3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 277 total)
  • Replies
  • louie
    @louieamora

i agree. impossible to 3 star at its current setting.

louie
    @louieamora

based on the leaderboard, 2 guys have 3-starred 767.. wonder how they did it..

trishohara
    @trishohara

Have you tried 767 with a couple of Fireballs @louieamora?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 @louieamora @trishohara
    BIG NEWS: Level 767 has an achievable 3-star threshold of about 100K points in the Facebook version of the game. However, that one star will not count in the Google Play and Game Center leaderboards. The threshold will likely be tweaked on iOS and Android in the upcoming update.

louie
    @louieamora

@trishohara i made all 3 bees pink then went fireball all the way on the electric fruit… i did this method twice… 170k is all i got both times… 2.5 stars… wasted 7 fireballs… thank rovio for the daily tasks.. im assuming you’re one of the 2 ppl who 3-starred it?

trishohara
    @trishohara

@louieamora No, I haven’t three-starred it. I only have played it once (yet), got 2 stars, but thought with all the electric fruits – maybe fireballs would help. But before I waste a lot of them, I thought, I better ask here if that helps.

louie
    @louieamora

@trishohara i had hoped you were 1 of the 2.. couldve ask for some tips.. well, power ups doesn’t work.. the level needs to be tweaked.. hopefully on the next update

louie
    @louieamora

the game has been updated.. but the level 767 remains the same..

louie
    @louieamora

any1 with a good tip for 767?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@louieamora Like I said in my last comment, play that level on Facebook on your PC and you’ll get that one star.

trishohara
    @trishohara

They must have changed something this afternoon. I suddenly was able to three star a lot of levels which I tried 1000 times before. Like 304, 307, 323, 403 and others. The three star score sometimes did not say “new highscore”, so I guess, something is changed.

trishohara
    @trishohara

It seems it is now impossible to get NOT 3 stars when you beat the level.

Bp
    @bp101697

Yeah. Now we can earn 3 stars easily in many levels due to redesigning of many levels. We cannot find walkthroughs for thos game version since most levels are changed.

trishohara
    @trishohara

So it works for you too, @bp101697? I contacted Rovio yesterday, asking if they changed something, but they said ‘no’.
    So I already feared that I might have a corrupt game on my iPad.
    It does work till Level 799. At least in version 2.16 (the one before yesterday’s update)

trishohara
    @trishohara

@mighty-red-1 Do you have any advice how to 3-star levels 807, 812, 816, 821 and 823? I’ve seen in Game Center that you have all 2535 stars, so somehow you must have managed it to 3 star them :-)

epicbird
    @filipersr

Anyone got a Golden Feather on Level 581 ? It’s impossible on mobile.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@filipersr

I can’t get that one too. The threshold is set WAY too high. It’s also seems impossible getting a feather for level 40

Jon S
    @jon3800

I just finished clearing POP’s latest shipwreck levels (886-905).

Be advised that level 890 has the same annoying issue as level 767. On the current update, its Impossible to 3 star on Iphone/Ipad devices but easily obtainable on the Facebook version. Especially hard with the treat bubbles being there and the bees awarding no points when balancing the popped treats.

On my iphone.. I scored 140k points and it was close but no cigar to 3-starring it. Seems around 150k but there’s no way to get to it.

On Facebook: 3-star threshold is 90,000pts. MUCH easier.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 I know, right? Levels are 3-starrable much easier on the Facebook counterpart of the game.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Has anyone tried to 3-star level 927? Can’t seem to get over 118k, and that’s on the Facebook version. As of now my Ipad/iphone is still stuck on the 906-925 levels

KRidger
    @garth-christie

As some people mentioned 5 weeks earlier, I just got the update that makes me pretty sure Rovio tweaked the star points downwards a lot for version 2.20.0 for Android.

It took me 8 months to 3-star the first 500 levels, but Levels 501-550 just took me 4 days with an average of about 1.5 tries per level. I don’t know if I won a level without 3-starring it since this update, although I still try to use my high-point techniques. I’m finding the same thing past 550 too.

In the last month, my wife won some of these levels for the first time and she has some high scores higher than mine, but for some of those she only received 2 stars for her efforts on her iPhone.

I was surprised Rovio tweaked the gameplay a few updates ago (mostly in that it is now much harder to stick a bubble to the side of another bubble when shooting at a steep angle). I’m now also surprised at this 3-star points tweak being so severe. I wonder if they have also adjusted the Gold Feather points similarly. We’ll see when the next special character comes out.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

My wife just updated the App too, but on her iPhone. We both just tried level 580. She was given 35 bubbles and a 3 star threshold around 80,000. On my Android, I was given 23 bubbles and a 3 star threshold of around 24,000. Any ideas???

(Update: with the Olympigs update, my wife’s iPhone now gives her only 23 bubbles on level 580 and the same easier 3-star threshold)

(Another Update, Aug 29, 2016: version 2.22.2 has level 580 with 23 bubbles, 3-star threshold around 36,000 and gold feather one around 49,000)

I am, however, happy to find that many of the levels after 550 are more difficult than my experience with 500-550.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

I just tried Luca Special Character with AB Pop version 2.21.2 (Olympigs) for Android. Presumably all Gold Feather points total for the first 800 +/- levels have been reduced just like the 3-star points were (for Facebook and Android anyway). My wife found the same Gold Feather ease with this Olympigs update on her iPhone, including 30,000 for level 40 as noted below.

Today I hit the Gold Feather around 30,000 pts (actual score 80,855), while my best attempts with dozens of tries and many “Special Characters” in the past resulted in 110,845 pts and did NOT give me a Gold Feather. In my recollection, I had estimated 140,000 points would have been necessary for a Gold Feather.

(Aug 12 Update)
    It appears that Rovio has essentially eliminated the purpose of this forum discussion topic for the first 700 levels. I have won roughly 350 different levels since the updated points and I always get 3-Stars and I get a Gold Feather more than 95% of the time that I win. Only tricks needed usually keeping 3 bees, preferably orange or pink, and dropping lots of bubbles for them to get points with, plus I try to practice patience in waiting for them to finish getting me points before dropping more.
    (Aug 29 Update)
    I think many of the levels were adjusted slightly more difficult for 3-star and gold feather with version 2.22.2, but not by a lot.
    (Sept 14) 767 is still essentially impossible to 3-star/GF. GF on 806 has temporarily stumped me too.

I do use 1 or 2 booster bubbles sometimes because the number of bubbles was reduced for some levels so many of the levels are still quite difficult to win. I am use the booster bubbles to help me collect Gold Feathers quickly (while the Special Character are around) but I almost never use them normally except for “Retry with a free boost”.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Well just got this new update, NOT happy what I’m seeing.

– The facebook version is closing down, does NOT include the Hamlock Holmes pack :(
    – Stella’s flock that was supposed to be the spinoff of AB Stella have been literally wiped out of the game. Gone are Willow, Poppy and Gale. They’ve been replaced by Matilda, Bomb and King Pig respectably. Powerups still remain the same. I’ll bet blues will come in and replace Stella. Sad
    – Rovio is back recycling levels again, most of 1105-1125 I’ve seen before. Remember that impossible to 3-star 767? Well It’s back as level 1119 and still impossible to 3-star

@mighty-red-1
    I contacted Rovio support to see if that level can be adjusted.

childoftheworld
    @childoftheworld

I’ll try this on my PC. So far bought a lot of coins, over $200 worth and tried different tactics, still @ most 2 stars… On one YouTube video, I saw someone get 3 stars and a feather with ‘The Hatchlings’ ….

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 151 through 175 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.