Oh no! I had to do a factory reset lost my Angry Birds data (Android).
  • I had to reset my Droid X and totally wiped out my Angry Birds data (I think). I assume I have to start over. Is there anyway to recover the previous levels I had already completed?
  • 14 Comments
  • Unfortunately, there is not. If you're on an iOS device you can try restore from a backup, but unless there something similar for the Droid X I think you're stuck. If you have a friend that plays on an Android as well you might be able to get the LUA files and restore their progress on your device. I realize that is a long shot.
  • Thanks. So how can I back up Angry Birds, Seasons and Rio so I don't lose my levels again?
  • @aminoff
    You could try syncing your phone to a computer... According to Desire HD man, (AKA dad. I'm the iOS guy in the household :P) when you connect it to the PC, it should give you options on what to do with it. Open it to view the files, and try and find the LUA files and copy them on your computer so you can restore them if needed.
  • I don't know if you need to be rooted, but if you look in the /data/data/com.rovio.(angrybirdstitle)/files directory and save off the settings.lua and highscores.lua files.

If you have rooted, you can also use Titanium Backup and backup the games that way. I'm not sure if the temp-root options will allow you to use TB if you don't want to fully root your phone.
  • I am not rooted. I connected to my computer and searched for .lua files. It tells me I don't have any .lua files. I also don't seem to have a data directory. Could it be on my card? I am using a Droid X.
  • I think that unless you are rooted, you don't have access to the data directory. You can potentially look into temporary rooting options. Check out z4root, or other options.
  • Aren't their apps in the Android Marketplace that give you access to the file system without having to root your phone?
  • I would like to know that (apps that give access to the file system). I have heard mixed messages about rooting the phone. What is the consensus here. To root or not to root? That is the question.
  • I looked for apps that allow access to the data file system and couldn't find any. So my question is, if I don't have access to the data files (*.lua) is there a way for me to backup by Angry Bird files so the next time I have to do a factory reset I don't lose all of my scores?
  • Search the Android Marketplace for, "ASTRO File Manager". You could also try the instructions here, but that may be more work than you are willing to do.

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/91/tutorial-angry-birds-android-backup/
  • Thanks for the help BirdLeader and others. I found the app 3in1 Angry Birds Backup that looks like it will do the trick. Also ASTRO File Manager is great. It does show the .lua files. I am not sure how to move those files into dropbox.
  • Let me know how the backup tool works for you.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!