Level Glitches & Bugs (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 2
  • 1033 Comments
  • @Victor, Yeah to be honest I'm a little frustrated by that. It was a VERY challenging level and many of us worked REALLY hard at acheiving that 3-star, and now it's easy as pie. Though I guess a level of that kind of difficulty would be better reserved for a golden egg or something like that and not a free version of the game where I'm assuming the main purpose is to get people to buy the full version. Oh well, I guess I just feel like my accomplishment is lessened.
  • I just beat level 3-5 without firing a single bird. Score 133850. I just kept restarting the level until the building collapsed itself. This was done on the pc version of the game, still trying to repeat this on the ipod.
  • @landovr, I've heard about this. Kinda funny.

@FujiToast I agree. My position on this is simple: if it's impossible fix it, if it's not, leave it alone.
  • Do blocks count as smashed if you restart the level instead of finishing?
  • @hoyt1993 I've always wondered that same thing. And also whether they count if you smash them with the Mighty Eagle. Cause I've smashed a LOT of blocks and still no smash maniac achievement.
  • I doubt that the Mighty Eagle blocks count. I've received other achievements while playing levels, so my guess is they count even if you don't pass the level. Who knows.
  • @BirdLeader, Good point, I hadn't even thought about that. When playing a level and you break enough ice blocks for the ice picker achievement it announces it right away, not at the end of the level. Also with that logic we can probably assume that all your blocks smashed at least up until the Mighty Eagle is tapped would count as well.

This brings up another idea I just had, RIGHT NOW, for rovio. It would rock if we had a massive stats area for all blocks smashed, pigs killed, birds flung, time played, etc. Much like the extensive stats menu in Smash Brothers for GameCube back in the day. How cool would it be to know all that stuff? And from the way the achievements are tracked I wouldn't think it would THAT difficult to implement. The ideas are flowing, Rovio, keep an eye on the ABN forums. ;)
  • They have the data, so it's definitely feasible.
  • Atomic Santa Hat Glitch has been fixed in v 1.2.0 update of Angry Birds Seasons and it has been confirmed by arttu, designer workin at Rovio Mobile.

Source: https://twitter.com/4r2/status/37778639768653824
  • @mightyeagle, dang that was my fear. I tried to replicate the explosion after the last update and couldn't do it. That was an awesome glitch and I'm VERY disappointed.
  • @FujiToast Me too! :( and because of that glitch Score Addict Achievement (2,080,000 points) in Seasons Greedings was easily gettable compared to Trick or Treat (4,100,000 points) and Hogs and Kisses (1,650,000 points).
  • Android just got an update, I was deeply excited for a minute butt was all bug fixes. So its running about twice as fast on the Evo now. Recommend any one with glitches using the Android get this one, 16MB but it works
  • I enjoy the game ( android free addition ) and have all golden eggs except 8. This golden egg is not recognized despite the fact I have 3 stars on all levels. Anybody have advice to solve this issue ?
  • android Angry Birds seasons St. Paddy's Day, the Pot O' Gold will not unlock for me even though I have achieved 3 stars on every level. Please help thanks.
  • I got 100% on 6-4 took a while though
  • Glad I found this forum! Happy to contribute -

Levels which didn't have a 2-s score (when I determined their 3-s min. scores) -
    ABF III-1
    13-2
    13-6
    13-13
    13-15
    ABF IV-2 didn't have one but with the Level V update it was fixed and the 3-star level was decreased from 94000 to 80000 (much to my dismay, I might add)

Although levels HK-7 and SF(hk)-3 are the same, the 3-star level for HK-7 is 84000 and for SF(hk)-3 it is 90000.
  • Achievements shows "Total Destruction" for Episode 5, but "Finish Level 14" still shows incomplete. Anybody else having this problem?
  • So I have been playing this game since June. I realize that some have been playing longer so me not having smash maniac shouldnt be a surprise. But have made one observation. The block smasher (50 000 block) I achieved reasonably fast. I would think that 10x that amount would have come and gone. I emailed Rovio about this issue and that responded that game center and crystal wre responsible for that information and not Rovio themselves. I haven't emailed either party for it just isn't worth my timejust to get the run around. I am top of local lists for several levels and would think that getting score addict achievements alone would be enough to get smash maniac.
  • Leaderboard::Rio::topscores

I was wondering what Lukered5 had to make the highscore for Rio, and i compared them with my scores. But somehow they don't add up correct. Almost in every level i have higher scores, but still he has better total score? Maybe a bug?
  • I got Smash Maniac after 4 months. But I did more than just get the Addict Achievements and play normal. I played 7-1 and Egg-14 over and over almost every night for a couple hours at a time average. I did not try to use Mighty Eagle for levels. I waited for the level to finish completely until I got the screen with COMPLETE or FAILED, concerned that the increment of smashed blocks is tossed away otherwise. After almost a couple months of doing 7-1 and Egg-14 this way, I got the Smash Maniac right in the middle of the level as things were exploding.

