ABSW II Character Swap Survey
  • Just curious whether people are using character swaps and / or telepods.
    Scores with and without are allowed on the ABSW II leaderboard, because there is no way to verify that scores were obtained without them.

So, if you're interested, please answer the following:
    Have you used in-game available character swaps?
    Have you bought / used any telepods?
    Have you posted any scores with character swaps or telepods on the leaderboard?
    If you have, what do you think about them and what platform have you used them on?
  • 29 Comments
  • To start this off:
    I haven't used character swaps or bought telepods, so
    obviously, I haven't posted any scores with them.
    Seems like a real downside of using them is that once you use one, even just out of curiosity, and get a higher score than without, you have no way to tell the scores apart.
  • I've used the character swaps. At first just out of curiosity (intentionally failed the level afterwards), and then to get a few bonus boxes that were difficult to reach with the given birds, and then I reluctantly spent all my coins on buying them and unlocking most of the bonus levels. Never used them for completing a level, let alone getting a higher score.

I haven't bought any telepods. The idea of taking a ton of little figures with me everywhere is ridiculous, and they're not available in shops over here anyway.
  • I do not use Telepods or do character swaps. I prefer the simplicity of the older style games, minus the Powerups. What first attracted me to the game seems to be disappearing. I expect future games from Rovio will follow the model of SWII, and that makes me a bit sad. I have only been playing AB for just over a year now, but already I can see the end of my AB journey approaching.
  • I've used a TON of character swaps- only for the purpose of unlocking Rewards Chapter levels. I'm not entering my scores for ABSW2 anyway.
    I'm also asking for the Jedi vs Sith multipack for my birthday, and I only will be able to use them at home anyway since they require Internet connection.

EDIT: This is @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster. Forgot to sign out of my sister's account- again.
  • @all -- Just added a question about what platform you have used telepods on.
  • I used TELEPOD Mace Windu to unlock the Reward Level on my iPad. I got a few of them, and I think the technology is pretty cool. I haven't bothered to use the in-game ones yet since I want to see if I want more TELEPODs before using the consumable in-game ones.

One big plus for me: BL, Sal and I split up most of the levels when recording. If I came across a hard level and (say Sal) already 3-started and recorded it, then I could use a TELEPOD to make it a little easier on myself. Just accelerates the process a little, though it wasn't a huge point difference.

That said, I don't have a Vader TELEPOD so that might be a huge point difference.
  • I've unlocked all but Dark Anakin, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Grievous, Padme and Anakin Padawan via character swaps. They're all too expensive for the few coins I have left, so I plan on buying Padme and Dark Anakin via a 2-pack. I'm getting Grievous and Anakin Padawan for my b-day, so I hope the unlock codes in the toys give me coins to finish off Vader and Boba Fett.
  • @AngryBirdsSpaceMaster -- Somewhere, probably the other forum on telepods, there are some hints on how to unlock all the characters.
  • @ABSM You can get enough free Vaders to unlock the bonus level, as a reward for completing achievements.
  • Till now I didn't use swap. I'll always play the game the way it's basically created.
    But I think I'll have to do it to get the rewards levels? But I'll never post a score with swap or with PU in other AB version
  • I have not used either, don't know how to use them.

I am baffled at how I will unlock the bonus level birds without them though.

Would be cool to have a guide on how best to unlock all these extra bonus levels.
  • I've heard that some of the characters you can purchase with coins are limited use & others are unlimited. How do you tell the difference in the in-app store?
  • Myselfandme, the bonus levels are unlocked by getting enough points with each character. That's what the meter-thingie is after each character at the point tally after you've done a level. If there's no more meter, you've got a bonus level for that bird.
  • I haven't really used the telepods,I have sometimes used the character swaps to be able to get the hidden objects in levels I have not used character swaps to complete a level or improve my score and I am probably going to only use the character swaps to unlock all the reward levels.
  • @VegasKitten You have the option to purchase either 10, 30, 100, or unlimited usage.

See more: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-star-wars-2-the-lowdown-on-telepods/#in-app
  • Thanks. I just found it & came back to admit I must have been having a Duh moment! Lol
  • I oredered two large sets of telepods (Exclsive Set of 12 telepods and star Destroyer Set with 10 telepods) and still waiting them to arrive. With this combination I should collect 15 characters in total. I can't wait to try them, hope I wouldn't be disappointed. I will follow this and similar threads to see people opinion and advices on character best swaps.
    I haven't used in game character swap, I'd rather save them until I get knew them (and their powers) better. I don't want to waste them.
  • I have started using the character swaps because this is the only way I can see to get to the reward levels. But I have not beaten any of my scores with a character swap. My goal with the swap has simply been to get the most points with the swap spcharacter and ensure I complete the level. Not focused on maximizing level points.

