ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 2,376 through 2,400 (of 3,427 total)
  • Replies
  • nacho18
    @nacho18

@jorge-freeman-1. The first : Welcome to Our Greates team of the world

nacho18
    @nacho18

Sorry @jorge-freeman-1 : something Wrong with my safari operational .!!
    I just want to tell you . This You are know into of our Greates Camaraderie ; our Diversity is Very Vast . Our culture and Academic Formation is Further as our competive Race on tracks. You will Fell on a Very Distictive Team .
    So I loock forward Racing with You : our Best Times Racing Withyou just beginning : what a Tean We are FREEMAN.

janmej
    @janmej

@abgofast @nacho18 @phoenix6 @dbkraemer @alcusto @wazemank @oldschool @platium @jorge-freeman-1

Virtual towel slaps for all of you! (I always wanted to do that in real life, but since I’m not male, and have never been in a locker room of an American football team, this is the closest I get. It was alright, a bit awkward, but I’ll/you’ll get used to it)

Welcome to the team, Jorge.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

Hi teammates!

Much time already passed since my last presence here on this forum and a report and some replies are due. I would like to had given some feedback sooner but I have been really busy.

First of all thanks to all that congratulated my joining of ABGoFast (##### @wazemank ~ I have a confidentiality clausule on the contract but it seems that my wages are about the average for the team…######).
    I hope not to disappoint you and that our collaboration will be a fruitful one. Joining this team was the good news of the last few days. There were also bad news but more about that later.
    Today I started racing on the multiplayer and I’m happy with the results so far but at the same time I’m still struggling with the challenges. I try to keep the best birds for multiplayer and do the challenges with some of the others.

@alcusto
    ~ you’re right about paying to skip the “stay in the 1st place for the entire race” challenges being a bad idea. I’ll do as you say.
    About the Rocky Road challenges in fact I couldn’t win a single one, without using boost pads, a couple of days ago. I used Royal Snout fully upgraded and also tried the Tri-Toaster. I tried with all the best birds and even used a leaf blower once. Although, there was always some opponent that was too fast. I could even say abnormally fast but I don’t want to go into paranoia territory. With a King Sling and a Leaf Blower I think I would win but then there’s the tricky point of not touching any boost pad. And it’s required to win three times in a row…
    I think I’ll not touch that challenge a few more days and then retry. Perhaps I’ll have some easier opponents then.

You got me confused on which karts can be won on the weekly tournament and which cannot but I already searched for the telepods. Some packs are really cheap in the US but then there’s the shipping and handling fees that increase the price several times. When I’ll have the opportunity I will search for them on European virtual shops.

@janmej
    ~ I already checked the Lucky Goat but have no good results with it yet. Also, I upgraded direction/steering/? to the max and it seems it was a bad idea. Instead of racing sometimes it seems it is playing drunken kung fu.
    I’ve been thinking in upgrading resistance to give it more weight and, as a consequence, more stability but I’m not sure if it will work like that.
    P.S.: I’ve heard you have a co-pilot. Is it true?

@nacho18
    ~ I know I’m late on the matter but I would like to congratulate you on your Birthday. I hope you had a good time and that the future will bring you plenty of good things.
    About ABGoFast I believe when you say it is a very special group of people. If something was needed this on-line journal that you build supported on a forum thread is proof of it.

(My first impressions on multiplayer racing with ABGoFast will be on my next post)

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

I picked the multiplayer again today. I raced individually first and it seemed somewhat easier than before. Although couldn’t finish first more than an handful of times. Then I discovered the team vs team option and it is great. Abgofast wins almost always. There were an handful of losses only. I remember we raced against Buck Naked and Donkos plus several others, whose name I don’t remember.
    Racing team vs team with ABGoFast is a great opportunity to win many GE (I’m already close to class 16 now…) but it’s not so good to win individually. There’s nothing strange about that because, not counting with the opponents, ABGoFast members are some of the best racers of the game. All in all, I finished winning 3 Lucky Box which is OK.
    The tracks where I get the best results are Air (that’s where I got most of the 1st places…) and Sub-Zero. The hardest are Stunt and Seedway. Sometimes I win on Stunt track 2 using Bubbles but I think I never won a single race on Seedway. Which kart do you recommend using there? I have them all except Super Roaster, Big Bang Sp. Ed. and Sty GT.
    Sometimes I had the connection error when searching for an opponent. That’s when I turned to challenges returning later.
    To finish the subject I would like to say I’m quite happy with racing the multiplayer and I’m eager to go there now. But first there’s a frustrating episode I’ll tell you about on my next post.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

“…

Please try clearing the cache of your game by going to your device’s Settings > Manage Applications >Angry Birds Go, and tap “Clear cache”. Afterwards, reboot your device and try running your game again.

