Angry Birds & AngryBirdsNest Glossary (Moved to About > Glossary)
  • 78 Comments
  • When you mean acronyms, I'm guessing you mean AB related acronyms. I'll add more later.
    RB= red bird, WB= white bird, ME= Mighty Eagle, etc.
    ABO= Angry Birds Original
    ABS= Angry Birds Seasons
    ABR= Angry Birds Rio
    ABoS or ABSp= Angry Birds Space
    ABF= Angry Birds Facbook
    ABV;C;P;FT: Angry Birds; Volcano; Chrome; Pistachio; FujiTV
    ABFO; R; S: Angry Birds Free Original; Rio; Seasons
  • AB:O - Angry birds original
    AB:S - Angry Birds Seasons
    AB:R - Angry Birds Rio
    AB:Sp, AB:oS, AB:iS - Angry Birds Space / outer Space/ in Space
    AB:FB - Angry Birds Facebook
    AB:C - Angry Birds Chrome

Red Bird - Standard bird
    White Bird - Drops egg bomb and flies off at a tangent when activated
    Yellow Bird - Increase velocity when activated - great against wood
    Blue Bird - Splits into 3 smaller birds when activated - great against ice/glass
    Black Bird - Bomb bird - can be manually detonated or will self detonate after a short delay once it has hit something - great against stone
    Green Bird - Starts to spin and reverses direction when activated
    Orange Bird - Inflates to massive size when activated or after a short delay once it has hot something

Shoot the moon - to shoot as vertically as possible, normally with a yellow or white bird which gains increased velocity when triggered.

Reverse shot - to fire the green bird in the opposite direction of the structure to be attacked and then activate him to send him into the structure.
  • @CmdrBond, Slight correction to reverse shot: Fire the green bird backwards or in ABoS fire any bird backwards for a slight speed increase.
  • Doh - forgot about AB:Sp (despite playing it constantly ATM) - I suppose that could also then relate to Purple/Lazer bird who gets fired past something then directed back into it.
  • DD - Device Damage...a thrown iphone/ipad/android/mac/pc resulting in frustration from repeating a level over and over because you know it can be done in 1 bird...and having the final pig not die even though it landed on a TNT....and you know it will be another 1000 attempts before the AB gods smile on you again to allow the perfect storm of one birdy destructiony goodness.

Of course...this could just be me :)
  • I think we can drop the AB at this point ... Space, Seasons Classic.
    Unless there is another game we cover ;)
    Just my 2c
  • @sal -- Not sure what you mean, we could drop AB in the future, but there are a lot of old posts that contain AB.. Have to think about whether dropping AB would cause confusion; my first though is that it might, e.g. O, S, R, OS. Will people realize what they mean?
  • Thanks all! Guess this means we will work on a glossary!
  • @mobious -- I feel your pain, and I'm sure most of us have experienced it, but stopped short of actual DD. However, I don't think DD is a common acronym on this site?
  • How about adding the "bloated bird" technique-flinging a bird without using it's ability
  • That's good - because I thought that referred to the OB

Can I suggest sections separated by gaps - i.e. Games/Episodes as one section, characters/objects as another and methods and techniques as a third.

PB (Purple Bird) = LB - Lazer Bird
    OB = Orange/Globe Bird
    B.Bro (sometimes B.B.) = Big Brother/Terence (the large red (green in space) bird)

GE = Golde Egg/Eggsteroid
    GF = Golden Fruit - refers to the different variety of fruits (Pineapple, Banana, Melon, Papaya, Apple or Mango) found in place of Golden Eggs in AB:R
    GM = Golden Mooncake

Episode Guide

AB:O
    - PE = Poached Eggs
    - MH = Mighty Hoax
    - DA = Danger Above
    - TBS = The Big Setup
    - HEH = Ham 'Em High
    - M&D = Mine And Dine
    - BP = Birdday Party
    - S&T = Surf And Turf
    - GE = Golden Eggs - A set of bonus levels achieved by locating hidden Golden Eggs within other levels

AB:S
    - - ToT = Trick Or Treat
    - - SG = Season's Greedings
    - - H&K = Hogs And Kisses
    - - GGGL = Go Green, Get Lucky
    - - EE = Easter Eggs
    - - SP = Summer Pignic
    - - MF = Moon Festival
    - - HoW = Ham'O'Ween
    - - WtH = Wrech The Halls
    - - YotD = Year of The Dragon
    - - CB = Cherry Blossom

AB:R
    - SD = Smugglers' Den
    - JE = Jungle Escape
    - BV = Beach Volley
    - CU = Carnival Upheaval
    - AC = Airfield Chase
    - SP = Smugglers' Plane
    - GB = Golden Beachball - A set of levels that require the finding of a secret spot in 1 specific level to unlock.
    - TR = Trophy Room - A set of 12 bonus levels awarded for completing all levels (6) and collecting all GF (6)

AB:Sp
    - PB = Pig Bang
    - CC = Cold Cuts
    - DZ = Danger Zone (currently only available to iOS (iPhone/iPad), PC and Samsung branded Android devices)
    - GE = Golden Eggsteroids - similar to Golden Eggs in AB:O/S
  • Wow! Thanks! Will incorporate later. I've been thinking about separate sections. The drawback may be that you end up looking through several lists to find what you want.
  • @Slim, anyone -- Is there a way to have html create an alphabetized list?
  • No not really
  • Copy into Excel (other spreadsheets are available) - Sort - Copy back.