I have no telepods and no plans to use them.
  • i used a few random charecter swaps, i used darth vader and padame, i have not posted the scores i got with them though.
  • Have you used in-game available character swaps? - Yup! they come in handy
    Have you bought / used any telepods? - yup! i LOVE them
    Have you posted any scores with character swaps or telepods on the leaderboard? - I've never posted any scores on the leader board before
    If you have, what do you think about them and what platform have you used them on? - what i think of the in-game character swaps & telepods? i love them. platform: android gingerbread
  • I have used both. I have Anakin Sith and Jedi Luke Telepod (Rovio sent me them. I won't purchase one), and TIE Pilot permanent Char Swap.

However, Char Swap and Telepods are only for unlocking Reward Chapter, and nothing more. Also I always waste some birds or pigs to prevent being highscore.

I use Galaxy S3 on Jelly Bean.
  • @DK_Kim -- Can you get a Bobba Feit telepod? Lots of people are wondering if they really exist.
  • I dont have ABSWII, but if I did,i would use character swaps and not telepods because what you can get for telepods you can get in game with the in-game currency, so its just a waste of money.
  • This is an interesting discussion.

I've just 3-starred episodes one and two without using swaps, which means that I've collected enough of the main characters to unlock the rewards levels for those characters.

The only one I haven't got enough of is R2D2, and I'm not sure why. I can't even remember what levels he appeared in, although I think it must have been the bird side on Naboo Invasion.

I would be very unlikely to purchase any telepods; just don't need more stuff, although the technology is interesting. Also, I seem to have racked up enough coins so that I could at least get some additional character if I wanted. Although if I did that, I wouldn't enter my scores on the leader boards. So maybe I'll just wait until the next episode is released, and presumably those additional characters will appear.

I do like the concept of swaps; it's just that it makes the idea of leader boards completely chaotic, which is a shame. It's funny that the technology of the game play has advanced so much, but no attention has been paid within the game to recording & reporting information about how you achieved your scores -- whether using PUs or character swaps, or whatever. Wouldn't you just want to know for your own information, so that when you try to beat an existing score of your own, you'd at least know how you got that score?

I'm playing on an iPad mini, and unfortunately upgraded to iOS 7, which means I can't switch back and forth between ABSWII and anything else, like Chrome, without ABSWII completely restarting. So I'll either have to run both ABSWII on my iPad and enter my scores using my laptop, or write them down and enter them on the iPad. Also makes checking walkthroughs a major pain.

There, sorry, too much information, as always. But that's what you get when you ask my opinion. As you well know, @mvlna2!
  • I haven’t intentionally used an in-game character swap yet – (I accidently used one once).

I have bought telepods – I have 15 different ones (16 in all as I’ve doubled up with the Emperor).

Yes I’ve posted telepod scores on the leaderboards. If my score is particularly good, I have commented on the appropriate Walkthrough page. Some of my telepod scores were not particularly good so I didn’t bother mentioning that I’d used one. On one level I mentioned the 2 different scores I achieved – i.e. one with the given characters and one with the telepod. For my own information, I keep records of all my scores and always try to 3 star the levels with what is given before trying a telepod. So far, I have found the telepods much more useful on the pig side than they were on the bird side in Naboo Invasion.

What do I think of them? I think they’re brilliant fortunately because downunder, to buy them from ToysRus cost me an extortionate amount of money. Everything we buy over the counter in Australia that’s related to gaming always costs more than overseas/on the net. (If I choose to buy any more, I will do so via the internet but only if I can get exactly what I want. I don’t wish to double up any more.) I am super impressed with the technology. I have Darth Vader and to date he has given me my only top score but despite his unique power it is not often suitable for even 3 starring a level let alone achieving a top score. Rovio has very cleverly created levels that, in my opinion, more often than not (so far), the given characters are the best ones for 3 starring/high scoring.

I play ABSWII on an iPad.

Re the pods themselves, I’m well pleased with them. They’re well made, detailing/colours are good and since I’m a bit of a figurine fan, I’m glad I have them.
  • Finally got my telepods, combining 2 sets I have 18 different telepods in total.
    To answer @mvnla2 question
    I didn't nor I will use in game character swap. For some strange reasons ones that I got through gameplay I wan't to save as trophies and I will not use credits for buying more characters.
    As said I purchased them on eBay and Amazon as they are not available yet in my country. So far I used only Darth Vader.
    I haven't posted any telepod score yet. I will check my below average scores and see if other players gave any explanations for best swap strategy on particular level. I'd get them try. I will keep my clean scores here on leaderboards just for comparations between "clean" and "telepods" scores as they are not distinguished in game and GC leaderboards.
    I LOVE telepods, they are fun to use. I will buy them more and I hope I'd get them all soon.
  • I'm trying to collect TELEPODS. I only have the Jedi vs. Sith Multipack and the Battle on Geonosis packs so far.
  • "Have you used in-game available character swaps?"
    Yes.
    "Have you bought / used any telepods?"
    No.
    "Have you posted any scores with character swaps or telepods on the leaderboard?"
    Is this a trick question??? Do we have a character swap leaderboard???
    "If you have, what do you think about them and what platform have you used them on?"
    I love the character swaps. I think they are great and should be added to the original ABSW. I use them on my Android phone and tablet.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!