AB2 getting very slow, tablet gets hot, crashes often

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 getting very slow, tablet gets hot, crashes often

• I am trying to see if this is a software issue or a hardware issue, so I want to see if this is just me, which would point to hardware rather than software.

Every couple of rounds, my tablet (Nvidia Shield K1) gets quite warm, and the play gets suuuuuuuper slow. Often times, after a minute or so of slow play, the whole app just crashes and I am back at my home page. Nvidia support is trying to blame the app, but if thats the case, more people would be having this issue.

Anyone else running into this?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Yes. I play on an iPhone 5s. It gets really hot when playing AB2. And after the last update it crashes often. Both in the arena and in the trail games. It does get sluggish at times. I find closing the app and rebooting the device helps with the sluggishness. Nothing helps with the heat or the crashes. It is also a real drain on the battery. I try to keep it plugged into a charger when playing.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello @wheelhouse !

We have recently discovered that some of our old ways of storing data (scores, spell inventory) have been sub-optimal and it’s going to be much improved in the next update. This will mainly improve the experience for players who amassed a lot of spells or reached very far in the World Map.

While that is a big win for a lot of you guys, it should not make the game crash and we’re still investigating those issues best we can. If anyone of you starts seeing a pattern in when the game crashes or slows down, please tell me and I’ll forward it to our programmers.

Have a nice day!
    /Hank

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Ohh I love hearing about back-end stuff. Interesting the spells weren’t optimized, should just be an integer value correct? I suppose how the client and server side syncs as well could be interesting. I could see the scores taking up more bandwidth or memory than thought as levels increase, interesting to scale it as levels increase. Excited for the update and the new engine update now, hope everything is more streamlined.

desperados
    @desperados

There should be some programming glitches or bugs  for mobile platforms because modern ios,android based hardwares have multiple process cores with high memory and modern graphic processing units,to make them stress fully and get hot with a game like ab2 shows some software flaws…and of course for windows platforms my pc eats the game for breakfast without a sweat also i prefer to play with mouse.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

We can play this on PC? OMG I’ve been missing out.

cognitive
    @cognitive

On my phone at least it’s the GPU that gets hot not the CPU. Rovio could turn off the animated background and unneeded animation and save us some calories, er, joules ?

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

Yes in the options menu I would love an animation on/off toggle for sure.

Jeffrey Parker
    @jeffrey-parker

Where tablet gets hot & crashes try a phone cooler app which reduces temp by turning off other running apps. Works for me.

Sean Lapointe
    @sean-lapointe

Using the iPad Pro 10.5

runs smooth. I’m wondering if you can run this on a mac. Don’t own one but would be coo. Cause no way a computer couldn’t run this flawlessly.

Sean Lapointe
    @sean-lapointe

The game Throwdown the quest for more cards however made by kongregate I believe crashes during games if you speed up the battle. So software issues are prob for a crash. Or the game runs better on different devices. I’d say the device prob gets hot as the graphics on this game are crazy. They like the guy from Jurassic park defiantly spared no expense. Hope you get it figured out.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 getting very slow, tablet gets hot, crashes often

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.