AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 346 total)
  • Replies
  • Aeshna
    @aeshna

There is currently a major flaw in the game.

It has just taken me 20, yes exactly 20 log-ins to find an opponent in the arena who is playing no spell cards.

Surely this can not be by design Rovio? @hank

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Major flaw of unequal opponents is still there. Took 10 log-ins to find an opponent who was playing no spell cards.

Average is now 15 log-ins to 1 opponent not playing spell cards.

Smells, no sorry, it stinks of forcing players to buy cards just to play on level terms.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

This sux.
    Even if you buy spells you can lose against these clowns. I always end the game by task Manager and start again.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I have not been able to log in at all since yesterday afternoon, it just fills the load bar and stays on the log in screen.

edit: Did a re-install, can play again. It started me back at level 1 but luckily I had connected to facebook so logging back into facebook brought everything back. I knew it had to be there somewhere because all of my Achievements were still there.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Do you guys lose your turn when log out of a match to try to find a new opponent? I lose my turn and my winning streak.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@dwhite40704 – Yes, I lose my arena entry ticket when I cancel a match upon seeing that the opponent looks unbeatable. If you were able to forfeit a match without consequence before, this is probably a bug that Rovio fixed somewhere along the lines. As soon as you agree to enter the arena and see your opponent, that ticket is gone, even if you choose not to fight them.

The real bug here is that Rovio needs to do a better job of pairing up opponents with similar bird levels and/or spells. You don’t choose spells until you see what your opponent used and what sort of level it is, so that part might be a little trickier, but with my birds all at level 7, I shouldn’t be seeing opponents with all 8s and 9s, and all 5 spells. I guess the star levels factor into it as well, but that doesn’t seem to have a direct effect on how much my opponent scores for breaking stuff.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Ok. Thanks for sharing. Some folks stated yesterday that they didn’t lose their ticket when they dropped out of a match to find a new opponent. I have my doubts that star ranking has anything to do with the pairings. I’m 65 star and shouldn’t draw a 7. It’s my experience that the low star/high bird dudes are the cheaters. I guess they could spend about $700 to upgrade their birds but I doubt it. I’ve been thinking lately that the final scores themselves are being used to pair matches on various stages of the winning streak. I’m probably way off with that theory though.

Back when we could back out of matches I was drawing 5 spell opponents over 80% of the time. I’m still right around that mark.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I get opponents with 4 or 5 spells maybe 20% of the time, and 2 or 3 spells maybe another 20%. It’s typically a lost cause to take those guys on, but I try my best anyway because I’ve already spent the ticket. (Sometimes I’ll get lucky and it’ll be a Pig Bay or Gravity Grove challenge and my otherwise formidable opponent won’t really know what they’re doing.) The rest have 0 are 1 spells and are close enough to my own bird levels that it feels like a challenging, but fair fight.

Spending $700 on spells and bird upgrades isn’t cheating, though. It’s a foolish waste of their money in my opinion, and it’s annoying to other players, but it’s within the confines of the game’s rules.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I never said it was cheating or not within the rules. I simply stated that I doubted many people would do it. But I may very well be wrong on that too. Either there are a ton of cheaters or a ton of people who spent major bank to upgrade. My money says it’s the cheaters. There is no convincing me that there are thousands of people joining this game and immediately upgrading to level 12 birds after they have played a week.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I am usually pretty good at Gravity Grove but lately they are not reacting right. The second room, with the rolling platform, I was always able to get it to roll off the edge even using Blue, now blue barely gets it rolling. And others are not falling the way they have always fallen if you hit the sweet spot. I think some structure tinkering has taken place.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@dwhite40704 – I see what you’re saying. It’s doubtful that someone would drop that much money on the game that quickly. (What does it earn them, bragging rights?) So there may be people somehow getting at these extra resources without paying for them or earning them within the game. That’s frustrating and it should be stopped.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@heybert17 – I’ve never noticed that specifically with Blues and/or in Gravity Grove – that particular structure seems no harder to push there than elsewhere.

However, I have a had a lot of issues with Red’s yell/push being completely impotent in certain gravity Grove levels recently. It’s like the gravity boundary somehow neutralizes it if I don’t get the timing exactly right.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Yes, David, there is a way to get a lot of resources without paying for them. I found it by accident and it has been reported to Mr. Bankler. That was a couple of days after the latest update so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the next update to offer a fix.

