

I must again thank @rubeeinthesky for nominating my “Happy Kitty” avatar into the 2014 Avatar Contest and those who placed votes for Kitty! And I must thank @Stocktoad for originally encouraging me to post an avatar after I first became an ABN member and spent my first month dragging that “standard blank look” around the Nest.

I’ve come across very few avatars here in the Nest that I haven’t particularly cared for, and I find so many delightfully whimsical and creative. That fact was made clearly evident when I placed my own votes for the Avatar Contest this year as it was very hard indeed to choose between the various nominations! So I tip my hat to all of my fellow Nesters on your very expressive and creative avatars ~ in my book each one of you are Winners !!!

Wishing each of you All the Best in 2015 !!!

Stocktoad
    @stocktoad

Congrats to @rat9 @Windwalker and @Uncle-B for the winning avatars!!!!!! I didn’t have anything to do with windwalker, but I do seem to remember prodding both @rat9 and @uncle-b to start using an avatar. So…..even though I didn’t win myself, I am happy that I at least had something to do with 2/3 of the winners.

Rat
    @rat9

You’re right @stocktoad. I couldn’t have won without your prodding and @Estar’s creative mind. Therefore, I donate 100 points to you, 100 points to @Estar, and 100 points to the @Minnie’s kids relocation fund. I don’t want to get to the rank of Pig Leader any faster than I already am. Truth is, I want to go back to Master Slinger. Master Slinger fit me like a glove. lol

Also, congRATs to Windwalker (great art) and @Uncle_B (hard not to like a cute cat) on your great avatars.

And last but not least by a long shot, thanks to @Estar for a superbly run contest.

Rat
    @rat9

Thanks @Ma. It’s a great way to start off 2015.

E-Star
    @e-star

Mister @Rat9 thanks for the donation and the credit >-[[HUGS]]-<
    But I will leave it up to @AMSlimfordy to decide if donating is a possibility when he hands out the prices.

I do share your sentiment with the rank of “Master Slinger”. I haven’t been avoiding getting the points though, but rather have my point reduced everytime I as near switching ranks. Me wants to keep my star icon next to my name.

Bird Watcher
    @aryamoitra

Congratulations @rat9, @Windwalker & @Uncle-B !!
    thanks to @e-star for creating such a awesome contest !!
    Every avatar in nest is great and creative as always. That’s because it was very very hard to nominate and vote only some among them. All of them are winners. Hoping a great year with full of happiness for everyone !

jlz-666
    @jlz-666

Congratulations @rat9 @windwalker & @uncle-B! So many great avys out there but I’m obviously delighted to see another @e-star creation in No1 spot!

justpast40
    @justpast40

Congrats @rat9, @uncle-b & @windwalker …. Of course since I’ve used 1 of my kitties since practically Day 1, I’m partial to uncle-b : -)

E-Star
    @e-star

Mister @rat9 I want to thank you again for wanting to donate the price, but points are personal and non-transferable and therefore the price of 300 points is too. So they are yours :D

I just added the points to your totals @rat9 @windwalker and @uncle-b
    Congratulations again to the three of you!

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Woohoo! Congrats @rat9, @windwalker and @uncle-b. Also, thank you @e-star for making this contest so much fun.

windwalker
    @windwalker

Absolutely thrilled to bits, thanks to all concerned. Congrats to @rats and @ uncleb we will have to break out the bubbly and scotch, going to enjoy this hangover. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again @estar you are a legend

SweetP
    @sweetp

Congratulations on a 3-way tie @rat9, @uncle-b and @windwalker!

Kathy
    @kathy

Again Congrats to all for having an avatar nominated
    cuz they are all wonderful and creative!

@rat9
    @Uncle-B @windwalker and all I cordially invite you all at your own leisure to enjoy a free drink and meal at The Bloated Pig :)

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

@e-star when can I nominate for January? I can’t wait, I love this….

E-Star
    @e-star

@hunnybunny To be honest I wasn’t sure there was enough interest for a new competition and was kinda waiting if anyone would ask about it :)

This past year we have had less nominations than the year before, in 2013 we have had 183 nominations and this past year just half that amount, just 94. I think it is due to the fact the avatars of those that are active stay the same. Also with the voting, less people came in to nominate this year. In 2013 we had 37 people that cast their votes, which I think wasn’t as much activity as I hoped for and this past year it was even less, just 23 nesters cast their votes.

Hence me waiting for any feed back. So to all the Nesters, if you are interested in a new avatar competition… Let me know and I will be happy to provide a new contest :D

Kathy
    @kathy

@E-star yes would love to see another contest. I hope there will be enough interest to make it wroth your time and effort which is always appreciated:) i will mention it in the BP as well:)

karen68
    @karen68

@E-star I would love to see the contest return for another year. It really is a lot of fun & it’s great seeing everyone’s creativity.

E-Star
    @e-star

@all I have started the new contest over here. Hope it will be a creative good year!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABN Avatar Contest 2014 – Winners announced!

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 375 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.