New Bird Ideas? Page 3
  • 241 Comments
  • Thanks vezok1090! Which of my comments are you referring to by the way? The purple bird or the evil grey one? Anyway, thanks again.

On a side note, how to you do the @'users name' thing in blue (the link). Could I get this cleared up, please?
  • User names are automatically linked when prefixed by an '@' symbol. Problem is, it doesn't properly handle users names that have a space. Looking into this problem is on my to-do list.
  • Azmy, you said,"A straight flying bird." There is a straight flying bird in angry birds rio in Blu and Jewel.
    Here are my ideas:
    Grenade Bird, launches to the air like angry birds do and throws 5 grenades below the bird
    Bounce Bird, this is the same thing as Angry Birds 3D Hungry Piggies
    Ninja Bird, like the Grenade Bird, but throws shurikens
  • @vezok1090,you can draw them know and upload it here because it is Summer!
  • maybe you should throw a bird and when you tap it go straight down
  • I thing a navy blue bird would switch gravity of what it was hovering over for a few seconds. they would make a new theme for this bird. Space! Also, in a volcanic area, there would be a fireball that easily burned wood. ALSO, a bird like the blue and the black combined. it would split into 3 and explode a little after it hit the structure. I hope Rovio will see all our ideas.
  • i would love a speedy bomb bird just like a bomb bird and a yellow bird combined.= )
  • what about a bomber plane that a red bird drives around bombing the pigs structure for 20 seconds-but i think that needed to be paid like the mighty eagle.
  • I think a water world (as suggested by a previous comment) would really open up some nice new bird possibilities and new game play.
    1) A diving bird (auks) that would shoot into the water, then bob up passively to attack from below.
    2) A penguin that also shoots into the water then does a controlled attack from below (like the yellow bird)
    3) A Blue-footed booby bird that could fly high and level, then dive straight down to attack above-water or below-water targets (this one doesn't have to be in a water-world, but it would go with the theme).
  • How about a hammer bird, you would fling it above stone,(It sucks against wood.) And when tapped it goes down and smacks stuff with a hammer!
  • I was thinking maybe an owl bird that spins and can "drill down" through structures.
  • This isn't really a new bird, but a game mechanic that will improve them. On certain levels there will be a green caterpillar crawling around the castles, and when a bird hits it the next bird in line will get a power boost. Say the yellow bird got a boost, it will be slightly bigger and faster. The small red bird will be morphed into the big brother bird, and the actual big bro will become even bigger.
  • Maybe a gravity bird can help. It controls gravity and changes gravity to upside-down and right-side up.
  • How about a black hole bird so when you tap it opens a black hole
  • I just thought a genius idea!
    How about the birds go into a gun and when you touch the gun, it fires the bird!
    That will make more power, destruction, and speed.
  • How about...
    1) An purple alien bird. It's almost as powerful as the black and big red bird, but a little weaker. The shape is like an inverted egg bigger than the white bird and has bulging eyes and a creepy powerful third eye which is attached to its forehead by a tentacle. When you launch it, and tap it, it will instantly pop the nearest pig by shooting a laser out of its third eye. You should make an outer space season which you can get the purple bird but you will have a new enemy, the space pigs (has many eyes and tentacles).

2) An evolved form of the blue bird, cyan bird. Cyan birds are smaller than blue birds. When you launch them, they're as strong as the blue bird but if you tap them, they will split into 5 birds.

3) An evolved form of the yellow bird, the gold rhombus-shaped bird than has lightning like stripes. When you launch it is as weak as the red bird,but if you tap it, it will be faster than usual just like the yellow bird and it will have and electrical effect which instantly destroys wood and glass and greatly damages stone.

4) An evolved form of the black bird, the gray nuke bird. The gray birdis bigger than the black bird. When you launch it, it is a little stronger than the black bird, but when you tap it or just let it hit an object and wait for some seconds, it will explode. The explosion is stronger and has a bigger radius than the black bird's explosion

5) An evolved form of the white bird, the brown rooster. I know roosters don't lay eggs cause they're male, but the white bird is also male and it lays eggs!(they're having a debate about what gender it is and i chose male). The rooster is bigger and more powerful than the white. When you launch it, it will be a little more powerful than the white. When you tap it, it will launch a brown egg bomb that is bigger than the white's egg bomb. The brown egg has a bigger radius than the white's egg. The rooster's corpse are more powerful than the white's corpse

6) An evolved form of the green bird, the dark green frisbee/boomerang bird. Has big beak and an big tail feather. When launched, spins faster than the green and more powerful. When tapped, spreads it's tail feathers and open its mouth and moves backwards which does more damage than the green's backward ability.|

Note: Most of us know what the evolved red bird is :)
  • There should be a berserker bird. Tap on it and it goes berserk.
    There should also be a bird that can actually fly. It should just circle around a sturcture for a limited amount of time, and when you tap, it just falls out of the sky. Even more bird ideas could be (as mentioned above for upgraded birds) an upgraded orange bird. It could swell up much bigger than the regualr orange bird or just swell up until it gets so big that it bursts. If it just gets bigger, it could also cause damage when it deflates.
  • How about a bird that does 2 different things as needed.
  • How about wheel bird,so if you throw it,and press it,it wil spin very fast and crash to the structure
  • A big brother for EVERY bird (big bro yellow bird, big bro white bird ect.)
  • Phoenix Bird - burns wood and melts ice, but doesn't affect stone blocks. (After it has burned it rises from the ashes and flies off.)

Penguin - Has strong power to destroy things when leaping out of water, but not very effective otherwise. (Where does the water come from?? The Phoenix, of course!)
  • As @stpace stated. That would be really good to choose your own birds. Because I would like to develop my own strategy with my chosen birds not with the given ones. And it will add replay value to the game.

