5X Rainbow Riot

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 5X Rainbow Riot

• I’ve heard there are or were problems with the 5X rainbow riot. I’m getting that this evening, and have stored up LCs and just got to level 50. I was prepared to spend them all, but not if it is buggy. Does anyone have any info on this?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 245 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I spun a 5x at lv.45 and it worked correctly – I got at least 2 Set Items, including the Ballista I’ve been hunting for a long time.

I’m closing in on 50, and will definitely have it by the time the next 5x rolls around, so I intend to re-gear at that point.

sjmike
    @sjmike

Worked for me as well when I did the 5 + 1 bonus spin just a few days ago. This was on the prior version though. I got two set items. I’m using an iPhone 6.

Jim151
    @jim151

Well, I just spent 150 coins on 60 rolls and got 8 set items, one of which was guaranteed. Don’t know how that compares to average.I got good stuff though, 2 complete useful sets plus I completed Red’s primal set, so not bad I guess.

Putte
    @puttekula

Only get set items when bar is full. Nothing there between. That kinda sucks….

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Good spins today! For 45 LCs (15+3 spins), I spun up 6x lv.52 Set items:

Red
    – Blowing Masamune (NEW!)
    – Primal Spear (was 47)
    – Steel Wall (dupe)

Matty
    – Honey Jar (was 47)
    – Yang (was 47)

Blues
    – the Sling (dupe)

Scrapped all 5 dupes for +6 Shards each, net +30 Shards — nice!

Still missing the other half of Mana and Heavenly, but at least I’ve got the Shards to upgrade them if I ever get them…

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

To be clear, the problem I noticed was *only* for the Arena GPM and even then *only* for any of the 6 new set items. The AGPM machine gave out the 10 older set items with the expected frequency. So if all you wanted was old *arena* set items the AGPM was functioning “normally.” However, if you were looking for a Valiant Head/Banner, it was a waste of LCs.

I only did a couple of spins on the regular GPM, I think I got one set item. But I was focusing mostly on Arena sets, in particular the new ones.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

All I can say is “Random is Random” – Spent 60 LCs on the last 5x and got 6-8 (forget how many exactly) and I got the Reset Set offhand, so next week I’ll be able to have the full Reset Set!

Wish there was a way you could sway which birds set items you would get, like you pick a bird and the GPM would have a higher chance of getting you set items for that bird or something like that.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Haha, being able to pick the bird would be great. Never gonna happen tho… :(

dillo
    @dillo

What I wish is that there’d be a weaker version of the GPM that would take snoutlings (kind of like the GG slot on Fight!) You wouldn’t get set items but could get potions or materials in varying amounts (I know you can purchase some potions with snoutlings and materials with LCs but this would be nicer I think).

Back on topic: I’ve had ridiculously good rolls (once I got 5 set items in a single 15LC turn) and head-scratchingly poor ones on 5xRR (after 75LCs finally got a set piece, had tons of 2- and 3-star non-set items). It truly is the luck of the draw.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@dillo – what level & mastery are you?

At my level (50) & mastery (12), there is really no need for potions or materials at all. And I’m not alone here. Most of us have been done with those kinds of things for several months.

We’re done with the Island. And the Dungeons (which only give worthless Snouts). And the Caves (which give weapons which are strictly inferior to the Set Items we use). Events are all but meaningless, as we’re down to so few classes needing Mastery.

Our End Game content basically consists of Arena battles against similar high level players, and farming Set Items & Shards to support Arena fights.

dillo
    @dillo

I’m the same as you but I take enjoyment in PvE battles and replaying the Caves. Most of my sets are maxed out but some of them are 2-3 away from maximum so I keep playing.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, just checking.

Lately, I’ve been doing a completely pointless side thing to collect all of the completely useless Cave weapons. I’m up to Cave 16.5

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

@graugeist

I did that too at some point, and they managed to make frustrating even that, I don’t know how many times I had to re-do some battles to spin the weapon blueprints or the chests from the cave bosses (because I didn’t want to waste FEs) ok, it was all for the sake of completing everything, still, it was quite a pain.

Anyway, I miss some old PvE action :(

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, I know. Having to re-do a 10-wave battle is pretty annoying.

