AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 346 total)
  • Replies
  • cognitive
    @cognitive

The immortal piglets are getting to be a big issue – I encounter one a day at least in my daily Arena bouts…

David Martin
    @david-martin

Even when they’re not immortal, they seem to survive a bit too much of a beating compared to the bigger pigs. Just decreasing the amount of damage they can take a hair would return a lot of levels from “near-impossibly difficult” to “reasonably difficult”, because there wouldn’t be nearly as many “clear the entire level except for one tiny pig remaining from each structure” situations.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Came across a rather amusing bug last night that would have been infuriating if not for the “watch an ad to receive an extra bird” feature.

I was replaying one of the boss levels that require you to knock the boss into the water and then bounce him back out. My last bird was Bomb. I fired Bomb into the water, he came up right under the boss, and denonated. The force was strong enough to launch the boss off the top of the screen, surprisingly enough. The game waited a few seconds, then gave me the “So close!” screen with the option to watch an ad for an extra bird. I did so, and another second or two after my extra bird came up, without me doing anything, I heard the “AIYEEEEE!” sound that a pig sometimes makes when knocked off the screen, and the level was complete.

This tells me that there’s a bug in the game’s ability to detect when things have stopped moving. With other birds, you at least get enough time for moving objects to settle after your last bird has been fired, because it won’t disappear until it has come to a complete stop (though this too seems arbitrary – sometimes the game “poofs” a bird prematurely after it’s done a good amount of ricocheting around the screen but isn’t truly caught in an infinite loop). With Bomb, sometimes the “level failed” screen will come up immediately after he detonates, if he’s the last bird. I think the game needs to make sure everything has truly “settled” in a critical situation like that before calling it a loss.

Related issue: There are sometimes situations where I have more birds left, but I’m waiting for a very precarious leaning structure to finally tumble over, a laser pig to fall asleep, or a balloon bird to potentially crash into something, and it’d be nice if I could “fast-forward” in those circumstances. I guess I’d need a way to turn off fast-forwarding once the desirable situation occurred. It sure would beat staring at my screen for several minutes, wondering if anything is going to happen at all.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

This is a new one to me.

Arena score was 330 a few hours ago. I’ve used no gems for extra goes. Logged back on to play and score is now 430.

Those in 2nd to 5/6th have also increased as I still have a lead of about 100. Those at bottom of diamond league still have 0, so it’s hard to tell how many have been affected.

Just another clitch in the Rovio world!

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@cognitive here’s proof that the micropigs have become harder to kill. In this recent run, as depicted by the screenshot below, I hammered everything in the screen, knocked the piglet off his tower AND to the ground AND my Terrence came to rest ON TOP OF HIM and still didn’t ‘pop’ the fecking thing.

View post on imgur.com

And in this episode (during an Arena match), I obliterated the entire structure, save for a couple pieces of building material…. AND the piglet who very conveniently landed on top of the steam geyser without setting it off (that little bluish dot right beside the geyser head is the green pig). Since I had no Matilda in line, I basically had to burn all my birds because none of them could hit him. @&$#^*! Instant arena fail.

View post on imgur.com

I KNEW those things were ‘tweaked’ within the past two days…. >:-(

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Wow!! I thought that kind of stuff only happened to me. ?? Terence resting on it after total decimation?? Wow. I’ve found the Immortal Pigs to have increased noticeably since the last update. I played my first arena match tonight in a few weeks and 4 out of my opponents last 5 cards were Bomb. Needless to say he beat the brakes off of me and I went back into retirement.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I thought the only time you could draw the same bird twice in a row was when you had used your last bird and either it filled up the damage bar, or you watched an ad for an extra bird, and happened to get the same one you just used. It seems like the game is set up to make sure that when you never have the same bird (or spell) twice among your visible cards. So apparently something’s wrong with the process that “records” arena performances for others to play against?

(That scenario of getting the same bird I just used happens to me quite often, BTW. Especially when my last bird was Blues. Because, y’know, if I couldn’t finish the level with Blues, another Blues is just exactly what I needed. *insert eyeroll emoticon here*)

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I have a Blues magnet that follows me everywhere on AB2. I rarely watch the video at the end of my round for the extra bird but when I do the “randomness” of this game turns very BLUE about 80% of the time-also always against steel-but of course it’s random bad luck. ?

I have more faith in politics being honest than I do my opponents and their scores in AB2. I’ve reached the point where I just laugh at stuff. To quote The Rolling Stones, I’m OUT OF TEARS.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Just logged on to play arena. Found myself in 3rd place which is strange considering I was 5th, 3 hours ago.

Won arena and was awarded 5 stars, look at league and I’m 3rd again, even though a 5 star win wouldn’t have moved me up from 5th.

