Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • Replies
  • LSALT007
    @lsalt007

FINALLY we got an AWESOME/WORTHY UPDATE!!!! The last 4 updates were close to RUINING the game but this update has started the slow road to redemption! I am pleased to say that our little “Tricks” still work (closing out the Daily Challenge before it resets your progress still works and the Arena close out trick for uneven players still works too but it will cancel out your winning streak and start it over). The Arena match ups seem to be a little better than before but it will still give you some unfair matches, for example, I had won 4 sets of win streaks in a row and was about to have a 5th (34 wins in a row) and the last guy was MAXED OUT with all his birds at level 9 and all spells so needless to say that ended my win streak!! The rewards are FINNALY up to where they should be with 500 feathers for 7 wins in a row in the arena along with the Red Chests, Arena plays, Feathers and the small chests reset every 15min (that is it resets every 15min for those of us that purchased the king pack and 30min for those without the pack so we are FINNALY starting to receive what we should have been getting when we first purchased the $9.99 King Pack back in December) and the rewards from the small chests have gotten A LOT BETTER than they were too!! It was also cool to see that Rovio had been keeping track of the feathers after all of my birds that were at level 8 (I have Chuck at level 9). The new levels are better also along with the Gravity pig that makes all of the blocks that are near that pig when you pop him start to float up in the air and then they drop down after it wears off. I’m on level 592 right now and will probably be at 600 by the end of the day because I have been breezing through these levels even the “Hard” levels aren’t that “Hard”!! Lol!!
    Thank you Rovio for FINNALY bringing back the fun/enjoyment to AB2 because it was looking REALLY BAD for a while and I was on the verge of erasing the game but now they have come around to putting the fun back into the game!! It took awhile but they FINNALY LISTENED TO US and made the game fun again!!

P.S. The rewards for leveling up have gotten A LOT BETTER too!!! I just got to level 87 a min ago and to my surprise I got 150 feathers for blue as opposed to 3gems that it usually gives for levels in between ( example, levels 80,85,90 Ect for example are usually the levels that give higher rewards and the others were usually just 3gems). Thanks again Rovio for FINNALY giving us some WORTHY REWARDS!!!!

Heinousk
    @heinousk

I have not been able to play any of the new levels yet. Every time I try to open one up and play the game crashes on me. I can play older levels without it crashing. I wonder why only the new levels crash. The first time I tried to play the arena after the update it crashed on me too and stole my ticket. After waiting another 3 hours I was able to play the arena once and now the TMNT ad is keeping me from getting my second ticket. I’ve been resetting my phone for an hour now trying to get it to give me a different ad but it keeps coming up with the TMNT ad that doesn’t work. Currently I’m in first place in my league but that won’t last long if I keep having issues.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Meh.

I just managed to get my birds to Diamond level 8 and now there’s even MORE levels to build to? To what eventually, 15x score? And what does score get you besides nothing? 3 Stars are easy enough to achieve per screen. Oh wait, you reached the finish line? Look, we just raised the bar so you keep on running. How about that?

So we get more ways of potentially winning feathers but the demands have also been increased, which cancel one another out in an attempt to keep players in the game. So the treadmill of game in, game out continues.

Just tried the ‘winning streak’ challenge in the arena and encountered an opponent with 5 level 9 birds ALREADY (plus 5 spells). Really… lost by a landslide so the playing up to that point was almost nullified and that time was wasted because I’m not even NEAR getting a gem prize for placement (the current leader is up to 798 stars, probably a hacker). More carrots dangled in the face.

As mentioned in another thread, I got 100 feathers plus 3x spells from the DC today (I paid 60 gems to complete it too). Afterwards, I paid for a premium chest: 1 pig inflator.

Annoyed, I paid for another premium chest: 2 duckling spells.

Determined to break the streak I paid for ONE MORE premium chest in an attempt to get some feathers: 1 Chili spell.

So in all, I wasted 300 gems and got 7 spells and 100 feathers in return. That’s not very encouraging considering I get spells for free from friend gifts. But I guess that’s Rovio’s way on controlling it so we don’t level up too fast and to keep us in the game so eventually we run out of gems and are forced to buy buy buy (which is no secret, generating revenue is their sole purpose for even creating these products).

Therefore it seems like there’s lots changed, there’s shiny fireworks all over the stage but functionality is not much different. We’re still stuck on the hamster wheel trying to level up our birds and playing world after world after endless world. Sorry to be so negative about Rovio and this game, but it seems that I am going to burn out before I ever get any satisfaction from playing AB2.

One thing I enjoyed about their previous games is that there was a goal… an endpoint… you enjoyed making it there and then you moved onto one of their other incarnations. This is not so with AB2. It seems Rovio is going to keep on adding levels and rooms until they start making a profit, which at this point, I doubt is going to happen due to all the hackers and people dropping the app.

BTW “Watch Video for free entry” to the Arena doesn’t work, so don’t waste your time or bandwidth.

