Different Angry Birds versions on different devices
  • It's gonna be confusing for me.
    There is Angry Birds for iOS, for Android, for Symbian, for PC, for Mac, for Playstation, ...
    There is Angry Birds original, AB Seasons, AB Magic, AB Lite, AB Rio, AB Volcano, AB Google, AB Chrome, ...

Now my questions are:
    1. How many (and what) devices do I need minimum to be able to play every single AB level that exists?
    2. What AB games contain levels that are only available for one specific device? (e.g. I heard that there are some special Nokia levels and Chrome levels and also AB Lite contains 6 levels that are only available in AB Lite)
  • 11 Comments
  • 1. No single device...the least number of devices is three that I am aware of...get an iPhone or iPod touch to play the vast majority of them. There is a NFC equipped Nokias that has some specific levels pertaining to NFC, and you need a computer to play the web based ones.

2. AB Free and AB Seasons Free is only for iOS. NFC equipped Nokias can play specific ones as mentioned above, and Google+ has Google+ and Chrome Dimension levels. With a computer, you can also play the online Volcano levels.

NOTE: That is the extent of what I know that is exclusive. There may or may not be others.

Hope this this helps.
  • -- Angry Birds (original), Seasons, and Rio are the same apps on iOS, Android, Symbian, Mac, PC, Windows Phone, NOOK Color (though not all of these are as far along)

-- Angry Birds Free (original), Seasons and Rio are "trial" versions, available for iOS and Symbian.

-- Angry Birds Lite was available for iOS and I think Android, but has not been updated in 15 months and is likely discontinued.

-- Angry Birds Chrome / Google+ / Volcano are only available for free play on computers.

-- Angry Birds Magic is currently only available on Nokia devices, though Rovio originally said they would like to extend it in the future.
  • Thanks for the answers.
    Although my second question was not answered correctly, this is a good overview. If there will be more AB games or more devices with AB, maybe you can update the list.
  • Slim: I think that there is one important difference in Angry Birds (original) for Mac and PC-they don't get the three Facebook games, at least as far as I've been able to ascertain. Since you include them in the leaderboard totals, I'll never know just where I would stand if I had them. And you can now buy Seasons for PC, but not for Mac, which is really irritating.
  • Slim: Thank you. I'd checked angrybirds.com this week, which still doesn't show Seasons for Mac, but my Mac App Store had it, and now so do I.

I tried adding slightly above-average scores for the Facebook games (since all my other scores are), and it got me into the top 100, but not very far. I don't think that I can bring myself to play most of those games again, so that will have to do. It shows that I've been spending far, far too much time as it is. At least now I've got Seasons, and the fifth level of Rio just became available this week, so I've got a lot of new ground to cover. BTW, is the only way to get Golden Beach Ball level to buy the movie Rio?
  • For Mac and PC, yes. I'm not sure of the reason, but that's the way.
  • My granddaughter will be turning seven soon, and I imagine she'll like it (and won't care if I use the code). Does it matter if it's DVD vs. BluRay?
  • No matter. Just make sure it says on the cover that the code is within.
  • @Slim: My second question was about LEVELS that are only available for one specific device.
    The GAME AB Rio Free for example only exists for iOS, but the LEVELS can as well be played on PC.
  • ABo Free is only available for iOS and its levels are unique.
    ABS Free is only available for iOS and its "Seasons Greedings" levels are unique.
    "Chrome Dimensions" levels are only available in the Chrome & G+ apps.
    "Volcano" and "Pistachio" levels are only available in their respective apps.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!