You could try to enhance the games functionality by:

a) having as much free space on your device’s memory as possible, at least 2GB
    b) not multitasking (close all background applications when starting the game)
    c) updating your OS version to the latest available
    d) having a WiFi connection when updating or launching the application
    e) restarting the device every now and then to release some memory
    f) Update your game to the latest version

Hope the alternatives above help!

Best regards,

Nadir
    Rovio Support Team”
    ————————————

I already told you that I won last week 2 Turbo Kart power-ups on Lucky Boxes just to loose them the following moment due to game crashs. Well, yesterday I had the most frustrating episode on AB Go! since I begun playing it. Finishing the 3rd race of one of the many “do 3 races in a row using all p-ups” Seedway, Track 1, challenges, I picked a lucky box. It was the third race using all 4 p-ups, 12 in total, of which 5 were given by watching ads and the other 7 bought with gems (85 of them…). At the end of that race I would pass the challenge. The race finishes and I taped to open the Lucky Box. It gives a Leaf Blower. The accounting of it is shown but the following moment the game crashes…
    I reopened the game and checked the Seedway, T 1, challenges. Not only the one I was working right before was still there as the number of races with the p-ups applied already accounted was reset to 0. The ones I done were erased and 3 more are needed. 85 gems and a Leaf Blower were lost!
    You cannot imagine my frustration. For a moment I thought on leaving the game…

I finished complaining to Costumer Service as I had done already because of the lost TUrbo Kart p-ups. Today I received the answer of the complain of the later. It’s at the start of this post. Please reach your own conclusions…

janmej
    @janmej

@jorge-freeman-1 It seems you’re describing an old bug that both @platium and I have met a few times. I even spend real money once trying to beat that particular challenge, only to discover that the counter doesn’t work. You can do it if you finish all 3 races in a row, but if you leave and come back later the counter has reset and you have to start over again even though the challenge doesn’t mention anything about finishing in a row. Since your device crashed it seems that the counter reset again. So annoying! I wrote Rovio back then, and got a different answer than yours. Just a standard answer about their trying to improve the game etc. How ever @platium wrote them recently about the issue, and he was given gems to make up for the loss.

And yes, I sometimes have a co-pilot. My 3 year old daughter who loves to press the special power button, and by the way sends following advice to @abgofast who wanted to know when is the best time to press the button. She says, “when it’s ready”:-). Btw, Jorge, where are you from? You mentioned something about Europe earlier. Portugal or Spain?

@platium
    Happy chinese new year!

@nacho18
    I saw your reporting of the bug that sort of blurs out the team screen. I will add it to the list.

@all happy racing! Go fast!

platium
    @platium

hi @jorge-freeman-1

u must 1st place and no booster x 3 in a row??!! that is difficult now!!! u need booster to help u achieve that!!!

for those use power up 3x in a row… u need to complete it… if not it will be reset!!

thanks @janmej… tradition requires me to visit all my immediate elder relatives… lucky SINGAPORE is small and easy to go over to their places… do u know our population is almost the same as denmark but about 1/3 is migrant workers… some facts for you..

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

@janmej ~ I’m from Portugal.
    And it’s Portuguese the language I must play AB Go! on (the same on several other Rovio games, as well…). Unfortunately in what concerns Go! challenges the instructions in Portuguese are awful. I’m used to big language faults like “avoid the first n obstacles” being described as “avoid n obstacles”. That’s the reason why I assumed that Portuguese for “use all p-ups on 3 races” should be “use all power-ups on 3 races in a row” since if I don’t do them in a row the counter resets. Now that you tell me that the “in a row” is not/should not be required I see that the instructions in Portuguese are actually correct and the need for the “in a row” is due to a bug.
    The answer from Rovio CS that’s transcribed on my last post is from the complaint about the Turbo Kart p-ups lost to crashes. I haven’t received the answer from the last complaint yet. Although, the one above disturbs me because all the burden for the crashes is put the side of the client.
    I play on a Quad Core tablet with GPU, 2 GB of Ram and over 25 GB of memory available atm. All is updated and Wi-Fi is always on. If the game crashes on this device and within these conditions it must be much worse on over 80% of the devices it can be installed on. I think the obvious conclusion is that the problem is on the side of the app not that of the user.
    That’s really sweet you playing along your children! And it’s wonderful how the kids sometimes seem to have all the good answers…