Also, I threw a 15 LCs at the 3X Rainbow Riot. Nothing good. Oh, well, save for the 5X, maybe that’ll go well.

BirdkeeperCharlie
    @sifat-hossain

Got a new class and so I didn’t have much LC for todays 3X rainbow riot , could only do a roll, but still got the doom set item to complete nightmare. I was looking for it a long time and to get it in 3x and in one roll was awesome. Noe to complete valient set.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

31 spins from 78 LCs today, and I got quite a few duplicates of existing L52 items, but nothing that I didn’t already have. Oh, well. Maybe next month will be better.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

Spent 95 LCs between normal and Arena AGPM, and the only new thing that I got (and I needed badly) was the Valiant Head… too bad for some reason it popped up as Silver ranked instead of Diamond, like everything else I rolled… this patch sure screwed things up. :/

Pointless
    @pointless

“Wasted” 60 LCs on GPM, and FINALLY complete both Banner Breaker and Sonic, either of which definitely has its use in Arena, especially the latter methinks, now that Valiant has been nerfed. Now to Enchant…or at least think about it (still seems a waste to me for Sets so Arena specific, but what other use is there with no new PvE imminent… or ever?)
    And no, Elite Knight doesn’t count, I don’t expect it to be anything but a breeze.

Anonymous

@pointless
    Valiant nerfed?! How?! (Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere that I just haven’t seen yet.)

Anonymous

@pointless
    Never mind, I see it now. Good!

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@ryogokusama,

The AGPM doesn’t give item with rank of max league reached ? :/

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

@grimmjow
    It should, every other items I got while rolling (and in the same group roll of that one) were correctly Diamond rank, that one was the only one left out, I don’t know why.

One of the explanations could be what @gabe-nestor mentioned in the bugs thread:

This has happened to me a couple times too. For some reason, when you have a Full Rainbow Bar in the arena, the set item you get is the same rank as the league you are in not the rank of your Arena GPM. So if you are in silver league and roll with a full Rainbow Bar, even though your GPM is diamond, the set item you get is silver.

I don’t know if its a glitch or on purpose but thats how it seems to work.

If this is the case, it sucks big time to be honest…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Let me add to that information as I’ve been experimenting with the Arena Golden Pig Machine a lot by confirming that it is an intentional design (but I have no idea as to why).

Say you are in Wood League after a season restarts and your Golden Pig is from Diamond League from the previous season. So, whatever normal item you get during your bar is filling up (Jeweled Apple, Pillowed Diamond, Red Pennant etc) is from Diamond league. Whatever SET ITEM you get during your rainbow bar is filling up is from Diamond League too. But, when the rainbow bar is filled up and you roll for that “guaranteed set item”, the Set item will be from Wood League instead. It sucks, yes, but it is what it is.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@datguygamer : Yes, I agree

@all

Excellent session today. I had never made mode riot and I had more than 2.200 LC.
    Today I decided to indulge myself and it was very profitable.
    I used 525 LC, that is 35 tries in 6 items. Here are the results :

– 42 legendary items, of which new 24 (that I did not possess or then at a lower level).

In a more precise way, these 24 new items allowed me to finish my collection. I possess now all the legendary items at the maximum level EXCEPT the only one: “Piercing Claw”.

Has one of you already had it ?
    I do not discourage of the credit note luckily in freeroll.

Otherwise to make little of mathematical, I thus had 42 legendary items on 210 objects ( 35*6 ), that is a 20 % rate.
    What means that without the mode riot, the GPM improved would grant a 4 % rate.

Does it correspond to your statistics ?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@grimmjow I believe the normal Golden Pig Machine is bugged because on my 5X Rainbow Riot today, I used 7mins 50 secs each on the two Golden Pig machines and I got every single Set Item to be repeated in the Arena (tops and flags) and every single bird Set Item in the camp for all birds except Piercing Claw and Piercing Needle for the Blues.

Since the previous version, I’ve never been able to obtain any higher level of these two items. All the Set Items in the game repeats for me but not these two. I don’t think it’s a matter of randomness at all when every single other Set Item is repeated for me.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 5X Rainbow Riot

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 245 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.