3 Star Maelstrom?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 3 Star Maelstrom?

• Is it possible to 3 star the Maelstrom? I read all the comments on the walkthrough and tried everything and can’t get 3 stars. I tried lots of veggie cakes and have blues stun him every turn. No dice. I tried spies, avenger, and mage, putting all passive defenses on blues. Finished with no damage and still 2 stars. According to the discussion, it takes 45,000 points to get 3 stars. With all three undamaged I get only 37,500. Anyone have any insight?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Replies
  • Jim151
    @jim151

OK, I just completed the level using no potions and all my birds at full health at the end. Still 37,500 and 2 stars. I don’t see how it’s possible.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I forgot how I did it. I think I used Bard with Nightmare, Samurai with Grand Slam and either Wizard or Lightning Bird. You should also consider using the Mage’s Shock Shield, with either Princess or the Rogue’s Cupcake Trap to make sure it only attacks the character with the Shock Shield enabled. Using the Wizard’s Energize will quickly refill your rage chili and stun often, but Shock Shield will do 2000+ damage each round.

If you don’t have Sea Dog and don’t mind using a lot of chili and heal potions, then Samurai, Marksmen and either Wizard or Lightning Bird will definitely 3 star the level. Just remember to attack with the Marksmen first and use Chuck’s Speed of Light attack.

Jim151
    @jim151

There was a post on the walkthrough thread which said use avenger, mage, and spies. Keep spies loaded with the passive help and attack when possible. I did that, finished with full health, and got only 37,500.

Is the key to kill it as soon as possible and suffer the least damage? cause I did that too, using a boatload of veggie cakes to keep it permanently stunned with blues. Still got only 37,500 and 2 stars.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The faster you kill it the higher your score. You should also make sure all your birds are at full health so you get the full 30,000 points from them.

I don’t understand the choice of Avenger, Mage and Spies. That group makes little sense. The Avenger has to be hurt to do more damage, but you want him at full health at the end. Spies are great if you are attacking multiple targets and do quite a bit of damage with the Remote Control set, but Maelstrom is a single enemy. Mage for shock shield only makes sense if you can force the Maelstrom to attack a specific bird.

You need to maximize the amount of damage you do to finish the Maelstrom off as quickly as possible. The best characters for maximizing your damage are Chuck, Marksmen with either Cannoneer or Samurai or use the Sea Dog with something like Paladin or Samurai and Chuck.

Jim151
    @jim151

The point of avenger is to force an attack on blues and protect at the same time. Make sure blues always has glee and shock shield as well. It works, you don’t need to use any potions except maybe one healing at the end before finishing off the enemy. Takes a while though.

There must be a bug or something that makes it impossible now. I decided brute force was the way and loaded up on as much firepower as possible and was willing to spend a bunch of burning veggie cake. Level 7 bard with nightmare, level 5 berserker with nothing special, and level 5 tricksters with ballista and remote control. I used the rage chili with blues whenever bard didn’t stun the enemy. Finished him off in 14 turns (nearly 3,000 damage per turn), making sure to attack with berserker before using full chili. No damage to me, and got 37,5000 and 2 stars. Used 10 slices of cake. I have a golden chili, Bard got 2 stuns, and the last round didn’t need one. I can’t finish him off any quicker than that.

I can’t believe one has to inflict more than 3,000 damage per turn to get 3 stars. That’s impossible for all but the highest value of set items.

Jim151
    @jim151

I did get some Mighty Eagle’s favorite dish from the last update. Would that do the trick? Not that I want to waste it.

Oh, and by level 7 and level 5 above, I of course meant mastery level. All my birds are level 33.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

As mentioned above you have to kill Asap. Try samurai thunderbird and cannoneer plus some veggie cake. I Managed to get 3 stars. My birds are level 33 and at the time masters.

burbman
    @burbman

I just went through and took detailed notes. Heading to walkthrough page to post.

Jim151
    @jim151

Did you kill it in fewer than 14 rounds? Because with that setup, I don’t see how. I had bard dealing 738 + the 200 bonus from nightmare every turn. I had berserk dealing 780 or 1038 if it was a critical strike, and blues doing 1285 with the egg surprise. A couple turns bard got a stun and then I didn’t use a cake, so berserk got ~500 and blues 643. I might have gotten it done in 13 if I used a cake when bard got a stun, but like I said, if the game is designed to require more than 3,000 per turn average damage, that’s just ridiculous.

burbman
    @burbman

Eight rounds

Jim151
    @jim151

My reply was to the guy who used samuri, cannoneer, and thunderbird.

Anyway, I read your post and I have to say there’s probably fewer than 1 in 10,000 players who have the setup you do. It’s a bit ridiculous to require that, plus a bunch or potions, plus watching the video for 3 stars.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you use Samurai, Marksmen, and Wizard you can easily do 5000+ damage per round. That is what I use when fighting the Golden Pig since I don’t have the Sea Dog and I do 6000-6800 damage in the first round so I can kill the golden pig in one round many times. I own both the grand slam and protector’s aura sets, but I break them up so I can do more damage with my Samurai. For the Marksmen I use the Remote Control set. For my Wizard I don’t have a complete set, but I use Chronos as the weapon.