I only play this game, AB friends and Monster Busters.

I have only had to complain once about the later and I received coins and the game was changed (updated!) the same day to fix the bug.

AB friends has been fairly smooth too, only complained twice….that leaves AB2 in which bugs are virtually a daily occurrence.

Maybe I do moan too much, but as with Monster Busters, if the game plays as it should, you’ll not hear from me!

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Two photos, minutes apart and both show I’m in different leagues.

image.png

image.png

Aeshna
    @aeshna

…..and tonight when I play the arena I find I’m in another two different leagues with different players (no1 in one and no5 in the other).

Come Sunday night with an hour to go I’m going to keeping refreshing until I find a league I’m no.1 in and then let the timer run out!

cognitive
    @cognitive

I’m in the Apathetic League. I play every 3 hours and none of my league mates has more than 7 points. I have 70. Could they just forfeit so I can stop playing for a few days?

I’m doing it for rubies, incidentally :)

David Martin
    @david-martin

The Golden Pig remains a mystery to me. Sometimes when I finish a room without getting the golden pig, I still get credited for it at the very beginning of the next screen. At other times, I don’t. I don’t understand the difference.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@bankler some bugs I’ve noticed which would be nice if they were tweaked:

1) Sometimes when casting two-tap birds (Blues to release clones, Bomb to detonate, Mathilda to drop egg) the bird that jumps into the slingshot gets launched on that second tap for the existing bird. I think this especially happens when something is at the farthest edge of the screen and the current bird is still in play, but the following bird is already sitting in the catapult.

Very aggravating when I scroll back to cast my next bird and it’s sitting on the ground in front of the launchpad (or already offscreen). :(

2) I’ve noticed a few times when Red uses his battle cry, he stops dead in mid-air as if he hit something, and drops down. Eg If he’s just in front of a structure and I set off the shout to ignite a TNT for example within a structure…. Red stops dead in his path and doesn’t even hit the structure. Shouldn’t the body continue to fly and hit what he was aimed at?

3) please tone down the micropigs. I had one get blown to the opposite side of the slingshot yesterday and survive (it should have been blown to kingdom come and not even make it there in the first place). Seeing as we cannot cast birds in the opposite direction on this game, I sat and stared at him for about 30 seconds and then he just popped (I guess the game realized he landed in a no-hit zone. But he shouldn’t have been so durable that made it there in the first place.)

David Martin
    @david-martin

@djlarryt – I’ve definitely seen #1 and #3 in action.

#1 used to happen to me a lot more – I still have that frustration occasionally, but not nearly as often these days. It seems intuitive to me that the next bird should only fire if you specifically swipe and release in the general area of the slingshot, so I don’t know why that bug persists. I have related issues with the birds’ abilities not activating when I tap sometimes, but that might have to do with the sensitivity of my iPhone’s screen and my fat fingers.

#3 is interesting because the balloon pig will magically lose his balloon if he goes too far to the left. So it stands to reason that any pig that somehow makes it to the left of your slingshot should automatically die. (I actually didn’t know for quite a while when I first played AB2 that you could “cancel” a bird simply by dragging the slingshot to the right and then releasing it, which is a huge undocumented gameplay change from the AB series thus far. In general the entire AB series has a lot of “unwritten rules” that I find irksome. You need to tell us this stuff, people. That’s what tutorials are for. Firing a bird and having it magically clear a room without it being clear how that worked does not constitute a “tutorial”. If Red can constantly nag me to buy spells, he should be able to tell me stuff like this in the early levels of the game.)

I’ve never seen #2, though I’ve had other issues with Red’s yell being useless in situations where I’m pretty sure he’s toppled the exact same structure before.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

I’m going to stick this in bugs and glitches, although it probably should be in a new thread, heading, ‘How mean are Rovio?’

When I got to level 40 I was well rewarded with 250 feathers. Spurned on by this, my target was level 50. Last night I hit 50 and this was the reward …..

image.png

Seriously! WTF?
    I know times are hard at Rovio but level 50 is a milestone achievement, and the ‘reward’ is an insult.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@aeshna

Could have been worse — it could have been a Blizzard. *smile*

But I don’t think the reward system has any concept of “milestones”. I’ve gotten 250 feathers for getting to something unremarkable like level 33 and then got a Blizzard at 40. I don’t think it’s anything to take personally. It’s just a “small” treasure (as opposed to the “large” treasure you can buy for 80 gems), and there is a good deal of randomness as to what that entails. It can range from 10, 50, or 250 feathers, a few gems, or a spell card (though I never got a Mighty Eagle from it).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@david-martin I’ve had the random non-activation of birds’ abilities several times as well. It’s mostly Mathilda and Blues, you know, when you have to make that life-saving precision shot and the power won’t activate so the bird just flies into the target and nets you 0 points and a “Buy In” message.

