Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • Replies
  • Aeshna
    @aeshna

@grimmjow – several times in a day.

And once you’ve upgraded your bird to bronze, you can still collect feathers for that bird till the end of the day, but then no more.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45,

Thanks

@aeshna

Bronze ? Elder Bronze, so level 9 ?
    If all myy birds all level 9, I can get the reward for 7 wins in a row once per day ?
    Or I don’t understand ?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

I don’t know, my birds aren’t all elder bronze or level 9

Those that are elder bronze or level 9 can continue to receive feathers ONLY if I’ve upgraded that day.

I have upgraded red today and can still receive red feathers. At 1am BST a new bird will be able to be upgraded when the rewards in the arena change for me.

The bird I upgraded to elder bronze or level 9 (Harriet iirc) can not receive or has not received any more feathers today since upgrading.

My upgraded birds all have a different number of feathers. I believe these will be carried over to elder silver or level 10 or whatever the next level is when Rovio release the next upgrades.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Seems that you can keep on collecting feathers, Grimm.

Too funny, worked my way to the last level to collect 500 feathers and a person with lower rank birds beat me. Just didn’t get the right birds for the structures.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@aeshna, @captsternn,

Soon, you will able to get red feathers again.
    When a birds is level 9, you can’t get feather for him from chests.
    You can get feathers only from :
    – Daily reward in arena
    – Winning streak

All my birds are level 9, so I don’t get any feather from chests.
    I up my star rank for up my daily reward, but I need to know if I can get 7th reward several times or just once.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

You can get it as many times as you make it there and win, Grimm.

Heinousk
    @heinousk

Saphira,

I feel your pain. I have been having the same issues since the update. I have only been able to play the arena a few times this week without it crashing and I am now way behind and will be demoted from diamond league if I can’t score. The daily challenge has been letting me play occasionally the past couple of days and I have actually been able to pass it without it crashing. I still have not been able to play any of the new levels. The game just crashes whenever I try to open up a level.

I have started a case with Rovio already and am waiting to hear what they have to say about it. I knew I couldn’t be the only one having these issues. I guess no one else is bothering to talk about it.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@captsternn
    Ok thanks.
    Have you tips for win 7 streaks ?
    When you fight against a spell user, do you take same spell ?
    When you lose, do you use gems ?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Don’t have any good tips, Grimm. It is tough to get through all seven levels, especially without using gems. I haven’t been playing the arena much lately.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

Heinousk,

I’m glad to hear that Rovio knows about it. When I saw on the comment threads that no one was responding to you, I was afraid the issue would not be addressed in any way. I’m disappointed about not being able to play the new levels. Sometimes I can play the first 4 rooms of level 581 before the game crashes, and the new pig that makes everything float is really fun (I mean WOW, Rovio actually came up with a fun pig!), so the whole situation is just a bummer right now. I’m in the bottom 3 of my league of course; I haven’t been able to play more than 2 matches a day.

Happy flinging (when you’re able to)!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Boss room level 600. Ack! …

ouch

Got this close to beating him on the first try, not that close since …

really ouch

Heinousk
    @heinousk

Saphira,

It’s been days now since I’ve heard anything from Rovio regarding my case. They responded initially asking me for more information about my device and I haven’t heard back since. I too am in the bottom 3 in my league at the moment and there’s nothing I can do about it. I’ve been lucky if I can play the arena at all. I have been able to save up a lot of tickets for the arena in the meantime. I figure if it’s just going to crash on me then I’ll just try when it gives me a free play, then watch the video for a ticket and save up. The past couple of days I was able to play the daily challenge and beat it, but once again today, it just crashes. I’ve seen the first of the new levels 3 times now but after flinging my first bird, CRASH. I’m unfortunately not on Facebook so I can’t even play on a different device. If they can’t help me out and get me playing again, I’m afraid that I may have to bit the bullet and set up a dummy Facebook account just to be able to move my gameplay.

Does anybody else have any suggestions for Saphira and I?

