AB2 UI related bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 UI related bugs

• I’m the new responsible UI programmer in the Angry Birds 2 team and I had this wonderful idea to open up a new thread only for UI related bugs. We do have a fast way to receive bugs at Rovio, but I think this can help to make it even faster in some cases.

What is a UI related bug?
    The UI(user interface) is all the intractable buttons and labels used to give you information about the game. The card hand is a good example during our play sessions in Angry Birds 2.
    So if a button is behaving weird or a scroll bar is acting suspicious. Feel free to post it here with a description or with a screenshot. This way I can fix it immediately instead of it going through our QA and passed along our system.

Thanks for the help and have a wonderful day!

Clovos

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Replies
  • Circlerev
    @circlerev

@clovos
    So far, I have found one little error in Daily Quests dialog. When I tap Claim-button, it shows an animation where gems go to total gems counter located at top-left corner of the screen. Sometimes this animation does not play correctly.

@circlerev

Thanks for the heads up. I will look for it when claiming my own daily quests, to see if it’s reproducible :-)

Clovos

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — Happy New Year! You sure will have a lot of work to do as soon as you get back!
    Here are some comments with the AB2 UI:
    * There seems to be an animation that gives some clues about what your opponent is playing, but I don’t understand what it means, and most of the time I don’t see it because it happens while I am watching the bird I fling and its destruction. Maybe if it were delayed until after my score registered, I would be able to figure out if the birds cards that flit off the screen were birds that the opponent played or birds that were added to their hand.
    * The 3+ cards in the opponents hand is not that useful, since you have no clue what the + means, and they may start with 11. Showing the actual number would help.
    * When I click on my avatar on the arena leaderboard it says that I am in Emerald league, but the leaderboard switched from Emerald to Vanilla a few days ago. I haven’t been demoted, and there haven’t been enough weeks to be demoted from Emerald to Vanilla.
    * I don’t get credit for playing the arena unless I play a regular level first.
    * It would be really nice to have some way to go from one set of levels to the next without scrolling the screen. It takes a long time to go from level 9, where I farm for gifts to level 399, which is where I am now.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — I bought the red upgrade to get more feathers, etc.; however I am still getting ads between levels all the time. In other Rovio games, if you bought something, the ads disappeared. I mean, I’m perfectly happy to watch an ad if I get another bird or another try at the arena, why should I have to watch ads between levels? BTW, I think I bought something earlier in the game, because I haven’t seen ads between levels for a long time.

PJng
    @pjng

Why score display is gone when complete a room?
    As I remember, score always display until completed a level,
    but now it will gone once you completed a room,
    and it will back when new room is start.

@mvnla2
    Happy new years!!
    This is great feedback. I will write them down to my to do list. And a lot of the things you are mentioning are things that did not make it to the last update but is on its way!
    The arena league bug that you are talking about, I’m not very familiar with it. Could you give me a better description of what happened and I will report it further.

When it comes to the interstitial ads I’m not sure how it is set up in the live game. I was pretty sure they should be turned of at all times now or at least for paying users. I will get back to you on this one.

@pjng

Hmm I think I might have done that. I thing I can fix it back if there’s no reason to why I removed it.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — A lot of people have mentioned being in the Vanilla league last week, when they used to be in Emerald. So far this week I am back in Emerald. Not sure that answers your questions.

angrychick
    @angrychick66

Hey Clovos, not yet a bug, but a very useful feature could be to provide the option of syncing the game/score across devices using the Rovio account of the user. I am not a user of Facebook, but I would like to abandon my older device playing AB2 on the current one without losing the progress already made. This is possible for some of the other AB games. Is this something that could be implemented? Thanks, ABC

@mvnla2
    Regarding the league issue. It does not seem to be a UI related bug. I will keep an eye open and report it further if I find something.

