The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2383
  • 159632 Comments
  • Bunny reporting in from Aberaeron
    Last stop of Welsh road trip
    And using iPod not iPad
    Someone who shall remain nameless (but I'm only travelling with one other person) smashed the screen of my iPad by dropping it on the concrete floor of the car park in Conwy. @kelani @fenikus weep with me.... NoPad CrackedPad ShatteredPad arrggghhh
    However he's promised to get me a new one tomorrow
    Just how do those .lua files (or some such) work?
    Big update and read back tomorrow
    Probably on PC though til new iPad is up and running
    And how anyone flings on a phone I have no idea Having to use stylus just to type on this small screen
    Goodnight fellow flingers
  • @kelani -- I don't watch TV except for news, movies, and golf. So no way would I have gotten it.
  • @hunnybunny Aw no :( I'm glad you're getting a shiny new one at least, and not hopping in line to borrow mine :)

In AB, .lua files are encrypted text files using the Lua scripting language. If you know what Perl, javascript or PHP looks like, Lua is similar. Each game has a few different files that store scores, configuration, unlocked levels, etc..
  • @kelani Never would have guessed I would have been detected LOL but thanks for the great new story! I hope the Dutchie can live with the shortage for a while, as I am sure van Melle has upped their produce right after the news hit. Enjoy and be a smart KelBoy and don't eat them all at once ;)
  • I just finished an episode of Stargate and kinda wanna have just one more... midnight over here, so I should be heading over to bed. Hmmmm what's a girl gotta do right?
    Ow well, guess one more couldn't hurt :p
  • @mvnla2 I figured you wouldn't get it, although if you told me you watched one TV show, that would've been my first guess.
  • @hunnybunny O_o nooooo that is Shattering ( litterally ) news, I am so sorry for ya, hope you can survive the NoPad days
  • @estar ow no, you deserve another show! I'll be goodkel and I promise I won't be sprawled on the floor surrounded by blue wrapper bits by this time tomorrow. :)

Did my last dutchie phrase come out right? I had to guess at that one.
  • @kelani yes you did... so a good guess on your part. LOL to bad you don't have a smartphone to take pictures just incase you fail and do end up covered by the blue wrappers.

Must dash... have a fab evening all!!
  • Ow and I did clue hubby in (as he is semi up to speed on things I do... but the beauty is, he is the same like me, love doing stuff out of the ordinary and surprise people who least expect it hee hee) and he read the news story and smiled.
  • We once brought cakes (or is it pastry, anyway small little tarts or cakes with whipped cream and or chocolate) to a cashier at the grocery store, just because she mentioned craving sweets due to a long day at work... just love that, keeping ears peeled and do stuff to make the other person smile, friends, family and total strangers. Funny they always seem to remember us and next time are super friendly, wonder why... :p
  • Decide to be a good girl and in bed in less than an hour... A record for hubby and me :)
    But I see i am talking to myself, so OB a Pigkiller to go, going to fling a couple more hee hee
  • Happy Flinging @Estar and Sweet Dreams ♡
    Oooh And it's you weekend Yay!! Enjoy hope the Sun Shines for ya:)
  • @estar - a random act of kindness! Wonderful and only what I would expect from you! Random acts of kindness are a wonderful way to prove that most members of the human race care - I try to remember to do one every now and again and the smiles are like hugs!
  • @mumsie :))) likewise, I always imagined you to be the master of the random act of kindness and your beautiful way of putting that feeling into words proves it... Such a beautiful way to put it... indeed the smiles are indeed like hugs!
  • @kathy :(( nope have to go in tomorrow to handle a project with a very hard deadline. So no weekend for me just yet, but I love my job and the boss is super happy i am willing to help out, so I know it will fly by and weekend will be there before i know it.
  • Aw sorry to hear your weekend got delayed But that's awesome you love your job and you'll really help out your Boss:) A Super happy Boss is the best! ! But that's cuz your Such a Super employee and friend. Hope the project goes smoothly and you can get quickly to your weekend:)
  • @estar Even down here where most people are nice and polite, If I brought yummy gifts to any of my cashiers, they'd call the police. :) It's great you live in a place where you can be your supernice self to lots of random people. We need to make you a UN Ambassador to..well, everyone. :)

edit: re: cashiers+treats+police In retrospect, that's probably because they're all high-school girls. :o)
  • :))) ya'all are just to kind ... Going to bed with a big smile on my face. @kelani sorry to hear the KelTown people are so out of touch with what makes us human, but i still would try... Love the movie pay it forward and i am a strong believer of that philosophy.