***Update**** yes it does work. You get tickets instead of immediate play.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Starting to warm up to the update a bit, still mixed. I think I am liking the arena a bit more now with the winning streak. Get more chances to play and feathers. Chuck got 600 feathers out of the deal and red got 100 feathers from the chest. Cost me 60 gems to finish the streak but 500 feathers was worth it.

I noticed that the first rounds were evenly matched opponents, but as I kept winning the opponents started having higher level birds. The last one was all 8 except one at 7. I am all at 6 still. I am going to finish out this week and have a fresh look at it when the new tournament starts. I can see this update as a gem eater big time. Don’t think I am going there.

reddie
    @reddie250

I have to say, the new update is AWESOME especially in the arena when you have a chance to chain your winning streak and winning huge rewards. Moments ago, I’ve collected a Mighty Eagle plus 150 Chuck feathers from the chests. In a few hours later, I’ll go for the 500 yellow feathers. Of course, there are cheaters lurking about so I’ll have to be weary about them.

Also, I love the new addition of the new Gravity Pig. He’s very helpful in in lifting up blocks of the structure when you kill him and sending debris flying. The boss speech for the boss levels was also cool when you’re prepared to go after them.

And the free rewards for every 30 minutes is great! Waiting 24 hours for a free one was agonizing but I’m glad Rovio made the change.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Well, well, well. Got my chance to achieve the prize for full winning streak, and looky who I’m up against. BIG SHOCK. I should have seen THAT coming.

How does someone get all their birds to Level 9 only 2 days after your update?

This game can screw right off. 90 stars? Instant level 9 birds? It’s “Cheater Arena” on a new level.

So much for my shot at a prize >:-(

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    Not that unrealistic, actually. I see this guy has 90 stars; he might’ve had a lot of time to collect feathers beyond level 8. Those were stored for as long as he had this level; and now the feathers have been converted to the new level.

LSALT007
    @lsalt007

Another thing that I have found that I like about the update is that the Arena timer keeps counting after you play your free play and doesn’t stop like it did before. Another thing that has happened with this update is that Rovio has given us that play this game A LOT a way to endlessly play the Arena, lol! I’m sure that they will change it as soon as they realize it but until then I will use it to play the Arena as many times as I want and since I had spent A LOT of money before the B.S. Updates that this is a little payback for that (I just broke 1000 in my current tournament). So now it comes down to resolve and dedication and you can win EVERY tournament! So how you ask, easy, the first ‘win streak’ reward is a ‘Free Arena Ticket’ so simply win the first round with a reasonable opponent get your free ticket and hit next the when the main Arena screen comes up hit the button to play the arena so that your next screen shows your win streak and new opponent on the screen with the ‘Battle’ button showing, close the game out and reopen it and go to the arena. You will see that you still have your free ticket and that your win streak has started over, simply keep doing this and you can play it Forever! Lol! I tested this for hours last night/this morning and added over 400 points to my score before I decided to stop/take a break. So get ready for some high scores in the Arena! Figured I would just drop the beans now since it’s a REALLY ODVIOUSLY trick and someone else would have seen it and told us soon enough so why not me! Lol! Enjoy. I’m at level 87 so it’s not impossible DJlarryt.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Hi,

I don’t get extra feather from arena today, why ?

RizDub
    @rizdub

Watching Mighty Red’s walkthrough videos, it looks like the scoring system is still based on your ASSUMED bird levels, not your ACTUAL bird levels. I’m using level 599 as an example here. All of Mighty Red’s birds are at level 9, so (I’m assuming the system is still based on 75,000 times number of rooms times bird level) the 3-star threshold should be 3,375,000. Mighty Red does not reach this score (his score is 3,200,864). The assumed bird level for this level is still level 3, which means the actual 3-star threshold is 1,125,000 – a score Mighty Red passes before finishing the second of five rooms.

This scoring system still leaves no challenge to 3-star anything, so my boycott is still active.

On another note, it seems like a lot of levels have changed in this update. I think two levels in one of the first few chapters were switched. I haven’t gotten my list updated yet, as I’m still tallying the changes.

RizDub
    @rizdub

I just updated my list of changed levels for this update. And holy cow, there were a lot of changes. All five categories have multiple new entries, and TWO pairs of levels have switched.

One notably major change is that the third chapter (Eggchanted Woods) now has a fourth boss level. Level 55 is another fight against Foreman Pig, and so the final room has been completely redone.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

OMG this game is such a colossal sh!tshow of errors. So because of hacks, exploits, cheaters, etc honest players are doomed to compete against the likes of this? No thanks.

And take a look, this is on my FIRST match. Like I even care to keep going.

View post on imgur.com

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

DJ, I resemble your remarks. I predicted yesterday that players will quit in record numbers now that we are forced to play these clowns and unable to back out to find a new opponent. All I’ve requested for months is legit opponents. I don’t mind getting beat by legit players-I don’t like it but that’s just part of it. I guess fairness is too much to ask for. It’s ridiculous.