@aeshna
    @sutekh137 I’m pretty sure the award prizes are random, based on a scale. Eg Likelihood of return:
    1% 250 feathers
    2% 200 feathers
    2% 150 feathers
    5% 100 feathers
    10% 50 feathers
    2% Mighty Eagle spell
    8% chili or pig puffer spell
    70% blizzards or duckies spell :p

One day I decided to splurge with my accumulated gems on purchasing 4 treasure boxes in a row. 3 of them were dual blizzard awards and the last one was 50 feathers. Hardly worth the expense >:-( So I got 6 blizzard spells and 50 feathers for 320 gems….

I almost get the impression sometimes that after Rovio’s layoff, the remaining employees are left doing 3x their share of work and are thusly disgruntled. So they are injecting many small annoyances like the ones we see here to passive-agressively sabotage the game on behalf of their lost cohorts and in retaliation of their CEOs.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@sutekh137 – I’m expecting the blizzard as an award for reaching 100 levels. Oh, how I will laugh ;)

@djlarryt
    – a scale! I’d never considered that. It makes sense to me but sense, reason, logic probably aren’t in Rovio’s dictionary.

Disgruntled employees make sense too, again something I hadn’t considered.

My disappointment was compounded as I fooled myself there is a big bonus every tenth level, well that balloon was well and truly burst!

The only thing that’s keeping the game alive for me is the arena. Despite the frustration of finding a player who isn’t playing spell cards. I’m now taking on level 8 bird players as I can’t be bothered to keep logging in and out.

Stuck on 513 and NOT going to pay and DC is a joke.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Aeshna, 513 is a bear, 520 is worse. But hands down, 536 is the most nightmarish level I have ever come across. Good luck.

The DC is a good way to pass the time once levels are cleared and between getting to play the arena. Sometimes I even beat it … sometimes. I think it is a nice addition to the game, but I won’t waste lives on it if all levels are not cleared. The thing I don’t like is that the timer starts when the game is opened, not when the DC is opened. That makes it next to impossible for some people to take the time to play it during the day even if we can sneak a couple of rounds in the arena during the work day.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@captsternn

@aeshna

Um, what is this DC everyone’s talking about? I assume it means “daily content”, “daily challenge”, or “downloadable content”?

Regardless, I am soooo glad I’m not playing any more. *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@CaptSternn – onwards and upwards :) Completed 513 by luck. Last bird was Terence, advert bird was bomb. Blew boss off screen and not 1 gem spent.

@sutekh137
    – DC – daily challenge, another gem sucker.

brcdeer
    @brendac

Just general stuff. The recent release for Bad Pigggies has not gone well for me. It would countdown & wouldn’t be there.

Big Angry Birds fan and I believe I purchased all the games. I did not like Stell or Angry Birds GO. Favorites: Angry Birds1,Rio, Star Wars & Space.

Suggestions for new birds: love birds for Valentines release. A rare exotic bird that is the master of all. Example: the Hoopoe or the Quetezel. To me some of the Quetzels look very angry. Have communities of various birds & the master swoops in to check into their community. He only likes baby birds and makes it tough on others. Time to give one a sound such as “Splat”, “Bam”, “Lashings for you”. The words display as the action occurs.

Okay, I suggest you have versions of Angry Birds that do not include any assistance. I like the challenge of getting the 3 stars myself and do not ever use those. No way would I pay for one.

Also, on occasion it has been disappointing when it appears very much as though an action was made and yet points are not given. Example that comes to mind is in Seasons where there is a haystack & cart. One bird is especially difficult to get which is fine. But even when I was right on him it didn’t take. Have seen a couple of others like that. I was playing one game where you had to use a lot of force for all the birds and a yellow long distance bird would barely do anything.

Last, users like to play & move on. Do not like having to say no thanks then also hit the back button. Two steps when I don’t even want to see it.

Have some more ideas. Will write again later.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Just saw there was a new update so I thought I would check it out. It was a new 3 level adventure to help raise money for an organization- I’m ok with that. I played it- beat it. Went to go get my prize and voila– crash crash crash. That’s why I quit the daily challenges cause it crashes every time I beat it. Best of luck raising money for the sea creatures but it’s time for me to go back into retirement. Good day.

DWhite.

burbman
    @burbman

Has anyone else received gifts from friends since the last update? Curious since I have sent out one or two per day but have not noticed any coming in. (maybe all my friends are still stuck on 513/520 and haven’t run across any)

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.