Okay really need to go now... Night night my birdie friends! ((Hugs))
  • I think it's an American problem. In KelTown, they'd call the police. The response would vary elsewhere:

@Kathy Town: they'd fire a warning shot over your head.
    @ABcrazy Town: they'd skip the warning shot.
    @mvnla2 Town: They'd ask "are those "special" brownies?"
  • @kelani -- LOL! Here most of the cashiers are not high school girls, so it's not so dangerous to be nice, but they might call the guys with the white jackets if they weren't "special" brownies.
  • @all -- Update on my (AB) Epic saga. Today I uninstalled Epic and reinstalled it. Also refriended last person I unfriended on FB in last chance hope one or both of these would start the free rolls again. Whoot! Whoot! I just checked, and I do have a free roll, first time in a couple of weeks! (You're supposed to get one every day). Guess I won't have to quit, which would be the next step.
  • Even more interesting. The free roll is from the friend I just refriended. I unfriended two people after the update came out for Android and not IOS, because I got free rolls from them and I couldn't access their camp. After the first person I unfriended, I did get a free roll the next day, which again I couldn't use, but after unfriending him also, I got no free rolls until this afternoon.
  • Aww, I missed a shooting Star.
    And @Kelani, I watch Big Bang religiously but didn't see your reference. When was it?
    Poor Bunny. I know how you feel. I've cracked three I-pad screens so far. Well, I actually only cracked two. The cat got one. I now have a very sturdy cover courtesy of SWDNF. Ironically I haven't dropped it since. Don't you just hate it when part of your hand goes numb all of a sudden?
    @Romo I'm feeling a little better this evening. I might try to take back one or both parts of Beak Impact tonight. It'll give you something to do this weekend. Try to take more than ten minutes to beat me if I succeed. ha ha
    @Estar I normally don't mention when I do little things to cheer people up. It sounds and feels like bragging. But since you and Kel were talking about it I thought I'd mention one that put a smile on my face recently.
    One of the ladies that cleans my house was in the hospital for knee surgery a month ago. We always chat a little while she's here and I'd learned she's been doing maid service for twenty-nine years. She's a nice sixty-five year old women that can't afford to not work. How sad. When she got home from the hospital there was a letter for her with a get well card and a one hundred dollar bill in it. No return address. Sadly, she was back at work very quickly and was telling her co-workers how happy it had made her to get the card. It put a smile on my face to listen to her kibitzing with her co-workers as they tried to discern who could have done such a thing. If I had told her it was me in the letter, I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much. I love doing little things anonymously. I normally don't get to hear any feedback from them so this one stuck in my mind. :)

Pass it forward people.
  • @kelani -- I think only "medical" stuff is legal here. But yeah, I understand what you mean about regular use. It might have been CO just after it was legalized, when I saw a news article about all the people lining up to buy it. Boy, did they all look wasted, and it was the day it was legalized!
  • No, no, no, no, no, no, @Kelani. I meant when did "you" make the reference?
  • @Rat um.. in my Stella bugs forum post. The Rovio support person who replied to me "Iida" (pronounced eee-da, I think) was the same one who replied to @mvnla2 for her problem. She wondered if it might be an alias.
  • @mvnla2 any relation to this guy: HMJinLA @hmjinla ? :)
  • Sorry I've been mia..I just been crazy busy and by the time I get here well its 11pm:(OB can i please have a PigKiller :) ty
  • @kelani -- Have no idea who HMJinLa is.
  • @mvnla2 Apparently it's someone who had the same idea as you.
  • @Kelani I never got a response back from Rovio over the Game Center issue. Maybe I should have been nicer and use words with more than four letters. lol
  • @Rat Perhaps.:) Their response is slow normally. After new releases, it's awful. It took me a week to hear back after reporting four bugs in something they presumably care about.

edit: And I've never heard back about the DZ-22 screwed up PC level.
  • New episode coming out

::Just got a notice from Rovio to update ABO. It’s Flock Favorites 30 new levels…but I do not see it in the app updates on IOS or Android
  • Hi @Kathy. I was able to fling long enough tonight to take back BI part two from @Romo, but I ran out of steam 600 points shy of him in part one. I'm hoping I'm not too stove up tomorrow to fling again. I'd like to catch that little bugger. But I'm running out of places to find points in part one.
  • Are you sure you don't know HMJ @Mvnla2. He lives in Los Angeles just like you. lol
  • Hey @Pa lol you never call me kathy lol:/
    Good flinging Pa..hmm you'll catch em' I'm sure of it.. just rest that thumb and give the pixlelator time to regenerate .. start out fresh tomorrow and you'll find those points where you least expect them:)
  • I'm offf to dreamland..
    But hey did you guys hear the news? Scotland golf courses voted to allowc women so watch out @Mumsie our very own @Jlz666 may take up golf:)
  • @Kathy it's an imPaster! tee hee.
  • Night @P
    Night all
  • Lol @Kelani funny guy.. night night ;)
  • Night Ma
  • You were tired Ma. So I thought I'd ping you. I don't think @Ma pings ya.
  • I hope you looked quick @Ma. Just like yesterday, I don't think @Romo will let me stay in the lead for long. The only way I'm going to stay ahead of him is if my neck starts feeling better. I need to fling more often than once every couple of weeks. I have to give him credit though. He's pretty good.
  • I downloaded AB Epic yesterday. It's kinda different from anything I've played so far, and I don't seem to be very good at it. It has adorable graphics though :)

@EStar Which episode of Stargate? I'm currently watching season 6 :D
  • Happy Friday! !!! Have a Fantabulous Flinging day everyone:)
Post in the New Forum!