Saphira
    @kgeisler

Heinousk,

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I have also been saving up my tickets for when I can use them, and I really don’t want to set up a Facebook account just to play a game that I’m already too addicted to! I couldn’t play the daily challenge today either. Interestingly, I got bumped into a less competitive group in the arena, so now I’m only down in 11th place. With the amount of stars I used to accumulate I would be in first place! I hope I don’t get switched back between now and Saturday.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

On the level entry screen, Red greets me with this tip sometimes:
    “Increase the rank of all 7 birds to improve your spells!”
    First time I saw that. New thing or was I blind?

Buzz1
    @buzz1

Saphira, Heinousk,

I play on an Ellipsis 8 tablet (Android) and had frequent crashes. I did three things and the problem seems to have been corrected.
    1. I canceled all automatic updates of apps on my device at the Play Store.
    2. I deleted most non-essential apps.
    3. This gave the largest positive effect. My device got fairly warm while running the intense graphics of AB2. So, I began cooling it by laying it on a freezer block (the reusable type commonly used in kids’ lunch boxes). I used a few thin pieces of cloth between the device and the block.

I hope this helps someone. And I am also eager to hear how others overcame crashes.

Buzz1

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Yoshi, I was coming here with that exact same question. “Level up your birds to improve your spells “. Typo? Or do the spells get stronger? I know they give more points than they did a few months ago. Mighty Eagle used to pay out like 50K back in the winter months. Now it’s not unusual for a spell to net me 600K.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@dwhite40704
    Ever since this update, I noticed that if you had high-ranked birds (it’s noticeable at rank 4 and above), if you used a spell as the FIRST card in any given level, the Destructometer filling and the score outcome would be very, very poor, like if you used a rank 1 bird. However, if you use a level 4 bird before the spell, the spell will give the same multiplier as the bird did. It’s why I try to use spells after I used one of my higher-ranked birds – in my case, after Silver who is rank 6 unlike the others that are at rank 5.
    I always shrugged it away – but maybe it’s exactly this effect that is now explained by the birds before entering a level.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Is there still a good place to farm gift boxes? Or do those not exist anymore?

I haven’t played this game in a while.

Kt
    @ktcain

@marioandsonic

Since the May update/download, the Daily Challenge is very generous in offering opportunities to get gifts for your AB2 friends, Mario. I am usually able to find gifts in the first 2 games of the 3 game set. If I play several times during the day, there are almost always more gift boxes offered.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

@ktcain

I meant the red gift boxes that game you feathers or spell cards, but @partshade answered that.

What’s the best way to get feathers, then? I keep losing in the arena…

Kt
    @ktcain

@marioandsonic

My understanding is that the red gift boxes were eliminated in the March update/downlaod. I used to see them on the trail, and I haven’t seen any since that March update/download; only the blue gift boxes. The new May update/download has increased the Small Treasure box gifts to every 30 minutes, or every 15 minutes if you bought the Might Eagle package which was offered to new players on the trail way back when. There are many feather offerings for free in the Small Treasure box gifts. They vary in size from 10 (often) to at least 50 ( so far, less frequent). Also gems (often) and spells ( less frequent ). I have to remember to start opening those more often. The 80 gem treasure boxes offer feathers, but not always. Otherwise, the Arena is the place to win feathers and that will cost you gems and spells, sooner or later. The game has become more expensive on many levels and far more generous on others.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

How often need I say it? The red gifts aren’t completely gone from the game; they have just been made so rare you’re unlikely to ever see them in regular gameplay. For me, they appear occasionally when I’m stuck on a hard level and the game assumes I’ll fail the level again. Then a red chest will spawn. Hence why I never took one to the finish yet. XD

Also, the ME package is still regularly being offered to me. Every 15 levels I clear in the overworld (15, 30, 45, 60 etc.), I get the pop-up.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

Yoshi,

You mentioned seeing a red chest spawn, but that isn’t the same as the red gifts that many of us used to farm for feathers. They looked exactly like the blue gifts except for the color. I too have seen an occasional red chest, but not red gifts. I miss being able to farm hundreds and hundreds of feathers a day, but I understand why Rovio eliminated that feature.

Regards,
    Saphira

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.