Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 3
  • 1033 Comments
  • I found something odd about poached eggs 3-5 today. I could have sworn I had three stars on all levels, but after downloading today's update, 3-5 only had one star. so I played it and wound up checking out a walkthrough video. the weird thing is, on all the videos I found, the top pieces of the pig house are made of concrete, but on mine they're ice. I'm pretty sure I remember that part being concrete my first time through the game. Plus, now that it's ice the level is really hard to three star. my high score is 107670 and that's only good enough for two stars, but I'm only leaving a couple wood blocks intact. is Rovio making little changes to make old levels more difficult or is something weird going on?
  • Nice catch.
    Same here :(
  • Check other Topics in the forum. Several levels were 'tweaked'. Rovio mentioned this in the release notes. Some of the scores needed for 3-stars were also changed.

Speculation is that the changes are to make sure the levels are consistent across all platforms in preparation for some sort of cloud sync system that will save your scores and progress to the cloud so you don't have to redo everything should you lose your information or buy it on something new.
  • Not sure whether you'd class this as a bug but I've noticed in the past that the detection of level completion can be pretty annoying when you're chasing scores, sometimes it'd end the level before everything had finished moving costing you those last few points. On the recent updates ('Mine and Dine' and 'Summer Pignic') I'm finding this is now even worse with the level frequently ending whilst large amounts of blocks are still to fall. Worse still it seems to be pretty inconsistent.
  • @zachmcd - instead of following the posted walkthrough for poached eggs 3-5, I shot the first yellow bird high and aimed it for the middle of the two ice blocks at the top of the structure. The second yellow birds was shot at the same trajectory of the first bird. It took a few minutes, but I managed to get a score of 108580.
  • @slatersm, you sure you're talking about 3-5? It has no yellow birds..
  • @bernard, oops, I meant red birds, haha. Thanks.
  • I still cant achieve the Smash Maniac in the Original AB HD game. Is this still an ongoing bug? Please advise, thanks.
  • Summer Pignic 1-5, is there a hidden pig? I've 3 starred it, but sometimes I get "Level failed" and I've killed every visible pig.
  • @epidemic27 -- same thing just happened to me. Seems like a glitch.
  • I read the walkthrough after posting this. There's a pig behind the flowers under the left side of the structure. Some yellow bird shots at that side will kill him, some won't.
  • Yeah, I just found that last pig -- half buried under the grass, easy to miss. Thanks.

Not a glitch after all, just operator error.
  • I got the smash maniac achievement today (AB Original, iPad). All of a sudden it popped up, couldn't believe my eyes.
    BTG
  • Seasons Easter all levels are 3 Stars. The
    Easter Egg on page 3 shouldn't it have all Stars?
    They are grayed out. Anybody know why?
  • The stars will light up once you beat the Big Egg level
  • When I figured out that my score addict achivements didn't update I got upset. But then I thout maybe if I turned on an off my iPod maybe it would update so I did and when I opened up angry birds it the game center told me "welcome..." then immediately it gave me my achievements.

No I do not have smash maniac I think it's bugged.

I do not have the mighty eagle so no I do not have feather achievements but I have total destruction in lvls 1 2 3 and 5 I'm going to get 4 rite now.

Like I sed I'm all legit no mighty eagle all 3 stars on all lvls
  • @imlegitz The Mighty Eagle gives you neither stars nor points; just feathers.

The "Smash Maniac" debate is an interesting one. Personally, I believe the achievement is bugged for the oldest users (pre-GC). But for newer users, I think 500,000 is just far more than most people think...
  • I'm currently trying to catch up and complete all achievements when i complete my mission and get 3 stars on every level in the paid versions of the games. Only problem is I can't access the levels in "Go Green, get lucky". The button does not work. I have tried using the other facebook button on the other season episode but that does not work either. I am running the latest version of the game. Anyone else that can confirm it not working?
  • This is a known bug that is only affecting Go Green, Get Lucky. Hopefully Rovio will fix this glitch with the next update.
  • It seems that carnival achievements don't work.
    Anyone else has this issue ?
  • The new carnival achievements aren't working for me either.

