AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 346 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I don’t consider Chili that bad actually – if it hits a pig right in the middle of a structure and it explodes it causes heavy damage. Like the Ducks can do heavy damage as well – if you have luck and the structures are tightly placed. On Level 134 Room 4 it helped me for example.
    Blizzard is one I consider useless. And actually Pig Inflator is worse than the Chili in my opinion. Often enough, Inflator did nothing for me but increase the pigs’ size.

Or, if I would put the spells in an order from useful to useless:

1. Mighty Eagle – clears an entire room without further ado, isn’t that cool?
    2. Hot Chilli – makes a randomly chosen pig explode. Can do heavy damage to structures but only if it hits the right pigs.
    3. Pig Inflator – Blows a few random pigs up and heavily increases their size. Can cause structures to collapse but sometimes has no effect at all.
    4. Golden Duck – Makes a lot of ducks fall from the sky which can push structures and pop pigs. Very random and better useable for tightly-placed structures.
    5. Blizzard – Converts (almost) all blocks to ice blocks making them more fragile. Best to use if you have the Blues available. Otherwise pretty much useless.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Chili is pretty effective, though when I’m really in a crunch it has a bad habit of picking the pig on top of a structure, leaving the lower part intact.

My complaint there was simply that we get the same spells every time. They vary the bird feathers we get from the Daily Challenge, so why not the spells?

Yesterday the treasure chest had two additional Duckies in it instead of feathers. I really don’t need this many Duckies.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    Sometimes that happens to me too, but I think it’s the RNG not the game being biased.

Yah that’s true. Inflator and Mighty Eagle are too rare of an encounter.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Yeah, I figure it can’t have been malicious on the developers’ part, but it’s one in a long list of examples of how a streak of random bad luck can turn the game from a fun challenge to fueling your paranoia that the entire universe is somehow stacked against you.

If so much thought was supposedly put into the design of these levels, then I feel like more thought needs to be put into the random events that can happen in these levels. The random events need to be responsive to what turns up in the level so that you have a fighting chance of getting through it. I realize the game can’t predict everything I’m going to fail at ahead of time, but at the very least, if I’m out of birds and you offer me an extra for watching a video, and every structure in that room is made of wood or stone, don’t give me Blues. And if I’m expected to clear each room with an average of 2 birds, maybe don’t put an Umbrella Pig in EVERY. FREAKIN. ROOM.

I will say that I’m quite happy the balloon pig seems to have taken a hiatus from the Gravity Grove levels. Possibly because the changing gravity wouldn’t make sense for him, but in any event, I’m happy to not have to waste birds on that nonsense.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@bankler

When are you going to get someone to fix the bug where you ping-pong around various arena leagues.

Sick of getting bumped around league to league.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Seriously. Last week I went from #8 to #1 overnight. I mean, I’m good but I’m not THAT good. (Far as I know, I don’t play this thing in my sleep.)

Today when I finished the Daily Challenge, the feather rewards (the visible one and the surprise one in the chest) were both 100 feathers for Terence. I was 24 feathers from leveling Terence up, and when counting both sets of feathers, it told me I had leveled Terence up to the same level twice, ending my count at 76 instead of 176 into the new level. When I checked back on the Arena screen, he had 176, so it’s apparently just a glitch in the display.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

I’ve only won ducks or chili in the daily challenges. Most of the feathers have been for the wrong birds and even 100 are not much when you need 1600 for the next level.

The ducks are not that bad, with some luck they clear a whole stage. The chili can be helpful if there is only one unreachable pig left or one of these teleporter/ballon bastards.
    The eagle is the only really helpful spell, but it’s too expensive. I’ve won it often when my destructometer was full, but I never bought it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Any other pig would roll down into their certain death (this is clearly a slope!). This piglet acts like he stickied himself to the block.

Anyone up for a little competition? Whoever can provide the craziest structure that should collapse but is actually super stable gets… a cookie from Yoshi? :P

David Martin
    @david-martin

Corollary: Any structure that looks so unstable that it could topple at any moment will not actually topple until a split second after you release the next bird.

And yeah, those tiny pigs and their sudden inability to roll really get on my nerves. I think when you get to a small enough scale, the game suddenly doesn’t understand circles anymore.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    Actually, I waited for quite a bit and it didn’t topple. I did have to shoot a bird at the TNT box for the structure to finally collapse. It would’ve been 100% stable.

Piglets are despicable for many, maaaaany other reasons. :P

David Martin
    @david-martin

Instead of circular, the piglets should be shaped like middle fingers, because that’s what I believe the game is trying to communicate to me when one inexplicably survives.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    Tried my skill at designing that, unfortunately it appears so small it looks more like a cactus :P
    (Yes it does have a face)

David Martin
    @david-martin

Haha. Thanks man, that was cathartic for me.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Anytime. :P I got a bit into image manipulation and editing, that’s also how I create my avatars. It can be quite the entertaining way to kill time.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

I had some choice words for this structure that the physics totally defy gravity. If the top blocks are leaning to the left, the thing should be going over to the left, especially since the supporting balloon is on the right.

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    This is a structure that has caught my eye already as well. Twice I had it tilt to the left altogether after a few seconds of wait, twice it stayed completely intact. Your problem may be that the bottom part tilts to the right while the top tilts to the left, cancelling out each other. The top would love to go further to the left but the way is blocked by the bottom, and the bottom would love to go further to the right but the way is blocked by the top.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@djlarryt – Usually that structure very slowly tips over to the left if you knock out the bottom blocks exactly as you did, even with the two balloons intact. Something shifted the position of a few of the upper blocks ever so slightly to make it not work, though. Apparently this universe has a higher coefficient of friction or something.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@smwforever45 how about this for a sticky micropig? He’s well outside the beam’s line of gravity but manages to hang on anyway… $&#*^!!@

View post on imgur.com

cognitive
    @cognitive

We don’t call them immortal pigs for nothing :)

Aeshna
    @aeshna

The treasure chests that were (between) every four or five levels have disappeared.

I was stuck on level 513, then 520 for a month in total, only tried a few times a days. Completed 513 by a fluke shot. 520 was more rewarding, made it to boss level with 6 birds. Took all 6 to win though, with no extra video go or gems used.

My point is! Since yesterday I’ve cleared about 15 levels but not one chest on route.

Still getting ping-ponged around arena leagues as well. Great stuff :/

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

I’ve lost a match in the gravity level because of a micropig I only could reach with Bomb’s shockwaves.
    I often won that level but this time that small bastard cost me three birds.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Same here, Nerds. Only I think it cost me four birds, had to cycle through the cards until the game gave me a bird that would reach that little oinker.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Last night I had the “fun” experience of watching a micropig land on the slanted roof of a house, roll up the roof for a little bit, and then not roll back down. What is this, the freakin’ Oregon Vortex?

David Martin
    @david-martin

Found a pretty big bug in the arena today. Sometimes my avatar will flash red, indicating that I’m falling behind, when my opponent’s score up to that point is clearly lower than mine. It seems to be because their score isn’t updating on screen, even though the game is clearly aware that the other player is ahead of me.

This is especially annoying when I’m close to being out of birds. Obviously I’m going to plan my shot a lot more carefully if I know I only need to catch up by a small margin vs. a huge one. This information should not be hidden from the player because it affects their decision-making process.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It’s weird, sometimes I have the feeling my Destructometer fills up super fast, sometimes super slow, while my bird levels stay the same, and this really has an impact on whether I can clear a level or not… I just saw this again on level 224 where I’ve been stuck for a while. I wish for a Destructometer that isn’t subject to any RNG, only to your current bird levels.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.