ABF General Forum

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum ABF General Forum

• Share your thoughts about differences between platforms: iOS, Android, other mobile, FB on PC or Mac, etc. Personally, the different platforms drive me bats :) I prefer my little iPad Mini, but quite often it seems that mobile devices are at a disadvantage. On the other hand, sometimes mobile is favored.

What do you think?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Replies
  • Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

On still another topic, why can’t some “power users” with top scores provide simple screenshots or descriptions of their strats as proof of their scores? On the Nest, we are all on the honor system. Cheaters who post false scores, provide no pics, and who especially do not participate in sharing their strats are suspect and may be construed as having no honor or integrity at all. The ABF game is itself “finite,” that is, there are so many points possible. There are winners and losers. But the “infinite” goal is to keep everyone a winner, no “losers,” by participating in the posts and comments and forums. For me personally, I’m not gonna get a new car or even a toaster oven for high score whether I post a legit score or cheat. My “reward” in lieu of a new car is posting my best strat and encouraging others to match or exceed my scores! Maybe that’s the teacher instinct in me. I’ve only been a teacher for the last 35 years!

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

Hey @dseufert, thanks for creating a topic. We will need to spread the word about this forum across Facebook and such. We can’t have one sitting around with only one person in it. :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dseufert — Just noticed this. Great idea! @BirdLeader must have made it it’s own category. Hope it doesn’t get lost. @BL — Don’t remember seeing any tweets, announcements in chatter, etc. about this. I play AB FB Friends occasionally, but not very seriously and without any FB friends. I’m playing on an iPad. Haven’t tried anything else.
    Interesting comment about at least posting a screenshot for a high score. I haven’t posted any of my FB scores, so haven’t looked at the leaderboard. On other games, someone with a high score (after a few days) has to provide a screenshot. An issue may be that since each series is only open for a week, there is not much time for the admins to challenge a high score.
    The solution may be that if you have a high score at any time during the week, you need to post a link to a screenshot in your album. If you don’t, and your high score remains until the end of the week, it will be deleted.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

Recently posted on all levels of ABF on Nest…

Dear Fellow Nester,

As Nesters, we’re all on the honor system and most members post honest scores, pictures, or videos. However, some Nesters have been detected as cheaters, and they seem to post fake scores during the week or at the last minute. Therefore,…

If you are claiming top score on any level, please provide a simple screenshot of your summary score page, like this…

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/dseufert/album/picture/9858/

If you need help to make a screenshot-picture, help is available on the Nest. If you cannot provide proof of your score(s) via screenshot, picture, or video, then you may be flagged and your score(s) deleted.

Looking forward to kicking some bacon-behind and Makin Bakin! :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dseufert, @BirdLeader, @AMSlimfordy — Either you need to do this every week, or you need to get the words incorporated into the standard walkthrough text. Good Luck!
    I would shorten it to
    If you are claiming top score on any level, please provide a screenshot of your score, like this…

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/dseufert/album/picture/9858/

If you need help to make a screenshot, help is available at (provide link). If you do not provide proof of your score(s), your score(s) may be deleted.

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

Good idea! @mvnla2 I’m almost always too “wordy” :) I have a few friends who don’t play anymore on the Nest because of fake scores, especially those posted in the last few minutes before a new tournament begins. Shame :( It has come to my attention that far more Nesters are clever Thaxers who may post pics or videos early on, then claim even higher scores just before the week ends and a new tournament begins.

There are a few of us Nesters who have befriended each other on FB so we can keep tabs on each other’s scores. Still, for those claiming top score(s) per level, we require at least a screenshot of summary page to substantiate score(s). Would be nice to “request” the same from any top scoring Nester.

Personally, I could care less who wins. I just like to play and participate socially by posting strats, pics, comments, etc. However, there seems to be an increasing number of honest Nesters who are leaving the Nest just for this reason. My stats might be wrong, but we used to have over 400 ABF Nesters who played regularly each week. That number is now below 200 for whatever reasons including clever cheaters. :( What’s your opinion? –MB :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dseufert — I only play AB Friends for fun, and stop when I get 3*. I don’t post my scores, because I don’t use PUs, so I would be near the bottom. I would suggest you contact BirdLeader and AMSlimfordy to get your comment included in the main post of each walkthrough page.
    Good Luck!