Thanks for the tip on 3-5 completing with out firing a bird. I will try it. I noticed Halloween 3-3 almost collapses completely, but so far I need 1 bird for it.
  • In 8-3, does anyone show the name"ETHAN" on their screen?
  • Yessir, the level was designed by 'Angry Birds biggest fan', and he goes by that name
  • @dw14ers -- ha, I never noticed that before! Guess I never zoomed out on that level to be able to see it. How odd.
  • Anyone else on iPhone whose golden eggs never have numbers on them? I don't have numbers on any of the Angry Birds games.
  • We added the numbers. In the game the numbers appear when you pause the level.
  • Ah! Thought I had a glitch. Thanks!
  • I may be in the wrong place, but I just want to CRY. I just took a look at RIO, and all of my Bananas & Pineapples are GONE. I have no idea when they went away. I am NOT looking forward to getting them back, and even worse, I'm scared that if I do, I'll just have to do it all over again when the next update comes out. :*( Any advise on what I may have done, or how I can stop this from happening again?
  • @Celeste, First, what type of device are you on. That might help somebody come up with a guess as I haven't heard of this happening. Have you tried restarting the device and/or resyncing it?
  • I'm on a iPhone.(3G) I have a co-worker that is also on an iPhone and had the same issue when the game first came out.
  • @Celeste I've seen a few comments come in regarding this issue, so you're not alone. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a solution. Have you tried emailing [email protected]? I'd be curious to see what they say.
  • I haven't emailed them. Maybe I'll give it a try. I've already gotten everything back, but man a couple of those levels were annoying to have to do again. If I email them, I'll let you know what they say.
  • in my angry birds on android it paused randomly when i first got the latest update without pressing pause
  • help....i have completed smugglers den and jungle escape in Rio but the third level has never opened up? any ideas? have i missed something? thanks very frustrated...
  • You need to update your Apps. You'll get the beach.
  • cheers mate, im on an andriod phone and cant find an update! any ideas where i should be looking?
  • Did you download it originally from the Android Markerplace or the Amazon AppStore? Right now, it's only available in the latter.
  • its was on the andriod marketplace.
  • Per Rovio, the update for the Android market should be out towards the end of the week.
  • great news, thanks for the update......am beyond hooked at the moment...lol thanks
  • Glitch in Rio 6-13 where the marmoset on the far right frequently doesn't die when the TNT blows up. It just blasts way off screen somewhere and you're left wondering why everything is apparently destroyed but the level is not completed.
  • Hello. I'm a newbie with a new iPhone 4. I'm stuck on a level 10 something, and the big fat red bird is bouncing on a hard hat so the game won't end. It seems to be going on forever. What can I do? I feel really stupid about this. Tell me if I should ask this somewhere else. Thanks for any help.
  • This is just one of those things that happens occasionally. Sometimes the level will end after a little while but there are times where it will never stop and you have to restart the level. Sucks I know. To Rovio's credit they've put a lot of effort into making sure that this doesn't happen too often. Ironically, it used to be that the levels would end too soon so you wouldn't get all your points, fortunately that doesnt happen very often anymore.
  • there are some levels it happens more often then others.
  • @BirdLeader - I realize that at the top of this thread you stuck out the bit about the Golden Egg #17 for Android Users not being able to get the star, but it just happened to me after finishing The Big Setup level and I've got v1.5.2.

I play on the Xoom tablet, and I'm not sure what difference it would make, but it's a frustrating annoyance after struggling with some of the more interminable levels.

Sure wish I could do something about it...
  • Correction - I've got v1.5.3 (really should get some sleep at this point, but...) I could be missing something, I'll try it again later and report back...
  • OK - a bit of resolution. I was doing something wrong and I fixed that and got my star... I'm gonna shut up, shut down and get some sleep, so don't mind me...
  • @TruckDriver Hope you're rested up! :)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!