Windows 8 and Angry Birds IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!! LOOK INSIDE WINDOWS 8 USERS!!!
  • I have somewhat a issue with all my Angry Birds Games. Today, Windows 8 came out, and I installed it. But I can't play Angry Birds, because it's gone. So with this, I have a few questions:
    1) Is any of the Angry Birds games compatible with Windows 8?
    2) If I reinstall it, will all my data be saved?
    3) Is there a way to retrieve it without having to reinstall it?
    I'll contact Rovio about this as well. Thanks!

UPDATE!
    AFTER HOURS AND HOURS WITH MICROSOFT, THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING AND THEY SAID ANGRY BIRDS ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8. LOOK FOR MY 4TH COMMENT FOR MORE INFO!
  • 30 Comments
  • ABSp is on W8
  • Interesting...hope the other few are also on.
  • me too, i'm surprised ABO didn't come out before ABSp
  • Horrible news:
    There was an error that said:
    OpenGL 2.0 renderer not supported! Reason: OpenGL 2.0 is not supported
    OpenGL 1.4 renderer not supported! Reason: OpenGL 1.3 is not supported
    What in the world does this mean??? Does anybody know how to fix this?!?!?!?
  • @BBinMiami : Sounds like a graphics card driver update is in order. Which version did you upgrade from? Did you reformat the hard drive during the upgrade? Did you back up your files beforehand?
  • @bbinmiami Hi ,i dont know alot about Windows 8 ,but is there a way you can just go to a restore point a few days back ?.and take the details of W8 license to put back on later ..Best of luck ,hope things work out
  • I used to have Windows 7 and I had the latest version (Bad Piggies, Surf & Turf, etc.)
  • Everybody who owns Windows 8 and wants to download Angry Birds, lISTEN UP! I contacted Microsoft about this issue and even they couldn't do anything. They concluded that Angry Birds simply isn't compatible with Windows 8. I contacted Rovio to fix this issue asap. So if you have a Windows 8 and want to download Angry Birds, DON'T! I'll comment back when this issue gets fixed. Thanks!
  • I'm also on W8.Same thing happens to me.
  • i think that's why they put it on the W8 store
  • @Nigel, also tell this to Rovio so they can respond to this situation twice as fast.
    @AngryBoy, Only Space. Not Classic, Seasons, Rio, or Bad Piggies!
  • I downgraded my Intel graphics driver to version 8.15.10.2413 and now Angry Birds just works perfectly fine
  • @mb78. HOW DO YOU DO THAT??? i'M COMPLETELY STUCK ON HOW TO DO THAT!!! HOW DO YOU DOWNGRADE YOUR INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER????
  • @BBinMiami It does not work that way.You've already told rovio,so having me bug them won't make it any faster.In fact,it might actually slow it down.
  • @BBinMiami, did you get the new driver yet? If not, go to intel.com downloads. They have a program that will scan your computer to detect what driver(s) you need and will download them. Hope this helps!
  • Oh, wait, I see you need the older driver. You should still be able to get it from Intel... Hopefully!
  • How do you get the older driver?
  • @BBinMiami, if you are not very "techy", I urge you to find someone who is to assist you. Messing with video/graphic drivers can be a real pain in the behind, and you don't want to end up worse off than you are now, say with a black screen. I do hope you backed up your system before upgrading...
  • Here'a solution for the problem of Windows 8 Users.!!
    Just install a previous version of your graphics accelerator software and run the game.
    It really works :D
  • Why Bad Piggies windows 8 app not released but Rovio said after launching Bad Piggies on 27th September that it will soon available for Windows 8. I want it on windows 8 because IAPs (in-app purchases) and achievements & leader boards are available for Windows 8 Apps.
  • I see that one user in Youtube play Bad Piggies on Win8
  • @birds Please give me the link of video :-D
  • @birds No, this was just a shortcut pin to start screen of windows 8. Actually there is no Bad Piggies app in Windows Store.
  • I'm confused, if it was just a shortcut pin, how does he play field of dreams on PC?
  • @birds LOL, Field of Dreams is available for PC or Mac at no cost.
  • He, I forgot about that :P
  • Might trying to run AB on compatibility mode? I don't know if windows 8 can run programs in compatibility mode, but on windows 7, right click the game > properties > compatibility tab > check "Run this program in compatibility mode" and select OS that you want.
  • @Birds
    All Angry Birds & Bad Piggies games are running fine on my Windows 8 Pro PC , without changing its compatibility mode, because Angry Birds & Bad Piggies are fully compatible with Windows 8 now :)
  • You can solve the OpenGL issue by installing Intel graphics media accelarator from https://downloadcenter.intel.com
    Download the earlier versions of the software.
    For example Dell 1545
    Mobile Intel 4 series chipset family 64bit, download Intel graphics media accelarator version that was released in 2010. Download the 2nd version from the following link
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18945&ProdId=2991&lang=eng
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!