Edit: There is also a legitimate way to have unending play in the arena, but it only works for people that don’t lose the ticket when they back out of a match.

heybert17
    @heybert17

@david-martin Usually it has been a very easy structure, but the last few times I have gotten it and had a Blue, usually an easy way to get non ice use of him, it has not gotten it moving enough to roll off the edge, very frustrating.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I can feel your frustration, because whenever Blues comes up in my arsenal of cards I usually find myself stressing over how I can get him out of the way without wasting him. If I just leave Blues there and use other birds, I’ll invariably end up with nothing but Blues in a room made purely of stone.

Just to add insult to injury, right after I use Blues, I’ll probably get a Blizzard.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Here’s one I’ve never seen…entered the arena, saw that the opponent was closely matched to me, hit the battle button, began the match. Fired my first bird, got a strike and bird back, got a high score. Opponent score was 0, bird count decreased by one. Fired my second bird, same result as first bird. Opponent score stayed at 0, bird count decreased by one. This went on until opponent exhausted all birds, score remained 0 and I was left with 7 birds to fling resulting in a ridiculous final score. Something like 9+ million to 0. We need more opponents like that. Anyone else ever have that experience? Also, I’m able to back out of a match when I get pitted against someone who has 5 star ranking, 5 spells and birds at levels that aren’t even available yet. Yes, you break any streak you’re running but if you’re going to lose anyway, you’re not giving up anything. At least you have a chance to start another streak.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

Kelshe,
    Do you think you might have encountered a player who is having problems with the game crashing like myself? The game crashes after I select Battle and I have wondered if Rovio is using those “matches” in the arena, with a score of 0. This game is so messed up sometimes!
    -Saphira

kelshe
    @kelshe

That sounds very plausible, Sephira. Your last suggestion to me was spot on. If that’s the case, I feel sorry for those experiencing this problem. I truly appreciate the insightful comments from contributors to this forum.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

That happened in an arena match:
    Damn mini pigs moving in an endless loop,hard to hit by the birds. I lost that match, because of that.

Damn.png

David Martin
    @david-martin

I hate it when that happens. Luckily last time that happened to me, I had a chili spell. It’s the Angry Birds equivalent of that scene from Indiana Jones where he’s confronted by the sword-wielding psycho, and he’s like, “Screw this” and he just shoots the guy.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

With 45 minutes to go of the arena week I logged in to find myself yet again, in another different diamond league. Nothing new there then.

Last week I only played a few times as I wanted to be relegated. I found myself in 14th place, so left the app open.

When I refreshed this morning I have not been relegated.

That is it for me.

Many thanks to those who have helped me and contributed to this forum. Some good people have been sickened by Rovio’s fiddling and mismanagement over the months and given AB2 up as a waste of time and effort. I don’t consider myself a good player but I am sickened by Rovio and how they’ve killed this game.

F*** **F Rovio, just F*** **F.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I totally agree with every word of your comment. It’s absolutely mind boggling how such a fun game can be turned into a pile of sh–. As far as I’m concerned Rovio has brought all of their problems on themselves. Greed or incompetence? Perhaps a bunch of both. They are totally out of touch with what the player wants.

I have total empathy and compassion on the new players to this game. I read their comments on here and I just want to tell them “Run-don’t walk and don’t look back”.

Quitting the arena was by far the best decision I’ve made concerning this game. No longer do I have to deal with the bullcrap. I’m quite grateful for that. There are no words to describe how grateful I am that I no longer watch these incessant, moronic ads. Hallelujah!!

Take care Aeshna. I truly always enjoyed reading your comments and you sharing your experience.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@aeshna

Hey!!!
    I really and truly share your sentiment.
    But for my sake and future others, I will keep on trying…do not know to what end…
    And thanks for all your contributions, liked your rants a lot!!!
    Kind regards.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I am having more and more birds hit something and just explode or disintegrate. I say “something” because I have no idea what it is, there is never anything there. They just explode or disintegrate in mid air.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I was playing earlier today. I had one pig left and used the chili. The chili just took off flying towards the sky. lol. ?? I’ve reached the point where I just laugh.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.