@Platium
    ~ Yes, I’ll probably have to do that challenge with p-ups. But even so there’s no guarantee of success because if I touch a turbo pad that race doesn’t count and the counter is reset. So that’s another really tricky one.
    I wish you an Happy New Chinese Year and that you find all your elders in good shape.

Go! racers! Fast! Fast!

Arus73
    @alcusto

@jorge-freeman-1
    Welcome to our crazy team! How old are you?
    I experienced the same frustration of a crash on the 3rd race of the use all power-ups in 3 races challenge. Rovio gave me 200 gems at the time to make up for my loss (there was not any free power-up for video option at that time), but clarified that it would have been the last time they gave gems to me for a crash.
    If you touch a turbo pad and your challenge counter is reset to 0, don’t cross the finish line and simply restart the challenge. This will restore the counter as it was before you touched the turbo pad.
    In Rocky Road the best kart for speed and handling is the Big Burner L4. If you don’t have it, I would suggest to use the Punch Box L4 because it is less unpredictable than the Royal Snout L4.

oldschool
    @oldschool

@jorge-freeman-1 Welcome on board! It is nice to have new blood in the team. BTW, that’s really nice, strong name you have.

The challenge that demands you to be first place 3 times in a row while avoiding turbo pads seems not to be doable on the 3rd track. There are two issues there: Rovio added some integral* boost to CPU drivers so that the longer they are behind, the more their speed increases. This integral boost is a bit exaggerated there. Second, it is very hard to avoid the turbo pads on that track. I gave up since I don’t use more than one special power per race, specially in single player, and the only way this might be feasible would be to use King Pig and use his special power to avoid the rows or turbo pads. The sole exception to that rule is when I had to be first place throughout the whole race, which also became very hard when Rovio added that integral boost.

As for Seedway tracks, we have been using is the pre-patch Big Boomer L4. Most used the Iron Bolt L4 a couple of patches before, but it seems slower now, somehow, after they removed the cart from us. The one best character in Seedway is Chuck. Use his boost to either escape the crowd and their special power spam, or use it to overtake opponents when the path ahead is clear. In the first track, use the grass path to the right, before the bridge, as a shortcut, but try your best to avoid crashing at the turn, else you lose all time gained through this strategy. In addition to it, use the subsequent huge bridge instead of the normal, left-side path, but avoid the invisible wall which exists to the right of the entrance. It is above some small blue ribbon which you see on the ground.

In the second Seedway track, there is a tricky shortcut just before the jump to the bridge. Hold your right, then quickly turn left just before the bridge, landing on the track below. This should take some training so as to consistently avoid the invisible wall near the tree. I’d suggest using a slow racer in single player, so you don’t get too high a score. As previously explained, one must avoid getting high scores since further challenges demand that you beat them again.

I got more stuff to say to our team mates, but wife is going nuts cos lunch is ready!

*Math integral: it means the longer the distance and time they are behind, the higher the boost gets

oldschool
    @oldschool

@alcusto Here is my list of carts:

1) Seedway: Iron Bolt L4, Shake Delux L2, Big Boomer L4, Super Roadster L6, Big Bang L6, Big Bang Special Edition L6

2) Rocky Road: Royal Snout L4, Big Burner L4, Royal Rumbler L6, Tri-Toadster L6, Lucky Goat 666 L6

3) Air: High Flier L4, Bubble Barge L4, Air Guitar L6

4) Stunt: Machstick Mobile L2, Hog Rod L4, Mega Rocket L6, Shoemerang L6

5) Sub Zero: Tracked Trekker L4, Strike Out L4, Chuck Ice L6, Santa’s Sleigh L6

As many of you, I lost a bunch of carts in the christmas update.

freeman
    @jorge-freeman-1

View post on imgur.com

This is a quick note just to let you know that the above is not my responsibility. The game crashed and when I restarted it I had the astronomical amount of GE you can see on the pic above. Also, when I try to get the team menu it crashes again.
    I hope this will be fixed soon.