I 3 starred Maelstrom when my only complete sets were grand slam and nightmare and I think I did it when the max level was 29.

burbman
    @burbman

@jim151 – I will see what I can come up with tonight using my son’s lineup which is much less powerful than mine. For the record, I just completed the level in four rounds. This might keep me occupied until we get the next event! ;)

Jim151
    @jim151

Thanks for the replies. Clearly I’m out of my league here. I’ve got dragon’s breath and nightmare sets, a few other odds and ends, but not what it takes apparently to three star this level. I was passing time between events trying to get three stars on every level, but I’ll have to let this one go for now.

Reading the comments on the walkthrough page made it seem like you just had to find the right combination of birds, but clearly that isn’t the whole story, at least not anymore.

bouboule
    @bouboule

Here is a technique that works without any consumable (but using one potion on Red at the end may be useful):
    Paladin, Archmage, Rogues
    The Paladin protects himself and attacks the 2 other turns
    The Rogues use the trap on Red so that the enemy targets him all the time, that will also neuter its healing ability.
    The Archmage uses the lightning shield on Red, as the ghost hits 5 times, he’s gonna take a bunch of damage.
    Red heals himself by attacking, but he’ll progressively lose a bit of health, when the rage chili is full, use it on Chuck to do plenty of damage and heal Red completely.
    Be sure to use items increasing your attack on the Mage and the Rogues, also try to use weapons with critical strike.
    With the 3 classes at elite level (so level 5 now) and level 33 set items on my birds, I got 46k points

wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

I recently get three stars using samurai, marksmen, and wizard. Samurai using grand slam set, marksmen using robot set, wizard with phienix set. My strategy is just keep attacking and using wizard rage. Only one potion used and all of my birds is level 5 mastery. Scores 45000.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

The strategy for 3-starring Maelstrom (without potions) is Paladin, Lightning Bird and Sea Dog, though you need them to be Masters (or level 7 as of now), they need to have high level sets, specifically, Protector’s Aura (Steel Wall + Steel Force), Twin Lightning (Lightning Tome + Living Lightning) and Scissors (Rock + Paper), and your bird level has to be as high as possible.

Moves: Sea Dog’s Gang Up on Paladin, Lightning Bird’s Lightning Fast on Paladin.

AngryAldoz
    @aldoz

Easiest way to defeat Poseidon Pig is by using the Mighty Eagle. Use the eagle lunch just at the beginning of the battle and in a sigle stroke you destroy Poseidon Pig. You get 28499 points from the Pig and 30000 from the birds for a total of 58499.
    I’ve got the eagle lunch for free from the latest upgrade of the game (v 1.1.0) so no gold money spent.
    With that I am now at 786 stars.

Jim151
    @jim151

Yeah, I thought about that. It’s just not that important. I still have 3 or 4 cave bosses to 3 star and I don’t seem to be powerful enough yet for them either. So it’s not like getting the maelstrom is the only thing holding me back.

GX
    @kokhien

Agree with Mighty Red. I used Level 5 Paladin with Hammer set, Sea Dog with scissors (level 33) and a friend’s Lightning bird at level 19. Was able to finally 3 star at 46500 points. Some healing potions used, and used some chili pies to get more attacks from Lightning bird.

kammy81
    @kammy81

So is this level glitched? I end with full health and only get 3 stars. I’m beating it fairly fast so I doubt that’s the issue. This level must be bugged and we will never get our 3 star achievement :-( unless you use mighty eagle and if that’s the case then Rovio should give us a free one or 30 gold coins.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

I use Marksmen(Ballista), Priest(Nightmare), and Samurai(Grand Slam). You need to get at least 13500~15000 points from him, make sure your birds have full HP in the end.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@kammy81 The method described above by @bouboule works well.

Paladin, Mage and Rogues.

Just keep Paladin’s Devotion, Mage’s Shock Shield and Rogues Cupcake Trap active on Paladin. Give the Rage Chilli to Mage when it becomes available (but make sure Shock Shield is active on Paladin).

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@all I’ve beaten it when I was at XP level 18 after 15-20 long minutes with the trio Knight + Wizard + Princess and I got 1 star (or 2, I can’t remember because I didn’t play ABE since January…). This trio works pretty well for low-XPLv players.

@kammy81
    What the * ? I think you’ve done a mistake in your post because you cannot get more than 3 stars…

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

Paladin, Lightning bird, Capt’n. Use bomb’s whip up on paladin so its 60% stronger and Lightning bird secondary also on paladin. With single paladin’s attack you get more healing than poseidon pig can damage you. Chilli always on lightning bird. Easy 3 star if you are 41 level.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum 3 Star Maelstrom?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.