Notice a problem with this Forum or this site? Post'em here Page 2
  • 182 Comments
  • @iamMighty Thanks. Does it happen after you close your browser and come back or does it happen during the same session (e.g. You're just going from page to page when you get logged out)?
  • @CmdrBond, The drop-down menu for your username in the forum isn't supposed to show. That's just the way it is.
  • I have the same problem as @iamMighty. I get logged out every 30 minutes or so when I'm browsing around the site. I have Windows 7 and Chrome.
  • @blahalb09 - well thats weird then, because the drop down works fine from the forum in opera.

Maybe a stupid question, but why should it be that one menu does not drop when the rest do? And why design it that way?
  • Weird, before that dropdown menu wasn't available, but now it shows. But it's really glitchy on my PC.
    @CmdrBond, only the Walkthroughs, Achievements, Leaderboards, About, and More tabs have dropdown menus.
  • @blahalb09 - When I said the rest - I meant the rest that had sub-menus - my bad

BTW, the drop down for my user name has "Your Boards", "Your Profile" and "Edit Profile" as options - I presume this is correct.

As I said, showing in the forums in Opera.
  • I just finished the code to get the profile drop down working in the forum today, hence why you didn't see it before. Was a pain in the butt, but it works now. If you noticed glitches be sure to refresh. If that doesn't work email me a screenshot and I will take a look.
  • @BirdLeader Sorry for the late reply. It happens when I close the browser and then visit your site by every, say 5-10 minutes or so.
  • @BirdLeader - thank you sir, you are a star.

Seems to be working for me in chrome right now.
  • @iamMighty is your browser set to clear its cache upon browser close?
  • Ah yes, that's what the problem was! I maybe mistakenly had that tick marked and thanks again BL and Slim
  • Hi, Why it shows "Total scores entered : -1 out of 219" in Angry birds space of my leaderboard
  • Corrected.
  • Help w/Rio BeachBall leaderboard - new here so not sure if this is the right place, but here goes: I use a PC, so I bought the Rio video to get the Golden BeachBall levels and completed all the levels, 3*, scores nothing to brag about - still all are not registering on my leaderboard. Says I've only got 11 of 15 levels and of course final score reflects that. I can see all the fields have entries and yes I refreshed and even restarted many times. I've got all the completed screenshots if needed - just not sure what to do...
  • Hey @bdub, thanks for taking the time to join ABN and enter your scores. Occasionally we have totals and averages get out of sync. Usually it's not something worry about and we can quickly fix it, which is what I've done in this case. Thanks again!
  • Hi, I would love to see the ability to search forum titles only, and when you are in a forum, the ability to search the current forum only.

Thanks for listening, this is a very well done site.
  • We will be switching forums in the not-too-distant future. We will keep these ideas in mind for the new one.
  • When I click on someone's blue username in the forum, it takes me to a forum profile, and when I click, my main profile, it doesn't usually work. How are their forum names different from their main site names?
  • That was I'm talking about, when I click on my main profile, some members take me to Rio and most of them has the forum name different from their main site name
  • Forum grabs your display name from the main site when you first visit the forum. It's a terrible system and I look forward to getting rid of if ;)
  • So even if I changed my nickname to @anonymousomeone (my username), it wouldn't change in the forum?
  • No, once a username is set, it's set. The new forum will be more in-line with the main site.
  • On mg android phone I have the problem that most of your page turns me completely blue,( leaderboard, walkthrough, achievements)
  • I'm not sure if it's a bug or what but here's the thing:

I usually check my e-mail as the first in the morning and usually there's some notifications which include the link to the post (or whatever) where my nick was mentioned. When I click the link I get to the right place and post, but yet ABN shows that I haven't read that post.

Now I noticed another funny detail. When I got to the front page of ABN it shows (next to my username) that I've got one new notification, but when I click the forum, it suddenly changes to show I've got 4 new notifications. Ok, I get back to the front page it gets back to 1. This has been happening for several days now and it's always 1 new on the frontpage and 4 new on the forum. Why is that?

It's not bothering me, but I thought that this probably isn't the way it should be working so I thought that I'll let you @admins know :)
  • @lisko, it is you have 4 friend request not yet 'click'?
    On main site it show how many item, (example, 2 freinds, 3 mention) it will show 2,
    in forum will show 5.
  • @PJng - Nope, I've already accepted all. When I click the number it just takes me to my profile page but it doesn't show what those notifications are. No new messages, no friend requests, no new mentions or anything. And no matter how many times I click the number, it always stays the same (front page 1, forum 4) o.O

Edit: Could it be somehow related to the new feature about the today's challenge? When I'm on the front page and it shows 1 new notification it tells me that there is a new leader, but it just won't reset even if I go to the challenge page. And when I'm in the forum, it shows 4 notifications, but it isn't telling what they are? Until now there hasn't been any problems with the notifications so I was just thinking that could it be about the update?
  • @AMslimfordy - Any idea about this problem? My notifications won't reset no matter what I do, I've already cleared my the browser history and everything, but it still shows those notifications. Like I said it's not bothering me, but it's confusing when you don't know if it's something you've already checked or is there something new.
  • I haven't noticed any issues so I can't really say what it might be. I haven't played the Challenge recently so I haven't seen the notification. I can try looking into that.