P.S.: I intend to reply your messages soon.

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@janmej @wazemank @platium @oldschool @alcusto @phoenix6 @nacho18

@jorge-freeman-1
     @dbkraemer

At this time, I press the multiplayer button and the game immediately crashes. Single player works and my challenges intact. Dont know if this multiplayer crashing is related to Freeman’s insane result. Game is bugged up yet again!

oldschool
    @oldschool

That is most certainly related to @jorge-freeman-1’s egg count. Since you guys are used to contacting Rovio support, it seems you should ask them to check this.

Arus73
    @alcusto

Same issue, my game freezes every time I attempt to play multiplayer…
    Only challenge mode works for me…

waze
    @wazemank

Same issue here with multiplayer. Time to beat @abgofast in the weekly tournament.

jerzgirl
    @jerzgirl

Thanks for the positive support actually just got out of the hospital, but feeling ready to go, I am not the gamer you guys are but I love this game.

Phoenix
    @phoenix6

Same crashing here when selecting multiplayer…wonder if it’s only for Android users…

nacho18
    @nacho18

@jerzgirl : We are Happy that you are well and fine:

nacho18
    @nacho18

Hello : IOS Racers : @janmej @platium and @dbkraemer . Yesterday . I did Crash on Rigth Finish line on Seedway . But after crashing ; I get out ; then after multitasking . And restart I went back and everything was fine.!!! How about today I didnt Race Are you!!! What’s Matter on your game!!!

platium
    @platium

hi @jerzgirl welcome back!!!

hi @jorge-freeman-1 with your determination, i finally pass the closely avoid 15 obstacles!!! i use 3 powerup using KING PIG… get pass 1st 3 obstacles…. fly… to get the counter to 6 or 7!!! then skipping the booster pack… closely pass through the 2 obstacles… then try to get the counter to at least 10 by avoiding 2 ice obstacles so close together or by jumping over the long row obstacles!! then at the bend. launch power up get to 14!!! and when u land fly again to get the ELUSIVE 15!!! thanks for the CNY greetings :)

my multiplayer still doggy!!! now Angry Birds Epic also giving problems!!!!!

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@janmej @wazemank @platium @oldschool @alcusto @phoenix6 @nacho18

@jorge-freeman-1
    @dbkraemer

Good Canadian Morning to my teammates … I am still experiencing the immediate game application crash when selecting multi-player mode. I’ve opened ticket 1105968 with Rovio and mentioned fellow Android users experiencing the same issue.

With the weekend, I doubt I’ll here back quickly so I’ll try the game again later

I tried two ideas that didn’t work

1. Sign out and sign back into Rovio account … same crashing happens

2. Sign out of Rovio account and uninstall / reinstall the game … I got as far as the team leader board page that showed all our team/individual eggs intact … All avatar pictures except my own were not visible. Screen also went blurry as I was trying to scroll to see everyone’s results (i.e. was Freeman’s score still crazy) and then the game crashed and continues to do so when selecting multi-player mode.
    I may try the uninstall/reinstall a bit later.

@wazemank
    has me in the weekly tourney….for now….not sure if I will attempt to pass him now or wait till Sunday night like last week! :)))

If I get back into challenges and single player mode, you guys might never see your captain again … I tend to go on binges with that part of the game far worse than my multi-player marathon of a few weekends ago !

ABGoFast
    @abgofast

@janmej @platium @oldschool @jorge-freeman-1 @wazemank @dbkraemer @phoenix6 @alcusto @nacho18

Freeman and I are experimenting. Given his crash situation and the timing of us all not able to play, he volunteered to temporarily leave the team to see if this would allow us to play.

So far, I can now get to the main team page and see that he’s missing. I try to race team multiplayer and get the “connection failed” message even though I have strong WiFi / mobile signal. The game is not crashing but not allowing me to play.

@janmej
    … if you’re still online and read this note can you also try to play the game and see if you get any further than me. Thanks

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum ABGo.!!! Challenges:!! How far you are.!!

Viewing 25 replies - 2,376 through 2,400 (of 3,427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.