513- they finally went to far

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum 513- they finally went to far

• Hilarious. They coded it so you can’t even get to the last stage of 513 until about the tenth time you try. Enough. Quit trying to make us spend money. Time to find new game

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Replies
  • Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’ve been stuck on hell highway 513 for quite a while now. I’ve yet to even make it to the lard butt Boss yet. I’ve concluded that it will take a miracle straight from the throne room of Heaven for me to complete this level. Times like these are when I need an ABA Meeting. ANGRY BIRDS ANONYMOUS is a 12 step group for people suffering from Angrybirdism.

My name is DWhite and I’m an Angrybirdaholic. Level 513 is my rock bottom and I need help.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

513 is too hard. I gave it about 40 tries before admitting I couldn’t finish it without extra birds and spent 60 gems on three extras (first time I had to do that). Still no reason to spend money though, I’ve received thousands of gems from quests and have plenty to spare for other insanely hard levels that will no doubt be thrown at us later.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Is that the one where you knock the boss into a portal that’s on a sloped wall, then due to the gravity well between the two portals he just gets caught in a loop and you have to hope you can hit him in midair? I was stuck there for a while, too. I honestly can’t remember how I solved it – just got lucky and he bounced in an unexpected direction, I guess. It’s a shame, because a lot of the boss levels could be interesting and entertaining puzzles to solve, but the rooms leading up to them are pure highway robbery, so that when you finally get there, you have maybe one or two birds to fling and just hope you get lucky.

I should point out that I have AMAZING aiming skills when it comes to moving targets. Not so much the big fat bosses, unfortunately. But if the first bird I fire causes some debris to bounce around, and there’s still some random tiny piece of it in midair somewhere that I don’t even notice, rest assured that I will hit it with my second bird. Unless it’s Terence, of course. Which you’d think would be the easiest bird to hit a tiny moving target with, but I digress.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

You got it David.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Level 513 has officially destroyed my serenity. Serenity now!!

Nsu
    @nsar

I havent even managed to get to 513 yet. In retrospect, they do this to all the AB games, they are fun for a long time, then they get ‘creative’and the levels get too hard or not worth the effort. I quit AB Space when they did the thing where you had to do 3 missions just to play a level – I just want to play and de-stress, having to work for it ruins the fun for me.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

It took me two days just get to the final room of 513. I’m now on 520 and I’d say it’s nigh on impossible without using gems (haven’t done so yet). I don’t mind a challenge, I don’t mind difficult but when the odds are so stacked against me, I do mind unfair. Think my love affair with AB is coming to an end – what was once a game of skill is now a game of chance.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

Thanks for the input. I’ve shown the feedback regarding this level to our level designers.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Just wait until you get to 520. I was just about pulling my hair out being stuck on it for a few days.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@captsternn – Agreed; 520 was a B and a half. I fear it’s only going to get worse as new levels are released.

I generally enjoy the puzzle-solving aspect of the boss levels, so the issue isn’t so much that the bosses themselves are tricky to defeat; it’s the soul-sucking slog required to get there and have enough birds left to do anything even remotely useful. So many bosses are set up in such a way that if you don’t have three or four birds to properly clear obstacles or to bounce the boss from point A to B to C and then off the screen, you don’t stand a chance. In those cases, I ask: Do we really need four full reiterations of earlier screens, with spells disabled, preceding the boss fight?

That brings to mind a related question: Why does the number of birds given at the beginning of a level not seem to vary when the number of rooms in a level does? This would perhaps make sense to me if the 4-room levels were consistently tougher and had more of the rooms where you almost always need 3 birds to clear them. In a 6-room level, those are downright cruel when several of that variety are strung together. I’m fine with the somewhat random nature of the levels being generated, but shouldn’t the player’s arsenal of birds be adjusted to accommodate that? It would be nice if I was given X birds per room as a baseline (maybe one or two fewer for the longer levels since I’ll earn more as I fill up the damage bar), rather than a fixed number per level. I may not be fully understanding the existing algorithm, but since my struggles most frequently seem to depend on the sheer number of rooms in a level, that’s the impression the game has given me.

LSALT007
    @lsalt007

I don’t think that level 513 was coded to make you try it at least 10 times before getting to the final stage because I beat this level in 3-4 plays!! LOL!! Sorry but it wasn’t that hard, just wait till u see the ‘Daily Chalenges’ if you want hard!! Last ‘Boss’ level has 6 rooms and if you die, you start over from the beginning..
    Now as for level 513, once you get to the boss you will need to be able to hit a moving target at the right angle in order to push the boss pig into the ‘pit’ and he falls off the screen and you win.. Once he goes into the pink portal tube he will keep going around and around on a continuous loop. Once he is at the 1 o’clock position if you have a grey bird left (preferred but you can make due with whatever bird you have left) launch him so that when the intersect the boss is at the 11 pollock position and grey is directly below the boss then press the screen activating ‘Greys’ move and then the boss goes down the hole to the left and you win, easy….

