AB Go: performance of purchased karts and Telepods?

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum AB Go: performance of purchased karts and Telepods?

• Having completed the game for free, I’m wondering what I’m missing…

1) Do Telepods come with their own souped-up karts in the game? Do they let you blast through races?

2) Do paid-for karts evolve after maxing out all specs or are those bars you initially get their maximum? (Maxed out birdcoin-karts seem roughly equivalent to the 9 euro options; the 2.69 karts appear to be clunkers.)

3) Do the 45 euro karts provide any in-game benefit? For example, will they guarantee victory in a “vs” race at the hardest setting? With a maxed out freebie I have to mind my line and make collecting coins a distant second priority.

4) And finally, do you get extra coins or gems for racing with Telepods or purchased karts?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • burpie
    @burpie

Ummm… so how about the gem-karts? Do those have any benefits? With another 25 gems I can get the one in Rocky Road. (I don’t look forward to collecting more gems but I could be tempted.)

From what I’ve gathered from other threads regarding my original question:

1) Telepods let you race certain tracks before you unlock them.
    2) Paid for karts don’t evolve and the 2.69 & 9 euro karts aren’t special.
    3) Those 45 euro karts. Anyone?
    4) You don’t get extra gems/ coins for driving a purchased kart.

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Hello @burpie I have all Telepods (12 of them, including TRU exclussive). As I said only advantage they provide is unlocking all chapters before you can open them on regular basis through gameplay.I was able to race over and over in Stunt and earn cca. 300 coins for lost races and 780-850 coins for winning vs, races. Before I even start playing for real I had over 50000 coins that was enough for initial kart upgrades so I was able to max karts stats pretty fast and win all races to recruit all characters.
    1. wining races, completing challenges are up to player’s own skills and telepods wouldn’t blast through races on themselves. They wouldn’t guarantee victory in any case.
    2. Telepods are equal to karts purchased in game, meaning you can either pay for kart in game (and have it permanently) or you can scan telepod in game (and have it until closing application). Bars you can see initially with each kart are their maximum, they wouldn’t evolve any more. As I could notice each single birdcoin kart has it’s equivalent in paid for kart, so I can’t see any REAL advantage of paid karts (or telepods).
    3. I chose 45 euros karts for Seedway, Rocky Road and Air Flight and made mistake and chose Mega Rocket (2 euros) for Stunt. While I am satisfied with their performances I don’t see that they guarantee any advantages comparing to other karts. Winning in the hardest vs. races are still tricky for me, beside I didn’t try it many times to have any relevant opinion.
    4. No extra coins nor gems for racing in purchased karts/telepods.
    Finally,as you have boy maybe you can try some telepods. Boomerang bird that come in special set with launcher is good start. You can add other karts that are sold separately (maybe blue bird’s kart, bomb kart and Matilda’s plane). I gave all my telepods duplicates and construction sets to my 6 y/o nephew and he is very happy with his toys as he can play two ways, on his tablet and physically run his telepods on tracks.

burpie
    @burpie

Thank you for the detailed information, @cosmo2503 !

I’m a little bit surprised that even the expensive karts are not fast enough to breeze through Vs. races. Perhaps their awesome specs will be of use against birdcoin karts in the upcoming multi-player mode.

As for the Telepods, my 5 year old would love them but I’ll pass. He’s not yet outgrown his Thomas the train stuff and he’s also into Lego and Transformers. So we have a ton of that, plus a chest of regular toy cars, planes, dinosaurs, etc. We simply don’t have the money or the space to add a fleet of Telepods! Also, I doubt he’ll ever get bored with the AB Go birdcoin karts. He only gets about half an hour of screen time per day (games or cartoons, his choice).

burpie
    @burpie

Update on the gem-karts: these evolve quite nicely!

I tried the one in Rocky Road for 251 gems, “Card Board (L1)”. After 47,310 birdcoins in upgrades, it ends up as “Big Burner (L4)”. Compared to my maxed out birdcoin kart in Rocky Road, “Punch Box (L4)”, “Big Burner (L4)” has +1 Acceleration and +1 Strength.

For me the marginally better specs weren’t worth the cost and I undid the purchases, but YMMV.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

But how did you get so many gems??!!

burpie
    @burpie

@flying-falcon, do you mean me? You end up with over 300 gems just by completing the game. You can also earn bird-coins and gems by racing some more, after you unlock Chuck.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

Thanks! But on my ipad i am on Chuck round 2 and have 25 gems only…….

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum AB Go: performance of purchased karts and Telepods?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.