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

Thanks @mvnla2 :) I’ll contact sal9, too. I might be poking my nose where it doesn’t belong, stirring up things that only make it worse. Goal is to keep Nesters from fleeing the Nest due to clever cheaters.

sal9
    @sal9

Thanks guys, it’s in the works.
    Full integration is on the way.

ps: @dseufert we will need to start creating threads with more specific topics, such as bugs, tournament wishlist, platform variations etc …

Terribletom
    @terribletom

Some great ideas gents. I personally like the idea of having to post a screenshot of any/all “Top Scores” A video would be even more valuable, as long as there was a general strategy accompanied with the screenshot/video!

Terribletom
    @terribletom

This is done on the FB page quite a few of the Nesters are part of. No screenshot of a High Score, it is deleted if it cannot be supplied!!

BobaFett
    @bobafett

I play on MacBook all the time and for mobile im using Bluestacks and iPad Mini.

I dont understand why all my score that i entered last time has been deleted on this site. I have a video proof of all my score.

I have some week on the top position of the leaderboard, and its all gone.

So now I only share some videos if i have without entering any score. :)

Caw Caw
    @quetzal

Greta ideas!

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@tienshenlong What is your first language? Mandarin? Cantonese? I’m pretty good at languages with help of Google translator, but sometimes your English is hard to understand. No offense, please. Write and post in your first language, please. Thanks! –MB :)

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@bobafett While you’ve been carousing in Siam and volcano country, the Pakistani kid has been using your alias as BobaFeeT, which could have caused confusion among moderators like @sal9 and your scores inadvertently deleted. Please continue to post your excellent strats and videos :)

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@tienshenlong I think you told me you’re from Peru. Is that right? There are a lot us of Nesters who speak Spanish. Use your own language. Spanish is excelente. Por favor, escribir o hablar en español si es más cómodo para usted. Hay muchos amigos del Nest que hablan español también. No worries :)

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@tienshenlong Any language is ok on the Nest. There are plenty of us worldwide to translate, if need be. Go ahead and write/speak any language you want :) English is good, so is Spanish, or most any other language, thanks to Google translator :) in my personal experience, besides English, Spanish comes in really handy ;)

wicket182
    @wicket182

It’s still there, just harder to find. Select one of the carts (bird or pork). Scroll down and select the character you want. Permanent will be the option to the right.

Congo
    @congo

Keep preaching brother!

Congo
    @congo

Another idea to make sue the score exists: become FB friends with Makin Bakin!

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

LOL @congo :) El país donde vives, por lo menos tres lenguas se hablan más que sólo Inglés. Además de Inglés y Español, te puedes hablar cualquier otros lenguas? Me he referido a MENUDO los hablantes de español para tu o Andreas o @luisG

I just re-read what I wrote :)
    Menudo? Ahora tengo hambre pero no es sábado o domingo todavía :)

Terribletom
    @terribletom

@dseufert, You sure are on a mission!! Unless I google translate……Me English only!!! Some half assed Canadian French,…maybe!!!???

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

BTW, I don’t really speak Spanish very well, but “Mexican” that I learned from Mexican-heritage friends “on the street” while growing up :)

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

LOL No sooner did I post about not being able to speak Spanish very well, our new housekeeper showed up with her 7yo son. I fumbled around a bit in Spanish, asking him his name, how old he is, where he goes to school, etc. He said, in perfect English, “I know it’s very important to speak both English and Spanish around here, and you’re trying really hard, but you’re screwing it up. Just tell me in English and I’ll tell my Mom in Spanish, ok?” I put Jesus Junior in front of the TV with the remote and a tall glass of apple juice :)

trojan
    @trojan

A couple of questions that might have already been answered;

1. WHO are those two dweekers I play against each week and blow away?

2. These are really creative levels and they can be played on lots of platforms, including PC. Why are these not incorporated into mainstream AB games? I mean the skill level is both fun and challenging.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum ABF General Forum

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.