How to do a screenshot
  • Here at Angry Birds Nest, lots of questions some up. One of those questions is "How do I do a screenshot?" Well this discussion group will tell you want you need to do.

***More devices will be added as they come in***

iOS
    "Press the home button and the power button (on top) at the same time. The screen will flash.
    Go to your photos app and email it to yourself. (You must be able to view your inbox using a computer)
    Get the photo and put in onto your computer
    Use a photo uploading site (picasa, photobucket, etc)
    Post the link in a comment. Then you are done." -Bigbrotherbird97
    OR
    "for a quicker way, use a snapbucket app which uploads pics directly from iPhone to photobucket." -Synthemesc
    OR
    "You can upload to Twitter, which is remarkably easy on iOS 5." -Slim

Mac
    "Command+Shift+3 takes a screenshot and automatically saves it as a file on the desktop." -Slim
    OR
    "command+shift+4 to take a screenshot of only a selected area." -adtsuyuki

PC
    First, you press the "Print Screen" button. Then you have have to open "Paint" and paste the screen shot. Then you save the image as a JPEG file, NOT the Paint type file.

Android
    ***Too many devices, almost impossible***
  • 78 Comments
  • for a quicker way, use a snapbucket app which uploads pics directly from iPhone to photobucket.
  • Or you can upload to Twitter, which is remarkably easy on iOS 5.
  • Hi, I'm using Windows Developer Preview and it tried pressing the prt sc key and open paint but I cannot seem to see the picture of the computer screen (Please Help!)
  • Did you right clicked, then selcect paste?
  • On a Mac, if you want to take a screenshot, you can use command+shift+3 OR use command+shift+4 to take a screenshot of only a selected area.
  • @adtsuyuki thank you. I will add that in. But I would think people would want to just take the full screenshot to prove their score, but I will still put it in anyways.
  • For PC

download fraps, open the application, and start playing angry birds.
    you can record video or take a screenshot.
    its easy!
  • @hell911 That's a great suggestion, but I don't think our staff (or anyone who is approving the score) wants to watch a video just to approve the high score on the leaderboards.
  • oh. i was just suggesting a screenshot capture program for PC.
    so you dont have to use paint.
  • I have a screenshot of a certain thing, but how do I make it show up in a link?
  • @Tnatiuk17piano You have to upload the image to a photo-hosting site, picasa, photobucket, etc. Then copy the URL and paste it in the text box of the website you want to share it to.
  • Ok but i don't have a photobucket account. What should i do then?
  • You have to sign up to upload the picture. Usally it's free, but I would double check if I were you to make sure it is free. The other way is to send the screenshot as an attachment through email.
  • I use imagebam.com -- it is a free image-hosting service.
  • Ahh cool i did too thanks Chaos
  • an other nice site is:

www.tinypic.com
  • I use this site:
    Flickr.
    My cousins usually use Photobucket,but Flickr is easier!
    Thanks for Slim for he said in a comment:"(Like Flickr,etc.)"
    Thanks again,Slim!
  • Does someone know how you can take a screenshot on a LG Optimus One with Android?
  • Every Android device is different. You are best off Googling "LG Optimus One Screenshot"
  • Win 7 PC: Use snipping tool to capture whole screen.
  • Not aware of that feature. PrntScrn-to-Paint works pretty easily.
  • @MUFC On a samsung (galaxy gio) you can press the home and back button at the same time
  • Thanks that's for the help :)
  • How about Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102?
  • enrico
    You try press power and home key at same time
  • Just my $0.02 :). If you have an Android device, your best option is to google "how to take a screenshot (fill in exact name, if possible, of your device with carrier name)" . There are so many devices and it is different for each one; even the same device with a different ROM will act differently.
    If your device is rooted, search for rooted screenshot apps in the market, read reviews to see if someone using your device had success with it. It really is trial and error, but there is most likely a way to do it.
    I have the Nexus S 4g and I just push power and volume down at the same time, but that doesn't work on my husband's galaxy s2, so you just have to do your research. It's a little time consuming, but not impossible.
  • On my PC if play in full screen mode cannot take screenshot, when i paste on paint i only see black thing with my full resolution (mean my monitors 1920×1080, when paste only got same resolution but only black color

It is graphic device problem?
  • @wanda
    ask your husband to press power and home button together...the screen will flash
    go to gallery and the screenshot is there
    welcome if i helped...
  • I tried that with his phone-many times- no go. He has an app to do it, but thank you for the suggestion :), Enrico. I think when you root phones and install a new ROM, it changes the functions of certain buttons.
  • Come on, @Hidayata, at least read the post.
  • Hi, is there a way to upload a screenshot taken from my iPhone directly to my album in my profile. This seems like a good place to put screenshots
  • Not without jailbreaking, no.
  • Another question, sorry I'm computer illiterate.
    If I upload a photo, say to a walkthrough page, how do I get the link to say "link 1" or "photo 1", rather than "http/........"
    Thanks.
  • Thanks iamMighty!
  • I'd recommend for photo sharing Dropbox. It's like a little memory stick online. And you can keep other files there also. :)
    www.dropbox.com
  • @mvnla2
    @iamMighty
    Really helpful guys, thanks
  • @mvnla2 Thanks for explaning it more accurately.
  • thank you @bowzerbird. I am going to look for that program. It sounds like it's easier to use than paint :).
  • @wanda Been using it for years and great for viewing all graphic extensions. You can also set up preferences of how you want to "use" it. Great little program!!
  • @foley200

I use my computer for all screen caps so not familiar with how phones do caps & uploads. Let me ask you this, can your phone actually do screen captures like a PC does? The "PrtScn" key on the keyboard is for capturing the entire screen of the monitor. Or screen cap software programs will do it much better.

But maybe this will help: Can you "configure" how you do screen caps w/your phone? If you can control or adjust the resolution of the cap, say 300 dpi, this would be best. If there's a "slide" say from low to high or % say, 0% to 100%, choose the high or 100%. If you can "set" the resolution of the capture, pick the highest option and save it as a jpg [JPEG] or png extension.

And for uploading to the Net, from your album page, choose upload and upload it directly from your phone: ONLY if after you do the cap and can save it to your phone. Can you save images to your phone like you can the PC / MAC? I mean, if you can take photos, they are saved to your phone so you should be able to save info from the Net to your phone as well.

Hope this helps,
  • @foley200 is this an iPhone 3GS by chance?
  • @AMslimfordy Im using an iPhone 4
    @bowzerbird I'm rarely at home so i prefer to do everything from my phone.(I know that using my pc would allow greater options) As far as I know I simply press two buttons go do a screen cap, haven't seen any config options before but I will have a look now.
  • An iPhone 4 should produce screenshots at 960x640 resolution by pressing the Home & Sleep buttons simultaneously. Beyond that, you may need to do some config to your photobucket app.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!