ABN Avatar Contest 2014 – Winners announced!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABN Avatar Contest 2014 – Winners announced!

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 375 total)
  • Replies
  • jlz-666
    @jlz-666

Ok I’m feeling terrible as haven’t nominated for months but I’ve seen a couple of newbies that I’ll include over the next couple of months (if they don’t change) However my October nom goes to my toothy fiend @e-star! Loving the halloween faces again @hunnybunny @karen68!

E-Star
    @e-star

@Annifrid sorry for the delay, but I have had a busy week… anyhow I added your nomination to the wall :)

@jlz-666
    I see you brought you Halloween outfit with ya too, I don’t celebrate it myself, but I am loving the theme of dark and spooky. Thanks sweet JLZ for nominating me… it has been added to the wall of faces :-)

angry angel
    @burn

hope this is going to the right person/people. I uploaded the avitar to this (my) accounts album..tried setting the avitar pic again and still the pig with the crown is there. I’m now 99% sure it is a background from this site, so i’m not sure i can change it much. The crisper cleaner one is in my album tho —crash for angryangel

SweetP
    @sweetp

Hello @burn! To make things easier for you, please click on this link: How Do You Create an Avatar at the Nest?

It will give you the answer to why your avatar does not appear everywhere here in the Nest.

Kathy
    @kathy

@e-star my October nomination goes to @rat9 for his big eye haloween avatar :) uhmm I don’t think i used October yet..

E-Star
    @e-star

@kathy LOVE the new avy of Mister @rat9 nice catch! I have added it to the wall of faces, but unfortunately it’s only up in the old forum section, so I do not have a larger image to show when one clicks on the little avatar in the wall.

Mister @rat9 care to share a larger image of those big Martian eyes??

Kathy
    @kathy

He hee I love it too estar hope Mr. Rat can make it bigger :/

angry angel
    @burn

well, i’m not sure there is a problem with it showing up….. there is just a background image that is faint but not part of my picture I used to make the avitar

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@burn The default image is showing up behind your avatar because the image you are using has a transparent background.

Kathy
    @kathy

I still love it @burn and it made the wall :) looks great in your album :)

E-Star
    @e-star

Time flies… Just 3 more weeks to nominate your favorite avatar! be sure not to miss out on you last chance to nominate!

karen68
    @karen68

@E-star this month is a tough one, there are so many lovely poppy avatars for Remembrance Day, it’s hard to chose. But I’d like to nominate the one from @mumsie42. Thanks! :)

E-Star
    @e-star

@karen68 so true, but thanks for making that hard choice. I have added @mumsie42 ‘s avy to the wall of nominees!

Bird Watcher
    @aryamoitra

my november nomination goes to @rowdypup

Kathy
    @kathy

@E-Star my November nomination goes to @can-attila :) i love the peaceful feeling it gives of a family walking at dusk… into what ‘!?! A green glow in the distance lol looks like hmm I’m not sure but i like it;)

E-Star
    @e-star

@aryamoitra and @kathy I have added your choice to the wall of nominees. Just 11 days left until the voting starts. With 94 avy’s there is plenty of choice :)

Kathy
    @kathy

Ty @Estar :) i can’t wait till the voting begins , very exciting!
    Good luck to all and even those who don’t get chosen Congrats on making it to the nominating wall. All great avatars and well deserving:)

Can-Attila
    @can-attila

Thank you @kathy, looks like a mansion but i have 3 children now :)

Kathy
    @kathy

Your most welcome @can-attila :) its a lovely peaceful photo !

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@E-Star — Do I really get to cast the first vote?
    My picks are:
    @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster(2)

@Jwgardenwiz

@UncleB
    With 4th place going to @Spacer

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, the notifications didn’t work that well, so I’ll try again:

@spacemaster

@uncle-B

E-Star
    @e-star

You sure are the first to cast the votes, thanks @mvnla2
    I have made the tally list and added your choices. I will be adding mine as well soon too :)

JunkenMetel
    @junkenmetel

Hi @e-star! And hello @mvnla2! :)

No, I haven’t fallen off the planet; I’ve just been too busy flinging to keep up with my ABN friends. Hugs to you both, and everyone else, plus holiday cheer!

I can’t believe I’m going to be the one to cast the second vote…I have a cold today, so I am indulging myself with some time on the nest, and happened to see 2014 voting announcement in my feed. Yay!

Boy, what a lot of great options this year; everyone is so creative. But my votes are going to be purely sentimental. Getting soppy in my old age.

So, in no particular order (since it doesn’t matter), here are my 2014 Avatar Contest votes:

• @kimmiecv – Because the bird snails! How can one resist, knowing the years-long epic saga? Beautifully drawn, and very funny.
    • @mcc8206 – I love my backyard birds, and cardinals are among my favorites – especially this time of year, when they add such festive color to the backyard feeder. And this just seems like such an appropriate avatar for the season.
    • @hunnybunny – HunnyBunny has always been dear friend, her bunny photo is one of my favorite avatars of all time! (I notice she’s updated her avatar since…glad I got to vote for the bunny before it was too late).

My vote for HunnyBunny is very special and a sort of memorial (not for HunnyBunny!). This year we said goodbye to the last two of our beloved house rabbits, the “babies” – brothers Chaplin and Houdini. They were both aged 13.

20 years, six house rabbits (5 at one time!) – that’s a lot of adorableness and love. Each of them had distinct and strong personalities, and they all knew they were in charge in our household. :)

Sorry (as always!) for the long post; but I just HAD to share the meaning that each choice holds for me. Avatars are so personal, after all, and I think they’re a really important symbol of the warm and friendly community that is the Nest. So many people – most of whom have never met and never will meet in person – from all around the world, gather here because of a shared interest, and are NICE to each other!

I think that’s a wonderful thing to treasure and be grateful for, as another year comes to a close.

And of course, @e-star, I have to give you an extra-special bonus vote, for hosting the Avatar nominations and awards. Your tireless, generous, friendly, creative commitment to all Nesters makes such an enormous contribution to the welcoming and fun atmosphere here at the Nest.

Same goes for you @mvnla2 — I’ll never forget that when I first became a member years ago, that you were the first member who reached out and welcomed me. Hugs always for your kindness and friendship.

And I think, @e-star, you might have been the second person to connect with me!

I am so grateful for all the wonderful people I’ve met here; EVERY avatar represents a person who is kind and generous enough to share with others.

I did warn you I was feeling sentimental… :)

– Laura (JunkenMetel)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Hi @Junkenmetel — Glad to see you’re still around. Hope you feel better soon. This time of year does get one to wondering whats happening to all the Nesters we haven’t seen for a while.

E-Star
    @e-star

@junkenmetel Hi!!! So great to see you flying back into the Nest and not just because I have gotten a such praise from you… you are to kind and you make me blush. Thank you for your kind words and I am just ever so happy to play a small part in such an amazing and big community. As always I loved your note as it not only took care of business, but also welcomed us in a little piece of your life with the bunnies. We never had bunnies but they are furry friends and the furry friends always find a way into your heart one way or the other. Sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to the last two :(
    [[[huggggs]]] my dear friend, happy you popped in and voted! Thanks!

I have made my choices too and they are:

@pbm
    – I just can not ignore the fact that all the ingredients are just right… the best city, Apple and Dutchie Orange

@dseufert
    – love the name “Makin Bakin” and the avatar only makes the name that much stronger. Of course the piece of bacon doesn’t hurt the attraction either :p

@uncle-b
    – as a cat lover, this is the embodiment of a cat having a relaxing day enjoying the sun and maybe some cuddles like only they can.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABN Avatar Contest 2014 – Winners announced!

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 375 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.