Thread for PC Users - Only for issues/problems! (Moved to the "New Forum"!)
  • 116 Comments
  • @iBird - Haha, you stole my thought as I was thinking about this kind of thread too :D

I would think it's okay to post also other stuff than issues or bugs as long as it doesn't get into the whining about delay of updates?

Only problem I've got is the Big Mooncake -bug in Seasons. But that should be fixed in the next update. Oh, and I've also got another problem: My damned mouse is broken! And now I'm waiting to get some money to buy a new one, 'cause this one is totally unusable in playing anything. The left mouse button gets stuck when it's pressed so not even a chance to play, 'cause the birds are flying all over the place and activating by themselves. :(
  • @Lisko - Yes, you can post other stuff than issues or bugs, except whining about delay of updates :)
    And Yes, Big Mooncake Bug should be fixed in next 3.3.0 update :D
  • Good idea for a thread! Hope it´s not going to be like the old thread where everyone was complaining.

I have a question: Can you zoom in and out on a level by using the pointer (I think that´s what it´s called) or the keyboard. Because I don´t have a mouse.
  • @Badpiggies - Sorry, I've got no idea about that, 'cause I've got a desktop so I'm playing with a mouse :/ Hopefully someone else knows :)
  • Zooming can be done by using:

Scroll-wheel on a mouse or touchpad
    Up/Down arrow keys
  • @AMslimfordy It did not work with the keys.
  • @Badpiggies - Have you tried the arrow keys so that you press Ctrl at the same time?
  • ^ Oh, okay, then I don't know what to do, 'cause like I said I'm playing with a mouse, so it's easy to zoom with the scroll wheel :/
  • I know that. I used to have a mouse, but I forgot it at a hotel once and I am getting a new one in a few weeks.
  • Try to pinch two fingers on the trackpad. Some (or maybe most) trackpads on laptops support multi touch gesture
  • If Birds' advice doesn't work, I believe all trackpads since about 6 or 7 years ago have a "scroll wheel" built into them. Usually it's done by moving your finger vertically along the right edge of the trackpad.
  • @Birds Thank you! It worked, but it´s really hard scrolling with the touchpad. Because my setting was to enable scrolling on touchpad by moving your finger in circles on the touchpad, but it works!

So thank you everyone for helping me :)
  • @Aman - I can't see any update available? o.O
  • @Aman - YAY! Thanks for the link! I just tried to open the game 'cause before it has been giving an announce if there's a new update. Wohooo, the timing couldn't be better 'cause I my son just went to take his naps so I'll be flinging :D

Edit: And the Big Mooncake bug is solved too! This really is a great day for me :D
  • @Lisko - Yep, a great day for PC users, LOL :D
  • I had to reinstall ABeasons to get the update.
  • Executable links should not be posted here.

To download demos, go to download.angrybirds.com or download.badpiggies.com.
  • Sorry @AMslimfordy
    But http://download.badpiggies.com link does not exist. It redirects to Facebook Page of Bad Piggies.
    I have posted download link because Rovio removed ''Download Demo'' button in angrybirds.com.
  • That link takes me to the BP download demo page
  • @BadPiggies - Weird. It takes me to Facebook Fan Page of Bad Piggies.
  • Which web browser are you using?
  • @BadPiggies Google Chrome
  • Strange, I´m also using chrome.
  • @BadPiggies Really Strange! You are on a Mac or PC ?
  • Windows 7 if that matters.
  • I'm using Windows 8 Pro PC. But I think it does not matter.
  • @Aman You'll have issues because technically the games from Rovio's Shop are not compatible with Win8. They are designed for XP/Vista/7, as said on their product descriptions.
  • @Aman you might try to check windows store and search bad piggies. If there's nothing in it you can play bad piggies via virtualbox (Mac/Win7/Linux emulator) by oracle (just google it)
  • @AMslimfordy - OK! Thanks for info. ;)

@Birds - Bad Piggies windows 8 app is not available.
    And All windows 7 softwares & games are compatible with windows 8. I can play Bad Piggies, downloaded from Official Site of Angry Birds.
    I just said that http://download.badpiggies.com link does not work for me :)
  • I'm not sure whether I have an issue or not. I got the new StarWars download fine, but only have the first 20 levels. Obviously the last 20 episode are available, because of the scores on the leaderboard, which I though were only ios. But I noticed several PC users posting scores. Does anyone know where I can redownload the demo to see if I get the last 20 episodes? Thank you.
  • @waimea - So far PC has got only the first 20 levels :)

Edit: I've posted the scores for the first 19 levels, but there is a bug which doesn't allow me to 3-star the level 20. The bug has been reported and @slim already passed the info forward so hopefully it gets fixed soon...
  • Thank you @lisko. I thought so, but was surprised to see some PC scores in the second 20. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!
  • @waimea - Maybe they are playing also on iOS or Android? Not sure, but at some point there was some discussion that it's ok to use both scores if you're using some other platform than PC. That's only explanation that I can think of!
  • That's kinda what I'm thinking too @lisko....But now I DO have an issue. After 3 starring the first 19 levels, I've done #20 many time, with 2 stars. Just now I finally got a 3 star score and I got this message: ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value (call stack not available). I click OK, and it closes StarWars.....not to mention doesn't record my score. This has happened twice now so I'm here for some help (hopefully).
  • @waimea - That's exactly the same bug I told above :D
  • Jeez @lisko, I just read all the posts in the newly reopened thread and I don't see anything like that. Am I blind??? (;
  • Ok, I just saw the post in the glitch forum. I assume it's not fixable by us (only Rovio with a bug fix)?
  • I think so, hopefully they can get it fixed as soon as possible. Fixing the mooncake bug took pretty long time :/
  • @lisko....I see why you added the ':D'.....Your post was almost exactly word for word of mine! (;
  • @waimea - Haha, yep :D I edited my post above just after sending it so maybe you answered just the at the same time :D

But yeah, that bug almost drove me crazy yesterday, 'cause after a hundred restarts I was always able to get 1 or 2 stars and when I saw that my score went over the 3 star limit I was already jumping around and celebrating and then I got the error messagwe and the game just crashed. I thought that it might be just a small bug and decided to took another 100 restarts to get 3 stars again and what happened? The same error and CRASH! At that point I took a cold beer and closed the game for the rest of the day :D
  • Same thing happened when I tried 3-starring the last level of Bobba Fett´s Missions.
  • the mooncake bug is not fixed or me. I don´t have all stars and I got the 3-starr golden egg and I have all mooncakes and I have not opened that mooncake.
  • The Mooncake bug is 100% fixed. Rovio sent me the code themselves.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!