lowest score challenge (Moved to the "New Forum"!)
  • 255 Comments
  • Go on then, name a level, let's see what us "Gods of the least collateral damage" can do!
  • @HappyShake -- This could be fun. What level do you want to try first? Think it would make sense to have 1 level per week in the forum for a while to see how many people are interested.
  • ok, great - give me some time to pick a good level.
  • Found one - easy one for the start

AB Space Big Dipper 6-2

I managed to finish it with with 3 dead pigs and less than 3000 collateral :
    one star 17930 points
  • Loving this, but locked in battle with Rat over Cosmic Crystal 7-11 today, and also in a serious girlie competition in Seasons. Choices, choices......
  • @HappyShake Humpf! This isn't as easy as it seems. So far lowest 1 star score I've been able to get is 20670.
    How many birds did you use to pop the pigs?
  • 1 bird for the pig at the TNT and one for the other two. The remaining 2 I wasted before the game timed out.

This is far more challenging than one might think. I would love the idea if Rovio came out with a chapter for that. Let's say you start with 100000 points and for all the damage you get points deducted. What is left after the level is finished is your score. Especially with levels where there's TNT you have to tread very carefully.
  • @mvnla2 forgot to include that. Have to get used to it.
  • @HappyShake -- Down to 19410. That's it for now. May try again later.
  • Well -- I was going to say you don't need to share your strat immediately, but then, maybe it's a good idea. You didn't say how / where you aimed though.
    You are trying something very different from what I tried.
    Score of 19410 was aiming 1st bird at reduced power just above stone triangle on boat; 2nd at reduced power medium high arc to get pig next to TNT without exploding TNT; 3rd underwater for remaining pig; 4th high backward arc to waste bird without hitting any coral/seaweed.
  • OK -- Down to 17970. 1st bird at slightly reduced power to hit underwater pig and right edge of boat, eventually causing pig in boat to pop. 2nd as above. Rest wasted.
  • @mvnla2 I did it the same way only that I reversed your bird 1 and 2 - lets see if anyone joins the competition. I'd say winner picks next level, but it has to be Space, Seasons, Star Wars or Rio - I don't own the other realms.
  • I'm sure someone else can do way better (or is it worse?) than this.

1: Straight at and through bottom pig.
    2: Weak shot into stone triangle.
    3: Weak shot bounced off roof of the boat to land on the last pig.
    4: Wasted.

I had lower scores after the first two shots a bunch of times but I kept messing up getting the third pig (set off TNT, large rock rolled down, or didn't pop pig).

1. bottom pig 5150
    2. weak shot to land on rocks 10220
    3 weak into triangle 16760
    4. wasted

A lot of stuff moved, but nothing died on third shot. Lucky!!!!!
  • @happyshake--Next
    I know this means nothing, just fun, and nobody gains ANYTHING by lying, but it would probably be good to capture the screen to prove your claim.
    BTW, beat that score HappyShake!!!!
  • I'm down to 17280 - it's all about the boat collapse. I hear myself saying "shhhh-shhh" when it happens and the point clock brutally keeps klicking higher and higher :-)
  • make that 17160
  • Oh no! We've attracted the attention of @rat! Hey rat -- I thought you were only interested in high scores?
  • Oh no. I love a challenge @mvnla2. And as much as it pains me to say it, I always get low scores. Proof is in the pudding. I shot at the boat and the only thing that died was the pig. No collateral damage.
    Has anybody figured out how to avoid the extra 150 on the bottom pig. Where's that come from?
  • @rat that's the moustache ;-)
  • Gotten down to 17380. Finally figured out the "weak shot under the boat to lightly land on back pig" shot. In a happy turn of events one of the first times I tried I set off the TNT and ended up getting a high score. Oops.
  • Good grief I'm as useless at this as I am at achieving top scores! 21790 is my lowest so far!
  • @Mumsie -- I know exactly how you feel. It is not as easy as you might think. There are some tips up above. Good Luck!
  • That was my lowest with all the tips!
  • No new scores in three days? Come on flingers. I wasn't trying to stop y'all from playing for the low score. There's still three days left on the challenge. I was just trying to make it interesting. I really don't mind if you beat me.
  • Another fun one would be Space 6-6.
  • @Rat Ask and you shall receive. Not as bad as yours... yet.

1: Shot under boat to lightly land on top of back pig.
    2: Wasted
    3: Very light shot into bottom pig to float up into boat.
    4: Shot backwards into ground as soon as the last pig popped.