TeLeBe
    @telebe

@grimmjow
    I have the same problem since the new update, reached the 4th streak now stuck, every time I go to the nest, the bar is filling up, showing the 4th streaks then crashes…
    The rest of the game remain ok…
    The only way to play is to have another device, in my case it’s not working anymore on my Ipad (IOS 9.3.2) and ok on my Iphone (IOS 9.3.1)…
    I’m just afraid to play on it as the gems seems to not be updated (790 gems on my Ipad and only 151 on the Iphone: even connected with my FB account).
    Anyone has a solution for this?
    Reinstall App?

Heinousk
    @heinousk

I’ve put up with all of the problems until this update but this is too much. I still have not been able to play any new levels or the daily challenge since this update. Whenever I try to open them up the game crashes and just goes away. I’ve been able to play the arena a couple of times but just about every time I open it up the same thing happens. The gears in bottom corner don’t move and the game just crashes. I was well ahead in first place in my league before the update but after I wasn’t able to get any more stars and ended up in second place. Now I have only been able to play it one time since the arena reset for the week, even though I’ve tried to play many times, and I’m just about in last place. I can’t imagine that I’m the only having this problem. And since I’m not on Facebook I can’t play on a different device.

Kt
    @ktcain

If I’d seen this topic I wouldn’t have started a new thread about the May update. I’m reposting my comments here.

One thing that did occur to me is that the download of this new Arena format involving much more money in order to participate is coinciding with the release of the Angry Birds movie in theaters. I would imagine Rovio anticipates many new players will come to the game directly from the movie exposure. These new players will find what we all now have to play, never having known how much more fun and fair this game once was.

At 8 am Sunday morning a character named Bossy Faster with a bomb icon is leading my Arena game with 195 stars. With the current pay to play and win scheme, it is hard to know if this one is another cheater/hacker or just someone with money to spend. This kind of start to the Arena week doesn’t create much an incentive for me to play in the Arena. 7 games, 5 with a price tag of gems, if you are being offered opponents with all level 9 birds who bring in spells as I am being matched. I have won many Arena matches playing fair games with equal ranked opponents and equal bird levels, no spells. When I decided to try playing some games bringing in spells, I really didn’t get more stars in all than I was already getting for my week of matches, so I quit using them. I’m not sure I’ll play this Arena beyond satisfying the Daily Quest unless the game offers me better odds.

I’ve enjoyed the Arena game as part of the overall fun I’ve had in AB2, and it’s hard to let it go. But I don’t want to pay for a winning streak and I’m already tired of being wildly overmatched in the rounds to reach the 7 count of successful wins.

I’ll have to see how it unfolds over time and what adjustments Rovio makes as players let their opinions be known.

TeLeBe
    @telebe

It seems that there is a real bug with the new system of having winning streak!
    I made the test on my Iphone and as soon as i reached 4 winning streak, the arena is stuck and crashs…
    Thus i have now 2 devices (see 64th replies) on wich I can’t play anymore arena…
    Saying that I really doubt that we (grimmjow and me) are the only ones suffering of this…
    I’ll create a case to Rovio!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I was able to clear a winning streak row once, and all other times I lost at a 4 streak – my game never crashed though.
    It once crashed on me when I was trying to resume a DC. But that was a one-timer.
    Like you I have an iPhone.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am liking these new levels. especially the anti-gravity pig. Got distracted from them but now back to them. Got through my first boss level after having been stuck on 583 for a while. The arena is pretty cool with the winning streak even if I don’t make it through to 7 wins in a row. I like getting the card for winning the first round in the streak, then a video, so able to play three rounds instead of just two. At least that is how it was working for me in the beginning. Getting the chests every half hour is also cool, when I remember to open them.

TeLeBe
    @telebe

@smwforever45
    Answer from Rovio: Linked to the device language, see full answer below

Hi there,

And thank you for contacting us!

We ran into some issues after the latest update to Angry Birds 2 that caused the game to crash when the user enters fourth winning streak in arena while French language is set. Our team is doing our best to fix this issue. Until we fix the issue we can recommend changing device language to English, and the game will not crash anymore :)

We are sorry for inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Paweł
    Rovio Support Team

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@telebe
    That explains, I’m playing in German – glad they’re aware!

TeLeBe
    @telebe

Obviously I was in french and confirm that I can play again while in english ;-)

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@smwforever45, @telebe

The final reward for 7 winning streaks in a row be obtained several times a day or only once ?

Saphira
    @kgeisler

I have not been able to play much at all since the update. The game just crashes most of the time. I cannot play any of the new levels, and usually I can only play in the arena once or twice a day, and when I earn arena tickets I can’t use them or else the game crashes and I lose the ticket! I have only been able to play the Daily Challenge on two different days. I’m very frustrated, and in danger of being demoted from Diamond League. I thought I would be demoted last week when it showed me in 13th place with 167 stars, but when the arena ended I was somehow in 8th place thankfully.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@grimmjow
    After you got the highest reward (7 winning streak) your streak is reset to 0. You can get it several times a day if you play and win enough times.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.