5X Rainbow Riot

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 5X Rainbow Riot

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 245 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist So now you have 0 shards? I don’t think you should just empty your stash altogether. I always keep at least 5 or 6 shards because who knows what useful Set might pop up for me.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, I basically maxxed out my enchants and zeroed out my shards.

I have Valiant, Lightning, Gladiator, Masamune, BEEP! and Sweet. Those are all top-tier level 52 sets, and well worth the shard investment.

Tell me what you think I should be holding my shards for, if not those sets in hand.

Pointless
    @pointless

Exactly…with the current availability of Sets, why wouldn’t you use any/all Shards to make the best ones even better? I have the same Sets (with the exception of Scissors over Gladiator) fully enchanted and don’t regret it all.

Jim151
    @jim151

I’m saving a handful of shards for when (if) I upgrade Dragonscale. Aside from that, yes, I use them as they become available.

Pointless
    @pointless

I spun the complete Navigator on the latest 5x, and am really unsure what to do. I really like the AoE provided by Bell over my current Rock’s healing, which is really next to useless in Arena, otherwise the Sets are very similar. Thinking I should wait before Enchanting to see where the chips may fall based on the erroneous advertised Set bonus of Navigator. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@pointless – I refer you to my previous post on Bomb’s gear:

Bomb’s Sets, ranked

If you already have more than a handful of shards invested into Scissors, I’d continue with that. Scissors is a generally good set that you can’t go wrong in boosting.

If Scissors and Gladiator are at similar levels, I’d focus on Gladiator for Arena – with TJ and a couple favorable procs you can just outright win against certain opponents.

Finisher is clearly a step down from either of those, as the Set bonus is effectively inconsequential.

Candy is crap and Golden are pure crap.

Pointless
    @pointless

Thanks @graugeist that is exactly my conundrum… I have a fully Enchanted Scissors Set that has served me very well. I wonder if Navigator (nerfed or falsely advertised) would be much better. As I said, I like the added AoE element from Bell, but is it really worth the 110 Shards to bring the Set to a comparable level? I am not having any problems in Arena, so I am not sure it’s worth the investment.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The Scissors / Gladiator debate hinges on Arena vs non-Arena play. I see their power levels as very similar. All else being equal, Gladiator is a little better focused for Arena, and Scissors is generally a little better everywhere else. Much like choosing Mana for defense vs Lightning for attack.

I don’t believe that it would be worth you bumping Gladiator to 10/10 if you already have 10/10 Scissors. Scissors has AOEs and heals and might – it’s an excellent combination. And if it’s not really worth bumping Gladiator, it’s definitely not worth bumping Navigator / Finisher.

Rather, where I already have my Gladiator enchanted, I wouldn’t automatically dump shards into Scissors if I free spun set at 52, even though I think that Scissors is slightly better.

angryde
    @angryde

I finally bit the bullet and spent 45LCs on 3×5+1 spins on the ADVANCED-GPM during the 5xRR. For only the third time since the Rainbow Riot was introduced… and, in 18x spins I received 4xLVL-52 set items/pieces (one dupe). However, I didn’t obtain anything useful… specifically, a LVL-52 Phoenix Egg. Those who have had the misfortune of reading my posts will remember than I’m a ‘Venomous’ guy… so, overly focused on obtaining the ‘optimal Venomous line-up.’ Lol. I know, many of you will think that’s a contradiction in terms! ;-) All I’m missing is that damnable LVL-52 Phoenix Egg (my current is LVL-47) AND a LVL-52-3*-Diamond ‘Resilience’ emblem (my current is a LVL-52-0*-Diamond). So far… I haven’t spent a single LC on enchantment shards. I’ve just recycled dupe set pieces and saved the various (shard) rewards. So, I’ve managed to get everything that matters up to enchantment LVL-4. However, I’m seriously considering the 150LC:50xSHARDS offer…

Pointless
    @pointless

Kind of where I was leaning. Thanks, Grey Ghost… and I meant Gladiator in the above, not Navigator. But you knew that :)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@angryde – With the anti-AOEs and Mana, I can’t see how you succeed with 4/4 Sets feeding Venomous. Your game must be very hard.

@pointless
    – you’re welcome, all good.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist You’re right, of course. I certainly don’t think my experience is ‘as easy’ as it could be… and that’s 100% down to my (bad) choices and (silly) preferences. Anti-AOEs and ‘Mana’ don’t bother me too much… I just cycle the more challenging line-ups through the McCool reset. I don’t lose too often, except to 3xAOE line-ups in the 1400-1500 APR range. But I will confess… it’s getting harder and harder every week, every season. I’ve made it to Diamond every season so far… sans mega-grind. But, as you say, I fear that era may be well and truly over. Lol.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Not that it’s not doable, just that I think it takes you maybe 3x as long to complete objectives, which would be frustrating for me to deal with.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Hey, it’s frustrating for ME to deal with… LOL. It’s a ‘you’ve made your bed now lie in it’ sorta scenario. Drat.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

85 LCs spent (15LCs*4 + 25LCs*1) and 4 set items only: Forest Bounty (new), Doom (upgrade from old level 47), Ballista (upgrade from old level 47) and Valiant Tapestry (duplicate*)

I still need the damn Valiant Head, Diamond Rank, since the Arena AGPM trolled me bugging it out with the rainbow bar fulled when I was in Silver League this season…

Overall, I’m not impressed by the results but it’s not that bad either, I replaced some old items that I’ll never use and got a new one, still, since I used 85 LCs it felt kinda bad. :/

Still waiting for those upgraded Dragon and Lightning Sets…

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Excellent session today.
    I was able to obtain 3 items which I already had but which gave 6 shards each. As well as the new set of Blues.

I thus possess yet all the items lvl 52. I do not have more than to enchant little by little and to hope that next month do not arrive new items … We are 50 there, it is good …

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Still looking for the Mana Bag, Honey Spoon & Rock, so I threw 30 LCs for 12 items. I got 4 duplicate Set Items (which I crushed). I would have done better to buy Shards directly.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

The new Blues set is in already?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@whiteasice Yes, look for it in the Golden Pig set item menu.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Spent 30 LCs on the 5× Rainbow Riot. Got some set items, one of which was the Rigged Dice from the Blues’ new set. The set will be complete next week when I get the False Coin from the Calendar.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

I spent 60 LCs on the rainbow riot and won both of the Blues Cheaters set and some duplicates. I got the dice on the first spin. Condiennce? I don’t think so. I haven’t tried it out much yet.

loynis
    @loynis

I too, got the dice. Rolled twice for 15 LC, also got Scissors, Sweet and Mana mist completed.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

Blew 250lc on it just to realise I didn’t get a duplicate bomb bola on the third round… It was the bola I was missing… So except for blues new set I just got some pieces that let me scrap old 6shard items.

Joe Wolf
    @joe-wolf

I span 48 times and got 1 set item. I also have the diamond piggy bank.

I want my money back.

>:

mich
    @m-ich

I spent 150 LC and rolled about 12-15 set items. Not a bad ratio, but unfortunately, I didn’t get a single new item, and only one of the duplicates was slightly better than the version I already had. At least I got some shards out of scrapping duplicates (especially since I scrapped the old versions of the items, most of which were still worth 6 shards instead 1), but just buying shards would have been a better deal…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 5X Rainbow Riot

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.