AB Friends Coins. In Game Currency all AB Games?
  • I see a new trend of almost all games doing the Free to Play IAP approach. I don't mind that Rovio is going this way (honestly they will be left in the dust by these other companies if they don't) & I think Friends on mobile is the first release of a new approach they could take with all future releases.

I don't know how I feel about the coin system yet but I think it fills a much needed void for people that don't mind playing more to unlock the features your can pay for. I think that's the key for all IAP games. You need to entice players to play but need to allow them to get enough for free but also keep them on the cusp of not having enough to generate that impulsive buy.

I admit that I would love to have the ability to play levels over and over in order to get more coins to buy Space Eagles rather than only ever being able to get them through IAP.

There's my rant. What do you guys all think about the potential of coins (as IAP & as rewards for extra gameplay) being introduced in all games?

P.S. - How sweet would it be if these coins were able to be won in different ways depending on the game but your total would sync between all games which would let you buy any number of Eagles, Powerups, or other future IAPs in any game you want. Think...winning Friends Tournament and using coins won for Mighty Falcon in Star Wars
  • 5 Comments
  • My comment is a bit unrelated but I think it's within the realm of conversation.

Nothing specific to Bird Coins, but

I liked how Rovio did Path of the Jedi and Boba Fett Missions. You can either pay to unlock them, or play to unlock them. I think that's a solid strategy.
  • I find that the coins in Angry Birds Friends are senseless. You earn coins to get Power Ups. It is the same function as the Daily Rewards in the other Games. Finally comes out the same !
  • I would like bird coins to be in all games so that I could unlock power-ups through gameplay. I would just hope that if they were implemented you would receive coins for all the previous stars you had.
  • If there would be Bird Coins in all the games, then PUs & Mighty Eagles may be possible on PC.. I don't want PUs on PC, but I want Mighty Eagle as it is useful in many difficult levels...
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!