@angrychick66

Hey! I would recommend you to make a Facebook account only for gaming like @mvnla2 have done. It’s fast to do and you do not have to provide your personal details. Making another way to save you progress requires a lot of time. Time that we can use on making new stuff instead of providing stuff that we already have :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — The league issue may not be a bug, but you still should report it to the relevant programmers. I’m still expecting it to happen again this week, because I don’t think it started when the new week’s leagues started last week.

angrychick
    @angrychick66

@clovos
    Clovos, thanks for getting back to me. Since Rovio already has the sync fucntion for other games – could it not be simply connected to AB2 (with little time)?

One of the reasons is that I do not like Facebook to have access to my devices (in addition to that they also want my personal data anyhow). It would be great if a dependence on Facebook was not required.

Anyway, thanks for listening; and good ideas for keeping up the nice work! ABC

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Not really a UI bug, but I’m not sure where to report this. I just hit a pig on the head with Matilda’s egg and it didn’t explode. I’m trying to clear level 253.

I’d also like to second MVNLA’s request to have an easier way to navigate back and forth through the map. I replay some of the earlier levels to try to get red gifts and it’s a pain scrolling through dozens of screens to get back to the later levels.

@mvnla2
    I think I manage to located the problem and fixed it for the next update. Thanks again for the heads up!

@angrychick66

Most of the other Rovio games are not made in the same engine as Angry Birds 2 and therefore it’s not that easy. I agree having another type of syncing-method would be nice, but compare to the other things we’re working on, it’s not prioritized as high. Maybe in a future update we might implement it.
    I understand your frustration about required to use Facebook. I’m still positive of using it tho, but I respect the choice not to.

@andalaybay

We´ve gotten more of these physical issues regarding the birds and are trying to reproduce it and find the reason of what causes it. Thanks for the report!

Regarding navigation in the world map I’m gonna write it down on my to-do list and we will try to find a good way to moving between chapters faster. Thanks for the input.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

Here’s a genuine UI change: could you please increase the space between the launcher slingshot and the edge of the screen? Specifically, level 260, boss room. The slingshot is so close to the edge of the screen that I have frequent misfires. I like to pull the birds back and there isn’t enough room on this level. I have had the same problem on a few other levels, but I didn’t note them at the time.

@andalaybay
    Hey! Not a UI related bug, but I will make a request to fix it for level 260. What device are you using and what resolution? Tested it my Edge and I had plenty of space but that might not be the case if you’re using 4:3.
    If you find more levels with the same problems, please post them here and I will add them to the list.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@clovos, I’ve had this issue on an iPad 2 and now on my iPad Pro. My iPad Pro is 2732×2048 resolution at 264 ppi. I’ll take note of any more levels I find in the future.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@clovos — I’ve had the same problem as @andalaybay on my iPad Air 2. Don’t remember which levels but I’ve had quite a few misfires because the slingshot is too close to the edge.

Jon S
    @jon3800

I’m not sure whether to report this as a bug or not. But I was farming for feathers in level 9 I managed to get Chuck into Emerald, Bomb and Terrence up in feathers in Emerald, and Matilda into Amethyst. I close the app and when I reopened it a couple of minutes later, only to find out I’ve lost my progress. Also noticed that my star collection isn’t in sync with my Ipad Air and Iphone 5S 9.0 (tho it could just be a synch issue).

@andalaybay @mvnla2
    We are fixing it for the reported level. If you know more levels then please post them here.

@jon3800

Sounds like there must been an error in the syncing just like you’ve said already.
    Make a bug report to the support. They might be able to help you!

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@clovos
    Here is another UI related bug. It happens after boss level when tapping Next-button. The bottom of the screen shows Red’s sceptre and robe in incorrect place for a short time before next pig flies away with airship.

AB2 UI bug

@circlerev
    Awesome, thanks for the notice! Will fix it :-)

@circlerev
    Hey again!
    Could you tell me what device you manage to reproduce this with? I did not manage to reproduce it with mine. Also what version you got installed. Maybe it is already fixed :-)

Circlerev
    @circlerev

@clovos
    I was using third generation iPad (iPad 3), which may have some performance problems with this game. Angry Birds 2 version is 2.4.0.

@circlerev
    It is fixed and will be live in update 2.6! :-)

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

@clovos, another level with the slingshot too close to the edge is level 300, boss room. Had a misfire on this one.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 UI related bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.