Blast Off – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Blast Off – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 333 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

This is the event where people decided to promote Soundwave instead of Grimlock will really shine.

My only hope is that Rovio decides to throw in multiple missile days.

But even then, a +105% Soundwave paired with a +0% GSG would have a huge advantage.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’ve completed my first four runs, and despite scoring a respectable 13,000 points (incl. bonus) in that stretch, I’m in 8th place in my group.

#s 1 thru 5 are, as expected, all Soundwaves.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has anyone bought Blaster outright and figured out accessories costs yet?

Not that it matters – there’s no way anyone can earn enough tokens for Blaster AND Accessories AND Sparks during this event.

Swing
    @swing

I just scored a 18,000 unicron kill (after 420% bonus)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig

Rosanna 1000 tokens (+10% Explosive Force)
    Sundor 1000 tokens (+10% Damage)
    Stripes 1000 tokens (+20% faster reload)

All legendary class accessories (purple border)..

Aledromo
    @aledromo

Just sparks for me this time. I’ll get Blaster when he’s less expensive/in demand.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’m skipping Blaster for this event and casually playing only for the Sparks.

Rovio has certainly found their cash cow. It takes very little code to create a new character. They then offer it for premium tokens in the initial event and include a bundle for those that have to have it. It seems that the initial event has the new character for 7500 tokens and then 5000 for subsequent events (maybe even after a couple events). It’s getting too difficult to compete against those that are willing to spend a lot of money or are hacking the game.

Asen_77
    @asen

@datguygamer Did you already get it?

Calculation for getting Blaster is:

6 days with 550 tokens – 3300 tokens
    6 days daily rewards – let say 200/300 tokens ( probably will be more, history is showing 40/60 per day )
    6 days if you are at 2/3 place and get 500 tokens – 3000 tokens

Calcultion is that with this situation you will have around 6500 tokens, which means that you will have to spend about 500 gems for Blaster.

If you are lucky enough to get twise 1-st place you can get him without any gems, but as we see what is happaning today, this will be very hard. Not to mention anotneh 3000 tokens for his 3 accessories, and another 2370 for Sparks.

So my question to Rovio is – 7500 for Blaster, 3000 for accessories and 2370 for Sparks – Total: 12870 tokens.

6 days event – possible winning tokens – 6 days first place ( 6000 tokens ) and 6 days 550 per day – 3300 and some from the daily reward 200-300. Total possible earn tokens – 9500 tokens.

So how to get Blaster and his accessories?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer @asen

Thanks guys.

So yeah, Rovio’s definitely “upped their game” in terms of finding ways to extract our hard-earned gems.

I’m still upgrading Dead End, so I’m in no rush to get Blaster at the moment.

I’ll just play enough the next five days to get 550 in the Challenge, and then accept whatever other tokens that I can eke out in the Competition. There’s no point in spending gems on recharges when I’m literally surrounded by Soundwaves. I’ll probably end up coughing up around 1,900 gems on Blaster, then forget about the accessories entirely.

I’ve already spent 1,185 gems on the available sparks. There was no point in waiting since I knew it would be impossible to earn enough tokens to get both Blaster and all of the sparks for free.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Crap, my math is wrong, since the event technically started on the 15th (even though it really started on the 16th for all intents), it’s six day event, not five days.

But even then, there’s literally no way that I can earn 10,500 tokens (enough for Blaster and all three accessories) in that time frame, since the absolute maximum tokens you can earn over the six days is 1,550 x 6 = 9,300.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@millforce2k Can’t argue with that. Not to mention, up until this point, we had bots and gems as purchases but since the introduction of sparks, the game has gone way off to the freemium side.

@asen
    How to get Blaster and his accessories? Answer is gems. They want you to buy gems or wait for the next event where those accessories are offered again.

@optimuspig
    Yes, you cannot get everything with tokens (bot + parts + sparks).

Joel
    @joel687

Well, it has been a grind. I went from 20th place up to third. 1st has a gold crown soundwave and is actually playing, so I have no shot at first. I would be thrilled to get the 500 tokens from 2nd or 3rd

Deszaras
    @deszaras

Sparks have screwed up this game. Im lucky if in what leaderboard I get if there aren’t at least R gold crowned people.

@joel687
    Thanks.

ED209
    @ed209

I have spent no gems yet and 12th with 15k, first has 44k and due to the issue at the start I can’t get nowhere

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@deszaras

From Rovio’s point of view it’s doing exactly what it was intended to do:

1. increase the amount of time we spend playing, either by grinding the Daily Quest to earn the 500 sparks and/or playing the daily Sparkrun.

2. force us to use gems.

So for them, everything’s peachy. It’s just too bad that what’s good for them is 180 degrees opposed to what’s good for us.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@joel687

There are too many gold crown Soundwaves on my board for me to even bother. I’ll be happy if I can stay in the 7-10th place bracket. 4-6th would be a pipe dream.

Joel
    @joel687

100 tokens is at 38,000 points today

Asen_77
    @asen

@optimuspig will be pretty hard even for only Blaster. At this moment I am with 21000 without gems recharde. First is with 58k, second with 48k, next 45k. I don’t think that I will get to 500 tokens today…

Currently 70 tokens are at 24000 points, so probably 100 are at about 36/38k points. I hope to reach them, but probably won’t worthed to spend many gems on reload. If a go for Blaster ( depends on next days ) I will need to spend gems to get him, but I willut some limits for me, something like no more then 500/700 gems to get him. And this will be if I don’t spend a lot on the reload. I will see how the things will go next days. In worst way I will skip him at this moment.

@datguygamer
    I know they want gems, but normal is to have chance to get them without gems, even if you have to be online on the game all day and night, but here we don’t have chance to get him and accessories without gems … This is not a normal situation for me.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

In my opinion it is obvious that this event is not meant to have all characters, accessories and sparks. You have to priorize what you want, the same way it was in many previous events.

I’m really not complaining about this event. I thought that Rovio would left Blaster available only for purchase for at least an year. I will be very happy to spend some gems to get Blaster at the end of the event if I don’t reach the ammount of tokens required for it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@ramonpontes

In terms of fairness, they should make it at least arithmetically possible to get the main TF and its accessories without spending gems.

If you want secondary items like sparks or the secondary TF (in this case Dead End) or whatever random accessories they sometimes throw in, then I’m fine with making people have to spend gems on them.

But at least make it possible in theoretical terms (if not practical terms) to earn sufficient tokens for the main TF and its accessories.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@ramonpontes Don’t push your luck. Blaster sucks at his firepower. Currently my level 4 Blaster struggles to take down wood. Also, he does not have that “surround destruction” that Soundwave has.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Just played as a maxed out Blaster. From my point of view, his advantages are that he one-shot kills practically any pig, has a high rate of fire, and the shots have penetrating abilities. As for disadvantages, there’s just one – Blaster’s shots have zero splash damage.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@mighty-red-1

When you say “maxed out” you mean that you’ve already taken him up to L15?

How many gems did that set you back?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Boss Pig just showed up for me, in case anyone was wondering if he’d be available this event.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@mighty-red-1

If you had to choose to promote one with sparks, would you choose Blaster or Soundwave?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Blast Off – New Event!

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.