Tips for Using Space Eagles
  • **The frustration of in-app purchases of Space Eagles can be found on other posts. If you do plan to pay for SE to complete the feathers I hope my hints can help you spend the least $ possible & save the most SE for future updates**

I got 1,000 Space Eagles. I had 8 levels feathered from the "free" SE I got after 3 Starring both Pig Bang & Cold Cuts.

PIG BANG - After feathering the remaining 22 levels I had 840 left. It took '160' SE to complete.

COLD CUTS - I started with 840 SE and ended 716, taking '124' Space Eagles.

DANGER ZONE - I started with 716 so I used '250' this time around to complete these 30 difficult levels, ending with 466 SEs.

*WHAT PACK IS GOOD FOR YOU?*

- Both "free" levels took 284 SEs. The $7.99 pack of 280 may be good for you, I feel like I wasted a lot.
    - I feel confident that the $19.99 pack will get me through 6 chapters (the current 3 & 3 future updates)

*HELPFUL HINTS*

- Forget what you knew about the Mighty Eagle and use the SE like a Black Bird in terms of their placement. They destroy everything in a certain circular radius and send the rest out to space.

- Trying to knock formations down to clusters to wipe out with the SE was not as effective for me so I would use SEs for my first shot and if needed another SE to clean up. I feel like I didn't waste as many over time with this method.

- You become more efficient over time. Notice that I used 36 less SE between Pig Bang & Cold Cuts

- Expect to use a lot on Danger Zone levels. Most are easiest to complete using multiple SEs

- SE does not guarantee all Pig destruction.

- Non-shot birds do seem to give you a higher TD% but in particular levels overall destruction seems to out-weigh the benefits of not shooting another bird

- Using 2 SE the first try of a level most often will prevent you from failing twice with 1 SE if not more (this was really big for me. Sometimes I would use 1 SE for 10 tries & still not 100% it. Then I'd finally shoot 2 or maybe 3 during one try and get 100%. I couldn't help but think that if I just use 3 the first time I would have saved more over the long run)

- Go through each level with the regular birds for a test run making sure you figure out the perfect spots to hit orbits so you don't send some straight out to space (I sent more than 10 canisters flying off into space because I just missed the edge of the orbit)

- Sometimes send out another SE even when all Pigs are gone to clean up the remaining structure
  • 20 Comments
  • *copied into first post*
  • Are you going to get feathers in DZ also?
  • Yes, but I've only had time to complete 18 of the 30 levels & once thats done I will go through with the SEs
  • Keep us updated please.
  • @lostgreybird -- Slim could use a screenshot of the 50 feathers achievement.
  • I believe the achievement is bugged.
  • *copied into first post*
  • "Mentally get over the feeling of shooting currency every time you pull the slingshot back"

- That's impossible for me because my money only purchases a finite number of uses, and so each use by definition is shooting currency out with each shot. I am a VERY logical person (mental flow chart type of guy) so for me, that mentality is just an impossibility, and why Rovio has tempered my enthusiasm with their per-use-charge for the Eagle.
  • "- Mentally get over the feeling of shooting currency every time you pull the slingshot back "

Like heathen, I just can't do that. I got another 20 free eagles and used almost all of them trying to get a feather on just one level and every single time that counter went down I got very frustrated and annoyed. Finally I got so upset that I fired off the last couple in random directions just to get rid of them. I just couldn't stand wasting even free ones and it would be far worse if I had paid for them. I don't play the game to feel frustrated and annoyed and this just showed me again that pay per use eagles are a bad, bad idea.
  • I wrote this because I wanted to give people an idea of how much money they could be spending in order to get the feathers & if that seems like something that they are interested in then you could be looking at paying $20 to get through all 3 levels with enough to get through 3 future updates. Or you could get the $8 pack and do Pig Bang & Cold Cuts without DZ. I get it, everyone is frustrated about the price, this post was not meant to attract the complaints, if you don't want to pay go complain on the other post please.
  • @lostgreybird I, for one, appreciate your observations. Maybe you should create a forum in which the main post lists all your hints for using SEs. It would be very useful to anyone who buys them, as well as those that decide to use their free ones. You could just edit this one; you can change the forum name and put all your observations into the main post. You would need to explain the history, or the comments would seem out-of-place. Best wishes, and thanks.
  • @heathen and @ladycrumb
    You guys have your own post to voice your negative opinions on the Space Eagle. Let us leave this post for those who chose (despite the objections) to purchase the Space Eagle.
  • Great post @lostgreybird. We may just have to turn this into a strategy guide. Stay tuned!
  • All 30 levels for Pig Bang are currently on the ABN YouTube page. We will be creating posts on the site tomorrow.
  • @AMslimfordy - My post wasn't negative or an attempt to hijack this thread to turn it into one. I was responding to a portion of lostgreybird's posting (which I noticed that he didn't copy into the first posting as he did with the other material when he combined them into the first posting) and explained how his suggestion is not a practical way of viewing things. Lostgreybird brought up a point, and in doing so it, I feel that it is a point that can be discussed, even if I don't agree with it and regardless if there is another thread geared more towards frustration over the pricing scheme of the Space Eagle. Since I was responding to point that lostgreybird had brought up, I don't consider that hijacking, but merely a discussion. Ladycrumb falls into that same category.
  • Based on the original first post, I thought this was more of a discussion about using the eagles instead of a tip/strategy thread. I didn't mean to derail it and my post can be deleted.
  • @ladycrumb - This thread started out as a discussion. After our postings, it was re-purposed. I think that your response to lostgreybird's posting was quite relevant.
  • @slim, ha ha I thought you were taking a break ...
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!