Level 520 however you will need to get to the boss with at least 2-3 birds so that when the Boss has fallen into his little ‘cubby hole’ you can just blast him with your remaining birds (try to save a bomb bird, it will help u the most when boss pig is in his ‘cubby hole’)….

As for me, I REFUSE to spend money on the regular levels or to even buy the extra birds for 60gems if I didn’t beat a level the first few tries. I have beatten and 3 stared all 520 levels without once having to buy 3 extra birds! I did used to spend $ on the arena before Rovio DOUBLED the price and uses these tickets now, which if they were smart they would have keep it the same 12 gems per arena entry because that was more of an impulsive thing to spend 12gems per entry but now it adds an extra step to make one think before buying as well as the fact that they are DOUBLE the old price!! So I went from spending $15-$20 a week to ZERO and I will not spend another dollar until they fix it!! If everyone fallows suit then their profit margin will speak the loudest and the IDIOTS that increased the price of the arena should be fired when the see the profit lose! I LOVE this game but Rovio has almost RUINED it with its $ grubbing!

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

Level 513? Geez, that sounds crazy.

I struggle enough and I’m only at level 242.

I’m not in agreement with players calling some levels ‘easy’ though as you never know when you might get lucky and be able to complete a level without too much trouble when you might already have been trying it dozens of times in frustration.

Out of interest, I’d love to see a screenshot or video of these higher levels!

David Martin
    @david-martin

@stevey – I’ve definitely had the experience of a level seeming easy the first time through, only to becoming an exercise in pulling teeth on later attempts. “Easy” may also be a relative term compared to how hard the game gets later on. I don’t think college was easy, but it probably would have seemed easy by comparison if I had gone on to grad school!

Another thought is that we might have had our birds leveled up to different degrees when we first reached a level. I’d imagine a new player just starting out now, who didn’t have to wait for the release of new level sets and who wasn’t playing the Arena in the meantime, would have a harder time finishing some levels with lower-level birds. Whether just playing through the levels should get your birds up to a significant enough experience level to make things reasonably challenging, but not painfully so, or whether you should have to go back and “level grind”, or play the Arena a lot, or bribe your way to victory with real-world cash, is up for debate. (I’m not a huge fan of any of the latter options, though I do enjoy replaying the levels and the Arena just for the better understanding of the game I usually get out of it.)

Angryplayer
    @mwilkers

They are setting it in the coding something like its beatable one out of 15 times. The one is random, so if you happen to get past it quickly, you got lucky and got the ” 1 time” earlier then others. It’s pretty easy to tell when you are playing. You know those times where the big red bird just stops in its tracks even though there’s no stone, but other times it will go through stone. You can tell pretty early on in stages if you got the version they will let you beat

David Martin
    @david-martin

@mwilkers – I’m not sure it was that simple or that deliberately malicious on Rovio’s part. I think the more likely explanation is that they didn’t fully realize the high likelihood of the procedural level generation creating unwinnable scenarios for the player, and some bugs in the physics engine that cause birds to do unexpected and ineffective things that differ from the player’s expectations (like bouncing off harmlessly in situations where you’ve seen in the past that the bird goes right through or at least penetrates a structure far enough to collapse it). I just chalk it up to a lack of thorough playtesting. That might be an argument in favor not rushing these new levels out the door so quickly.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

They are setting it in the coding something like its beatable one out of 15 times.

While I don’t play AB2 I’d put that in the “conspiracy theory” category, no offence but none of us has proof for that.
    I do know the feeling – but it’s not new to AB2, it happened to me in the original game. Chuck wouldn’t always work the way I wanted him to, sometimes he went through a lot of wood blocks, sometimes through less. I guess it’s about angles, timing and possibly luck, too. I don’t think any game company would code something into their games to purposedly make the player get only a 1 in 15 chance to win. Not even Rovio.

burbman
    @burbman

@stevey – There are walkthroughs here in the nest up through level 520 I believe. Not that you would get the same draw or structures necessarily, but at least it proves the levels to be possible.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@stevey @burbman — I don’t know that a video made by @mighty-red-1 showing how to beat the boss level constitutes an existence proof that a level can be beaten by a mere mortal. : D

David Martin
    @david-martin

I’m a mere mortal, but I can’t really take much credit for beating it since it was more like, “Oh hey, finally got enough birds to brute force my way through this thing”. Unless you want to give me the credit for sheer tenacity, I guess.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Hmmmmm, just hit the brick wall called level 513. WTF.

Seriously @bankler – I appreciate it, that you showed the level developers the previous feedback. It would appear when they stopped laughing, they’ve ignored it.