Presto.
  • Yeah, I'll do that, or maybe just Word.
  • if you keep it as an excel file or similar, then you can add to it at any time, re-order the list, then paste back. Not sure you can do that with tables in word.
  • I often use the term 'L-factor' (mostly as a joke) instead of saying that you need 99% luck on a level.
  • You all are amazing! I see another page in our future. Coming soon...
  • Group efforts accomplish more than the sum of the whole er parts!
  • Wow! I go away for a weekend and you all make my wish come true.

One from me
    Boss fight - A level in which several hits are typically neccessary to accumulate damage and defeat a moving target (either Nigel or King Pig). Usually occurs at the last level of an episode.
  • Will include CmdrBond and Burbman comments when I get a chance.
    Good comment, I have been using ABOS, because I thought it was going to be called AB in Outer Space. Thanks.
  • SD can also stand for the type of verision of angry birds. SD is for the devices like iPhone and iPod. HD is for the iPad and others.
  • "Froshh" was the sound-effect-name released by Rovio way back when.
  • I think I've caught up with all the input as of 4/4. If I skipped your input, it was inadvertent. Please let me know if there is anything else that should be added, or is incorrect / not as clear as it could be. Thanks all!
  • Why not add something about the power-ups present in ABF such as:

KS- King Sling
    S- Super Seeds
    SS- Sling Scope
    B- Birdquake

Regarding "GB = Golden Beachball - A set of levels that require the finding of a secret spot in 1 specific level to unlock" You unlock by finding a secret spot only in Mobile Devices.

For PC, this is the methode

" Launch Angry Birds Rio and click “Redeem Code” and enter the code found on the insert that came in the DVD or Blu-ray copy of Rio. Upon successfully activating your code the Golden Beachball levels will open up."

For Mac:
    Head to http://riodvd.angrybirds.com
    Once there scroll down a bit and in the gray instruction box click the “Mac” tab at the top.
    The first arrow prompts you to, “Download Angry Birds Rio Bonus Version from here.” Download it to your Mac. Note, that is says “OS 10.6″ or better required.
    Once it’s downloaded double-click it and drag the Angry Birds Bonus icon to your Applications folder. It’s now installed. Launch it!

Please skim this as it wouldn't look appropriate in the Glossary section :)
  • I don't know all the piggy names, but someone may want to add them if they can.

Also - Episode updtae

AB:Sp - latest level (announced)

FMttM - Fry Me to the Moon
  • Can someone point me to complete list of pigs? Thanks
    Added section on characters.
    Caught up to here, I hope
  • I did not add the pigs or other characters that aren't playable.
  • You have FMttM listed twice, it should only come after DZ and GE as that is where it appears on the episode screen.
  • Thanks. Weird things happen when you are editing in forum. I know I had added it, but it wasn't there (even in wrong place); and then it appeared twice.
  • No probs - you also have Nigel listed under birds and enemies "pigs". While I agree he fits in both parts, I think he should only be listed under enemies.
  • BTW -- Wasn't sure what was meant by "bosses" under pigs? Just noticed that you were posting while I was editing; will work on your latest. Thanks
  • May want to add "ABP" for Angry Birds Space. It is used as the internal reference on download.angrybirds.com.
  • How about those bird cages in Rio? I think you should add it.
  • Not sure what you want to say about bird cages?? Please submit example of what you want added.
  • BC- Bird cage, Rio only. these hold birds who have been captured and must be broken to release the birds within. ?when broken, they grant 5000 points.
  • @mvnla2 those birdcages you need to smash in smugglers' den, airfield chase and smugglers' plane.
    @Imanangrybird we (at least most of us) usually just say 'cage'

by the way, at 'GB in Space' Terence is spelled wrong (it says "Terrance")
  • @CmdrBond -- Still don't know what you meant by bosses in pig description?
    Otherwise, think I have everything.
    Please let me know if anything else missing.
  • You have Medium and Large Pigs the wrong way round, otherwise I think that covers it.
  • Actually, that is the order you gave them to me, and the order in which the appear. No?
    Will add bosses later.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!