I've had the level end before the final pig popped if I wasted the extras too soon and also had the boat fall apart more if I waited to long hence the shot into the ground as soon as I won to end the level as quickly as possible.
  • Best I got so far is 17650 using @sntrooper strat.
  • if anyone is interested I killed the pig on the far shore with a cry - that way bird musn't land on the rocks. Still can't beat the rodent
  • @happyshake--What does a cry- mean? Just checkin' in to see how many people have trounced me. Don't give up. I was surprised when my score came up.
    Good LOW score @SnTrooper
  • Oooh! Something @rat doesn't know? If you tap when the red bird is near a pig, the pig jumps and can pop himself.
  • I'm down to 17700. I'm quite pleased with that. I did the "cry" first as I find that the most difficult, second into underwater pig, and the bird floated upwards knocked the boat just enough to kill the pig. Wasted two remaining birds.
  • Funny how that TNT blows up almost spontaneously. I can name Seasons episodes where the whole of a ginormous structure falls on the TNT and nothing happens.
  • When you say pop himself @mvnla2, do you mean he actually pops? Gone, no bird?
    Good score @hunnybunny. Still some room for improvement though. Times running out. Hurry, hurry.
  • Yes, Rat, he pops, pig gone, no collateral damage, as long as the birdy doesn't hit anything else. Even I knew that, but never thought to use it here!
  • What happen to this weeks selection @happyshake? Or does the winner of the previous week pick?
  • yeah, this is going for ten days now and it does not seem as if anyone can beat your score. Winner picks the next.
  • @HappyShake--What? No award ceremony. I wanted extra tickets for friends and family (lots of tickets for the family). They all wanted to come to the first Annual Rat Memorial, (He ain't dead yet), Angry Birds Lowest Score Challenge. Whoo Hoo
  • NEW LOWEST SCORE CHALLENGE SELECTION

Another Easy one. Space, Red Planet, 5-4.
    Tip o' the Day: Don't let a pig touch the rocks.

I'll start it off with 61580
    I used all three birds into the pig cluster.

Good luck flingers. (or is it bad luck you need to get a bad score?)
  • 59900, used all three birds through the gap between the gravity fields

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/hunnybunny/album/picture/6456/
  • This has to be the most awesome challenge ever, something interesting to do when not flinging for maximum points and frustrated by the randomness of the physics :)

It has some ironic application in modern history and warfare - there are a lot of new weapons used by the US Air Force that are designed for minimizing collateral damage. Stuff like precision guided small diameter bombs that used to be considered "too small" to be effective during the Cold War, various soft-kill munitions and even plain metal rods scattered in a cluster bomb canister, all in the interest of reducing collateral damage.
  • @HappyShake
    Would be nice if you would edit the main post to list the levels and the winning score. If this continues, it's going to get harder and harder to find out what the challenge is.
  • @Les Toreadors -- Hope you see this. Every time a see a post from Pigineering, I think it would be nice to devote a forum to Pigineering exploits. I know you have a Facebook (or something) page, but a lot of people don't use facebook and would enjoy your creations.
    BTW -- In the next few days, I'm going to add a Pigineering location on the real Pig Island in the Bahamas to the ABN members map in groups.
    Yes, I know this is totally off topic.
  • @mvnla2 done - new challenge is up
  • @Rat that's a great choice for a low-score level. Surgically remove the pigs - perfect.
    my score so far is 60700 - but I'll keep on trying
  • If my calculations are correct then the lowest possible score on this level is 58,300 since every pig is 5000 points and every bubble is 300.
  • another half an hour shooting and I'm down to 60220
    @hunnybunny thats an amazing score

with this challenge I learned something that I did not realize before. It yields more points if you kill a pig by explosion than passing through its bubble or pushing it into something else liek a wall or another pig-bubble. This seems to be the top score strategy here: Don't use the power of the bomb when pigs are near.
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster I found out a few things. If you pass through a bubble it is 500 points. If you push pig against wall and bubble busts - bubble is 600 points. To get @hunnybunny s score which is less than 5500 in average there has to be a way to blast the bubbles for less. I think (but that is very difficult to to find out exactly how much) that it is less if 2 pigs collide or a frozen pig busts a bubble.
  • Nice deduction @happyshake. @Hunnybunny must have it pretty close to rock bottom then.
  • I came up with 5160 per pig and bubble, as first pig and bubble scores that, multiplied by the eleven pigs. Therefore the lowest score available is 56760. I've certainly got close to 57500.
    Ha Ha, Seasons girl is teaching the Space lords.....
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!