Tutorial: Angry Birds Android backup Page 2
  • 65 Comments
  • This will handle moving between Donut, Eclair, Frozen Yogurt, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. It may even work for Key Lime Pie!

It also covers moving from Ad Free to Premium or HD versions and covers all Android versions of Angry Birds except Friends (as that uses Faceache).
  • @CmdrBond , that sounds only mildly less ambitious than making a flux capacitor out of spare banjo parts.
  • Well I didn't have the spare banjo ;P
  • Thanks for all your hard work CmdrBond. I am looking forward to your instructions.
  • I echo that. Thanks for all of your hard work CmdrBond. I am looking forward to your instructions as well. I don't want to start from scratch!!!!
  • EXCELLENT! Cannot wait for the link to be published. Hopefully, @AMslimfordy and @BirdLeader won't sit on it too long. Knowing it's a holiday weekend.

Thanks to all your efforts like usual.
  • @cmdrbond,
    Congrats on getting it done. Hopefully amslimfordy and/or birdleader know of some jellybean android players they can use for testing of your backup. (they are both iOS users)
  • I agree with @sparty83. I have multiple android devices (family has been getting upgrades) that I can and am willing to test with.
  • As said, it's a holiday weekend and we aren't widely available to review and publish. We will definitely be reviewing this early this coming week.
  • @Amslimfordy let me know if I can assist in any way. Otherwise, enjoy the weekend!
  • Hi guys,

I got irritated with my phone and decided to do a factory reset, COMPLETELY forgetting to back up my Angry Birds data. So.... Back to square one. What I am wondering: is it possible to insert someone else's data?
  • @Powernout -- Doesn't Android have the Mighty Eagle? If it does, you can use it to pass one level per hour; kinda slow, but doable.
  • @CmdrBond's guide is live. We admittedly made a few tweaks here and there to match ABN, but all the smart stuff belongs to him.

I believe it's best to close out this thread then. Any further questions or comments can be asked in the post itself.

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/how-to-back-up-angry-birds-progress-on-android-rooted-and-non-rooted/
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!