Check out the game Fruit Destroy. It has that kind of feature.
  • A bird that when tapped, goes straight down at a fast speed.
  • mabye a bird that when it lads keeps on running on and on.
  • @Bob -- like a Roadrunner? I like that idea....
  • ChaosTsar -- BEEP BEEP!
  • my image of the little red guy is called meeble from my game meeble crossing, that is my idea drawing of the bird.
  • An airplane bird!
    You control the path how it goes.
    It will smash anything on its way with propellers.
  • @mike1105 , I read somewhere that you were only 9 years old. Please remember that you must be 13 or older to post comments. http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/about/privacy-policy/ BTW, great idea.
  • @blahalb09 -- impressive, someone actually read a privacy policy!
  • In the privacy policy I found a typo; it says: 7. International users 7. Feedback
  • Ha, interesting. I'll tell BL.
  • "Flamingo Bird" it flies above the structure and the ejects its legs through the wood (like the stactites in Mine and Dine and like flamingos in yards.
  • @Azmy-You can play a volcano theme here-fazer.angrybirds.com
  • Like I stated in one of the ABR posts, Blu learns to fly at the end of the movie. A new version of Blu can dive down and curve back up.
  • Enrico, that comment was from 10 months ago. Please stay relevant.
  • How about a seagull/pigeon/dirtybird that dumps an acidic load that slowly dissolves anything that it is dropped on. Pick the keystone and you could collapse an entire structure. Bird itself would be very weak and just bounce off things. On further reflection, I think the acid drop should maintain the horizontal velocity of the bird as it falls, allowing for some interesting splatter patterns. Maybe I watch too much CSI.
  • purple bird- does a verticle dive when clicked (this would allow for more tatical gameplay)
    penguin-same power as red but does double damage on ice and can slide along the ground
  • I think there should be a Epic bird. He has the same shape and speed boost as the yellow bird, but his color is black. You launch him in the air then you tap the screen and he summons 20 black birds to cover the screen and then you click again to make the black birds blow up.
  • Too powerful; it would make every level a one birder. On the other hand, if it was a red or blue bird, that would be fine.
  • Gold bird. It produce every bird and they will appear on the sligshot. The golden bird can also cause a huge damage, it can destroy the range of about 3 black birds.
  • Brown Bird. He can smash through two bricks of anything
  • There should be a bird that is purple and can fly upwards after blasting through blocks. When it flies up, it blasts through all blocks in its path. It should be from the moon.
  • A orange, does nothing but if a Bird hit him in the next turn, a Earthqauke (heavy not the facebook one) comes.
  • Maybe a bird that drops more then one explosive egg to cause a chain reaction. Or a tiny wings crossover would be cool.
  • I joined the forums just for this... *shifty eyes*

Anyway, here are some of my ideas for new birds:

Blade Bird: A dark grey colored bird with a massively oversized katana-shaped tail. When activated, the bird does a backflip, using it giant tail to slash through anything immediately in front of it. The slash has a bit more range than the Black Bird's explosion, but can only hit things in front of the Blade Bird to compensate. Main use for the slash is to open a path for it and other birds, or kill a group of pigs stacked vertically.

Abductee Bird: This bird is colored a sickly green, and looks lumpy, as if it was a ball of cookie dough. When it hits something, a flying saucer appears high above the bird, piloted by one of the birds from ABSpace. The saucer then attempts to use its tractor beam to airlift the bird out of its predicament, bringing the defenses and pigs closest to it along for the ride. After a couple seconds, the power of the saucer's beam abruptly cuts out, dropping everything that's been lifted. When activated in the air, the saucer affects only the bird, extending its airtime.

Rocket Bird: A fire-colored bird which looks exactly as you'd expect. When activated, it stops all momentum briefly, then shoots upward, bursting through any airborne obstructions in its path. It immediately disappears after this leap, similarly to the White Bird.
  • For AB:Original/Seasons

I like the idea of the penguin - but we would need water to really enjoy the best of him.

when launched, s/he should quickly fall to the ground and slide along, tapping the screen would then allow him to jump over an obstacle or dive into some water, with the latter he should then arc back to the surface.

Maybe AB:Seasons next summer level could be based around a scuba diving holiday in the Bahamas?

I also like the idea of a PowerBall bird - one that is as small as one of the blue birds after it has split, and just bounces manically off of everything.

I also think a Woodpecker based bird would be good (or maybe a Mynah ;) ) - that does very little damage upon impact, but when activated of left to itself starts to "drill" straight down for a short period.

For AB:Space, I have already suggested that the Green bird upgrade should make it spin on the spot, creating a gravity well. The orange bird, when inflated in space should not lose any velocity and when inflated inside a gravity field should either be immune or only mildly affected by the gravity.

I have also just thought that the White birds upgrade could be strafing - once activated, s/he drops 3 egg bombs in succession, bearing in mind that once the first one has been dropped s/he is going to shoot off at a tangent as s/he does now. And if s/he hits anything, no more eggs will be released.
  • name:stork
    color:brown
    beak color:yellow
    Weakness:brick
    ability:shoots out in a zig zag form
    shape:oval
    expression:angry
    beak shape:upside down wide half oval
  • I just can't imagine Rovio continuing to release games without one that has the Pigs getting smart and developing some new material that protects themselves from the Angry Birds better. This would be an easy tie-in for a new bird that is the "rock" to their "scissors".

I'm picturing the new material being metal, the Pigs can be enclosed in a box that is extremely hard to knock over with the birds but a new electric bird can be used to hit & charge the metal conducting its voltage killing the pig inside.

Or maybe developing some space force field and only this new bird can pass through it
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!