Will the Mighty Eagle be in Space?
  • Title pretty much says it all..

Anybody know?

Any ideas how they could pull it off since the game is non-linear?

I was thinking maybe something like a lightning bird that could zap around.. Not sure how you could control it, though..
  • 28 Comments
  • I know the answer but I don't think I'm at liberty to say at this time. Sorry.
  • We could have a Mighty Meteor or Astroid?
  • @iamMighty Wow! Bet that's what it will be.
  • @Slim - that's just mean! ;)
  • A little but it confirms that Rovio has made a decision.
  • Well.. I didn't see an option to call it down in the gameplay videos.. but I can't imagine there being an embargo on a "no"..

Curiouser and curiouser..
  • Well, I don't think so because if you look at the space level designs, I don't think the mighty eagle will be in the space episode, but he might because he has been in all the other episodes of original angry birds.
  • Maybe a Other one (Special space Mighty, Migthy Eagle, Migthy Dragon, Migthy ...)
  • AMslimfordy, why would you not be at liberty to say? Are you contractually obligated? That would be the only reason that one could not release "private", or un-released information. It's a Constitution thing.
  • Or a "trust" thing.
  • Fair enough. I'd still disclose any information that I was privy to, as long as it didn't negatively impact the production of the game. I suppose it could have a fiscal impact if your info. affected sales as a result of disappointment; the opposite could be true as well. However, one has to assume the worse of the two because social dynamic can't really be predicted.
  • I think what Slim means is that the ABN admins sometimes get inside info from Rovio (this site is approved by Rovio) on the understanding that they won't disclose it before the official release date. If they want to continue receiving advance info, they can't break the trust Rovio has in them. They do not work for Rovio.
  • .... yet? *fingers crossed, knock on wood, tosses salt over the right shoulder while kissing a horseshoe*
  • Great way to put it @mvnla2. We don't get a lot if inside info, but when we do, and they ask us to keep private (or we feel it should be), we will. At GDC I got a glimpse of a totally new AB game, but I will not leak details (not that I have a lot anyhow). Let's just say that this should be an interesting year.
  • According to a new interview by The Mighty Eagle himself, Space is one game of Five new Angry Birds games. Plus, Rovio is starting a new franchise game as well.. Yeah, interesting doesn't seem to cover it..
  • Maybe it would be Mighty Slim :-) Only Joke :-)
  • @Dr Omega Where did you find the interview by the Mighty Eagle?
  • If the mighty eagle was in space would it be affected by gravity? Technically if it hit a gravitational force it would just keep going round?!
  • Even if it isn't the Eagle, you'd think there would be something to get "feathers" but I'm not seeing anything in the gameplay demos to indicate you could even call anything down..
  • @DrOmega Thanks for the link. I'm wondering if all 5 games are really AB? If you read it carefully, the statement about 5 AB games is the reporters, and we all know how accurate reporters are. Further down, when there is what is supposed to be a quote from Vesterbacka, he mentions 5 games, but doesn't identify all as AB. They are clearly planning to release at least one non-AB game, plus lots (I hope) of AB updates.
    On a more depressing note, it mentions that AB facebook gets 3 million "activities" daily -- not clear what constitutes an activity. I am still : ( logging on to see if I get any MEs, but not sure if I'll play again.
  • One of the opening comments is: "Rovio plans to launch FIVE new Angry Birds titles this year. Angry Birds Space is just the first, and there are another four planned." So that tells me they are specifically AB games. Reporters often have much more content than they need and edit down so I think they just bulleted the item to save space.
  • Yes, I did read that, but my experience with reporters is that the more you know about a subject, the more obvious it is that they know nothing and are either totally incorrect or misinterpreting. Not that I know anything about Rovio, but this has been true regarding other subjects/.
  • There will be four new AB games and one that is different, or so I was told at GDC. I'm not sure they will all be brand new games though. We may see a version geared towards different audiences. There will be one that is definitely much different than anything we've ever seen, but I can't go into that too much, nor do I know that much. All I know is good things are to come in the world of AB.
  • If you use the ME it would go around a planet or two planets or three or four or five or six in level 5-9 Danger Zone.
    Which means it could destroy almost everything.
  • I don't think the ME will be in AB Space.
    But there is still some questions about other birds...
    who wants a differently colored orange bird?
    EDIT: I know, I know. I was wrong.
    But I thought that because the ME would be affected by gravity!
    But the SE (Space Eagle) makes more sense than the ME.
  • So here is the description from the Apple ITunes store:

SPACE EAGLES
    * Open a wormhole of destruction with Space Eagles!
    *Aim carefully to wreak havoc on the pigs!
    *Earn through gameplay or buy in-app
    *New goals and achievements!
  • huuuggghhh! you have to pay for BUNDLES of space eagles! 20 for £0.69
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!