David Martin
    @david-martin

For what it’s worth, levels 521-540 didn’t seem to be nearly as hard as some of the worst offenders in 501-520, so maybe they adjusted those based on our feedback from the first 20? That’s just my own experience – there were no “brick walls” where I was stuck for a long while like I was on 503, 506, 513, and 520. Some genuinely challenging and even mildly frustrating levels, but none seemed ridiculously hard. Maybe I’ve just gotten the hang of Gravity Grove.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@aeshna No, we do not ignore your feedback. The levels will be adjusted. We intentionally put really challenging levels in there, but when the most dedicated Nest players cannot complete a level, it is too hard. As it requires a client update to change a level, it will take some time before the changes are in the game.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Speak for yourself, Mr. Martin. I am having a bear of a time with these new levels. I am not even bothering with the daily challenge. Using my lives to work on getting through these levels. But then I have dealt with this before when I get stuck on a level for a few days until one day I just breeze through it, then the next few fall like dominoes until I get to another level where I get stuck for a few days.

Not complaining, though (BB or micro immortal pigs do get frustrating). It makes it all the more satisfying when I finally crack the level. And with the levels, when beat, they stay beat, unlike the daily challenge where I can use up all my lives and get nothing out of it.

Mr. Bankler, any word on maybe changing the timer of the daily challenge? I can sneak in a few rounds of the arena during my work day but can’t spend the time trying to beat the daily challenge, which I do play when I have cleared all the levels. I would play it in the evening once I clear the regular levels. Love the rewards when I get through it. But by the time I get home it has already expired or very close to it. The timer should only start when the daily challenge is opened, or when it gets to eight hours of it expiring. Thanks for paying attention to the comments.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@captsternn – Speaking for myself is all I can ever do, I suppose. Your experience of breezing through several levels then getting stuck on one for a long while is normally what playing through new levels is like for me, though.

The Daily Challenge has been interesting. My first few attempts at it on Thursday and Friday were super-frustrating but I did eventually get through. Interestingly, Saturday’s had one of my all-time least favorite bosses, where you have to knock him into the water and then back out again, yet I beat that challenge on the first try. I suppose it’s at least good these these are all puzzles we’ve seen before (though I wonder if you haven’t reached those levels in the game yet, would you still see them in the challenges?)

I agree about changing how the timer works. I didn’t even get the chance to attempt yesterday’s challenge because I was out all day, and on normal work days I’ll probably get home with maybe 1-2 hours left, and I’m supposed to be spending that time actually being social. I think it should be 8 hours from your first attempt, rather than from a fixed point in time for everyone. If a new challenge is released and you haven’t beaten the old one yet, I suppose you should have the option to forfeit yesterday’s and try today’s, or keep plugging away at yesterday’s until your 8 hours are up.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I did some experiments with the daily challenge time thing, Mr. Martin. I am in the Central Daylight Savings time zone and the daily challenge, along with the ability to earn gems by playing the arena, popping pigs and collecting some stars, begins at 5AM for me. I opened the game right after that and looked at the DC, timer started. Then I just opened the game and played the arena, but didn’t open the DC, timer started. I left the game closed until later in the morning and the timer didn’t start until I actually opened the game. Next test will be to see if leaving the game open will start the timer even if I don’t look at the game (iPhone, exiting the program doesn’t actually close it). It should expire and a new one start at the usual time since it is a daily challenge, imo.

I am glad they put it in. I enjoy the game and have fun with it even though it does get frustrating and I spend way too much time playing it. I have reached those levels. I am currently stuck on 526. What I haven’t managed is to get these high level birds. All mine are at level five, but I am close to getting some to level six.

The arena keeps matching me up with people that have all level six, some level seven, and five spells. This forum taught me one valuable lesson, refuse the battle, exit and close the program, wait a few minutes and try again. I almost always win if I get a person with all level five birds, and I make a person with several level six birds work for it.

So many people complain, but I have way too much fun. I am an old man and this is the most fun I have had with a game since MechWarrior 3 and 4. I was about 35 when those came out, so I am showing my age. ;)

David Martin
    @david-martin

I’m in the Pacific time zone; it would appear mine starts later than 5 AM local time, so perhaps maybe it is pinned to when you first open the game that day.

I guess I’ll have to eat my words about the Daily Challenge bosses always being bosses we’ve seen before, as today’s didn’t look familiar. My gut reaction to part 3 of today’s challenge was “A six-room level with a boss at the end? Oh HELL no!” But strangely enough, I got it on the first try again. Mostly because the boss was one of those where once you get him bouncing, as long as you have a bird left unfired, you can just let him bounce around indefinitely and incrementally hurt himself by glancing off of walls until he dies.

The Arena has been wildly inconsistent for me lately. I managed my first gold medal last week, now this week I’m lucky if I can get any stars at all. Aside from the spells I earn in Daily Challenges, I’m not going to bother wasting extra resources on it.

I just leveled two of my birds up to level 6 today after being stuck at 5 for a very long time. I’ve been regularly getting Arena opponents who have all 6’s, but I have yet to see any 7’s.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum 513- they finally went to far

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.