A big "ban" is coming

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum A big "ban" is coming

• 1 hour earlier, I chekced the scoreboard of Bootcamp and found rank 1 player was banned.

Then, I checked the season scoreboard and all top 20s are banned. (hadn’t checked the others)

So the Bootcamp could be a trap to those max-out players.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 117 total)
  • Replies
  • kedik22
    @kedik22

Hi Yue,

I play at Shiggy´s clan.

Had an awesome Bootcamp score this morning, 60mm plus.

I do not even have max powers.

Was very excited.

Now I have been banned, with no explanations.

Do not hack, glitch or use two devices!

@hank

You know me, are letting this happen?

Regards,

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Just checked. I see none of the top players banned at all on the “Boot” camp.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Looks like it already happened, Yue. I was staying away from the boot camp for a while, then started playing again. I think that part of the game is over for me.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Rovio did cancel the ban mark in Bootcamp scoreboard later on.
    But who knows those players are still banned or not, right?
    They just made another mistake on banning.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

They do need to crack down more on this, exploits and everything. Though I think they should focus on stopping it in the future, fixing glitches that have been there forever, alerting someone the second they do it, shouldn’t be too hard to detect.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

Yup. They need to fix the exploits by fixing the code, but I don’t envy their task. Using the facebook exploit as an example, how do you tell if someone’s truly exploiting it vs having a bonafide crash or device change necessitating a reinstall?

“Gosh… Rovio’s programming is sooo unstable I have to reinstall the game everyday! No really!”

kedik22
    @kedik22

@yue-zhang

Hi.

Still banned, any advice?

Best regards,

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@kedik22

get used to it or play map only.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Many players I usually see on top 20 are gone. That’s the symptom of banning, right?

edited:

willie birdface come back on scoreboard. when you click in his icon, its name is babe piggums. now the banned mark is gone.

luvfiddling
    @luvfiddling

Yue, were you ever able to return to a clan, and play again, with your original account?

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@luvfiddling

nope. I just create a new fb account and start over….

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

I hope Rovio does catch real cheaters this time. But I’m pretty sure it will be another patchy and inconsistent approach, based on their history!

I do think it’s silly they aren’t advertising this more strongly though – e.g. they could announce that they’re doing a cheater cull to suppress / stop those who are doing or considering it. They could also warn suspects – e.g. choosing sanctions such as deleting all hats, gems and BPs.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

today, many top scorers on MEBC have been removed from leaderboard. As I know, the top 1&2, avc1 and ?? wing are gone. Are they banned?

It is quite clear that players with max power level, registered within 1 year, star level below 100, plus no purchase record, are most likely to take advantage out of game. Way to go, Rovio, ban all your excellent players, who are the best game testers for your company.

Birdy
    @birdythunder

Rovio must try harder to purge cheaters. The presence of cheaters with 644 flock power in clan events is insulting to those who pay real money into the game. This is not funny @hank.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@birdythunder
    are you sure that 644 guy didn’t pay? I would say most likely, but will not say it so “certainly”.

Again, please think it over with more positive mind. If you reached that level, can you score that high? Just divide your score with your current power, then times 644, 665 or whatever power level you want, to see if you can.

When I see the leaderboard’s top player, I always think “my god, it is really an incredible score”, average 15.3M per power……, what a player. Rovio should recruit this guy as test player.

ryan-kochie
    @ryan-kochie

I doubt so many max players have sunk thousands of dollars into the game. There are lots of glitches to abuse. Sure maybe a few have paid and can’t say for certain on an individual scale, but the majority probably just took advantage of glitches and exploited the game. It’s not their score that is the issue, it’s possible with their flock power. It’s them getting to that flock power in the first place.

Nashall
    @nashall

It’s just not 600+ fp players. In the clan battle we’re doing right now there are some with 300+ on the other team that are banned. What I did notice was, the ones that are banned had all blue frames. They had 9 on there team banned

Yue
    @yue-zhang

I know someone did spend thousands in this game and much time to play with…..that’s why I said, not everyone.

By the way, a couple of days ago, I read the news saying one guy had spend 60,000+ USD in a game, just to get ONE specific object. Crazy, right? It’s a true news. So don’t consider all max-outs are cheaters, someone with a fortunate might spend a lot to acquire gems and open legendary chests as many as he/she wants.

For instance 13000 gems cost you 100 usd. 20,000 USD could let you buy enought gems to open legendary chests. Maybe you could get a more generous discout with less than 10,000 USD if contact directly with Rovio. Cheers,

Birdy
    @birdythunder

Hi Yue,

I have no way of knowing if someone with 644 or 665 FP utilized cheating to get there, but “if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck”, LOL.

Do you think that Rovio is doing enough to keep the game honest?

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@birdythunder

of course I don’t think Rovio has done enough. They do setup anti-cheating system but hasn’t fix any glitch, I mean at programming level.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Before he was banned, AVCI fell down from 1st to 3rd. The “Boot” camp is really a trap to high flock powers. Luckily I only have 301 flock power, and without cheats or exploits.

Birdy
    @birdythunder

Apparently extremely high-FP cheaters are now wise to the risk of playing Boot Camp, and therefore stay away (some of them, at least). Rovio should look at clans.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@birdythunder

why bother? just filter power level above 600 and start level below 70,

Is it meanningful fo doing this? or just fix the glitch.
    Rovio just push those really skillful player out and leave those “fair/honest players” with low skill.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@birdythunder

why bother? just filter power level above 600 and start level below 70
    Is it meanningful fo doing this? or just fix the glitch.
    Rovio just push those really skillful player out and leave those “fair/honest players” with low skill.

Photokool
    @photokool

I think that Rovio is likely using Boot Camp as a way to ferret out the obvious cheaters. Yes, there are a few gone from the list now, but just today there were several in the top 100 with max flock power and a star rank in the 20s! There were more in that top 100 with max power and very low star ranks well below 100, too. Not likely done without some type of manipulation. So even if some are gone, more remain.

I think Rovio is hoping other players will use the report function to do their initial dirty work to identify obvious cheaters. I would think they are gathering enough data for the game to do that easily, but it is probably a huge number, so they likely want the reports to narrow down the search.

I’d be curious to know how many players in the game do have max flock power. You would think it would be limited to only a very few long-time players, but we know that is not the case.

Maybe the cheaters will stay away from Boot Camp. It really isn’t a “training” of any type. They should have videos showing technique if they really wanted to help people improve in the game — and then have the day’s event have ways to “practice” those techniques.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum A big "ban" is coming

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.