Also, today's Rio update made me lose all of the collected fruits and I have to get them all back. Luckily it's my day off. :P
  • Yeah, achievements definitely aren't working. I emailed Rovio earlier today to let them know.
  • I got Rio update yesterday and it has remnoved the Coming soon part on Carnival but it wont load any of the levels??? Anyone else got this problem??
  • New here! I think there's a glitch in Summer Pignic 1-24. A couple of times the blocks on the far side have fallen down before I could launch my first bird. It seems to happen if I wait a few seconds before launching the first blue bird.
  • @nomad2012 What type of device do you have? Have you tried restarting it or downloading and installing again?
  • Is it just me, or is there no score addict acheivement for Rio Carnival Upheaval? (iphone4)
  • You are right, there doesn't seem to be one.
  • Just wondered if anyone could help me. I had three stars up to hang em high and was almost there and the next day I went to open angry birds again and it wont open. It just flashes black then goes back to the menu. I definitely don't want to start all over. Its on my Droid phone. All other angry birds open fine. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? ?? Thanks!!!!!!
  • @slick01 Have you tried rebooting your phone and then trying again?
  • I have even tried taking the battery out. . I even tried opening it from the app site. Still no good! ! I am past frustrated! !
  • Is there a download or something. I can try?
  • i was checking my scores for angry birds and i noticed that i was missing a star on the first chapter. this was weird since i have the golden egg for getting all stars for this chapter. even more annoying is that it has taken away my star from level 3-5. my least faverioute level
  • Yeah, Rovio has been tweaking levels on all platform
    read this: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/discussion/204/tweaked-levels
  • i just noticed that the summer pignic golden egg ordering is wrong. when u click on the rightmost one and go to pause menu it says egg 22 but when you finish it it says it is golden egg 21. same happens with the other golden egg. says its 23 in pause menu but when you finish its egg 22. maybe theirs another golden egg?
  • Looks like the Summer Pignic achievements are not registering on gamecenter, either (at least score addict, which should've popped up for me this morning but did not).
  • @BirdLeader -- Well said. Bugs seem to be multiplying as these games go forward.
  • Agreed. Achievements for Rio: Carnival not appearing either. Bugs bugs bugs. :-\
  • I confirm that it's impossible to unlock the Smash Maniac achievement. In Seasons, I find it's also impossible to unlock the Bunny Hunter achievement.
  • @srduck -- smash maniac is not impossible for all -- I got this achievement a few months ago. However, it seems that it may be impossible for some, as many, many people think they should have it but do not.
  • Hm, I got bunny hunter rather easily, still no smash maniac for me, and I've been playing this game for a year and a half
  • Ben, did you get Bunny Hunter recently? I'm wondering if it got broken in a later version. I purchased the most recent version of Seasons. But I've played the Easter one through with 3 stars on all of it and have spent the past 3 days dedicated to replaying its levels to get the Bunny Hunter achievement. I've greatly exceeded 300 bunnies as there are often around 3 in each level and I've probably cleared levels at least 300 times. I just don't think it works in the latest version.
  • The Summer Pignic-Score achievement doesn't seem to trigger either. It's supposed to be awarded at 3,398,000 points. I have 3,405,060 and it's not showing. I've played several levels since reaching the 3,398,000 points. I've even tried exiting the game and turning off my iPhone. Maybe internally in the code it's expecting a higher trigger score.
  • I am having the same issue with the Summer Pignic score achievement. I have 3,626,700 and have not triggered the achievement.
  • I couldn't tell ya exactly how quickly I got it, but it came during my time beating the Easter Egg Episode, I've had it since Halloween, so your theory might be correct.
    I'm also 200,000 over the Score Achievement, and it's updated all my achievements except that one. Sigh
  • Ben, all the other levels, I've completed the 300 whatevers during getting 3-stars. With the Easter one, I can't get the Bunny one and I've spent many additional days just smashing up the levels repeatedly.
  • Maybe we should make a new list with all the bugs that Rovio still has to fix.

On iPhone I know about these bugs:

#1: Angry Birds: The achievements Feather Picker and Feather Collector are not shown in Game Center, even if you have more than 100 feathers.

#2: Angry Birds Rio: The achievements Stellarvore, Samba!, Papaya Perfection and Carnival King are not shown in Game Center, even if you have reached everything necessary.

#3: Angry Birds Rio: The Score Addict achievement is missing.

#4: Angry Birds Seasons: The achievement Summer Pignic - Score Addict is not shown in game Center, even if you have more than 3,398,000 points.

#5: Angry Birds Seasons: The achievement Easter Eggs - Score Addict is 34 points instead of 30.

#6: Angry Birds Seasons: If you finish a Summer Pignic level, it shows your score of Trick or Treat.

#7: Angry Birds Seasons: The golden eggs are not numbered correctly.

If you know any further bugs, just add them to this list.
  • Great job, Chriss. A few more that are a bit more sporadic:

#8: Some loading issues still exist in ABO for a small group of people

#9: There have been a few reports come through of people's Golden Eggs going missing for no reason.

#10: In Rio many people will get all the fruits, but it will say they only have 14/15 and all the labels will be gone.

#11: A few people have reported that they have purchased The Mighty Eagle yet they can't use it. When they tap the icon they are prompted to purchase it again.

#12: Go Green, Get Lucky Facebook levels don't open.
  • #13: Bunny Hunter achievement isn't working with the latest version of Seasons.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!