Alternatively, try heading to the /updates page as well. There might be some notifications lingering from our original push of that notification.
  • Oh, okay! It just got me confused 'cause I can see the notifications but I've got no idea where they are from. And that amount changes between the forum and fe. the front page so I'm not sure what it is about. Not a big problem, but it sure is confusing! Like now when you replied to my comment in the news section, I got the mail and clicked the link, but it still shows the notification like I haven't read the post where my name was mentioned. It was working just fine before but this has been going on for a few days now. I just can't reset the notifications in any way. I tried to click the number and it took me to the challenge page, but it still shows up like I haven't opened it. Weird o.O
  • @Lisko Are you referring to just the notifications that show when in the forum, or do they continue to show on the main site too? The way the forum handles notifications is a bit of hack, so I may need to figure out a better way. If they still appear on the main site that could be a bug.
  • @BirdLeader - They are showing also in the main site and what's making it more weird is that the amount of notifications changes between the front page of the Nest and the forum. At the moment if I go to the front page it shows that I've got 2 notifications, other one is that there is a new leader (which has been since yesterday, 'cause I haven't edited my score today) and the second one is when @slim replied to my comment on the news section. But when I come to the forum it shows 6 notifications, but it doesn't tell anything more specific so I've got no clue what those are.

Edit: Oh, and I mean those numbers which are on the yellow bar right next to my username in the right upper corner!
  • >> But when I come to the forum it shows 6 notifications, but it doesn't tell anything more specific so I've got no clue what those are.

This is do to that hack I mentioned. The forum notification count isn't always accurate. I need to figure out why. You should be able to clear the '2' that you have on the main site though.
  • @BirdLeader - Yep I usually don't pay so much attention to what it shows in the forum and how the notifications work in here, 'cause it seems that they are living their own life, but in the mainsite it usually has been working. Not sure if you did something while I was sleeping, but now it seems to be working again on the mainsite? At least it now gave me the chance to clear those two :D It's just weird 'cause before this I've been able to clear the notifications by clicking them, but now it stayed the same for several days no matter what I did o.O

I'll let you know if it starts to do tricks again!
  • @AMslimfordy there was another mention today that I didn't get a notification for, & isn't under "mentions" in my profile. Is it worth keeping track of them or reporting them when they happen? It doesn't really bother me, but I don't know if it's a bug in the system you want to look for.
  • @AMslimfordy it's on the main site. My forum notifications are turned off. I've noticed that about the punctuation but there isn't any & my name is in blue. The only other thing, the last 2 times I've noticed this the comment was from Stocktoad.
  • @amslimfordy , question about the new forum you are working on, will that upgrade erase all of our: userids, albums, friendships, anything else?
  • No, no, no and no. (I think there were 4 things there, right?)

Everything on the main site will stay exactly the same. The only thing that will be changed is anything with "/forum" in the URL.
  • I posted a top score today on haunted hogs 1-1 and after I left it said someone beat it. So I went back but no one really had beaten it. D^:',
  • @theanonymoussomeone No bug. In fact, the user had accidentally entered their score on 1-1, then realized it belonged in 2-1.
  • Ohhhh. ok. Something like that happened to me once, except no matter how many times I tried -1, it would till be there.
  • I've just entered the scores for week 61 on the Leaderboard of AB Friends Tournament, but I could not enter the scores for the previous few weeks.....
    WHY? It shows that "entry closed"......I don't understand......

I'm not aware that the scores must be entered during the same week. I usually took screenshots for the scores page at the end of each weekly tournament so that I could refer to those screenshots for entering scores on the Leaderboard once I'm free to login onto ABN.

Any solutions? I do want to keep the scores on the boards...
  • If you can send me those screenshots, I have authority over the time closing. But since you can no longer view specific scores after the week ends, we close entry to avoid vandalism.
  • Thanks Slim : ) for your great help!
    I'll try my best to enter the scores every week in the future.
    Where should I send u those screenshots ?
  • @AKHongKong, click Album on your profile page then click Upload Photo and choose the picture you want to upload
  • Hi
    This morning I went into AB to play the challenge and found all my scores had disappeared. I closed down the session and went back in and all the scores where there but when I clicked on ham em high they disappeared again. Anny help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Xebic is having the same problem so it obviously is not a problem with the iPad, is anyone else experiencing this
    Regards
    Windwalker
  • @windwalker Is this in your game or on AngryBirdsNest?
  • Hi @amslimfordy, thanks for the qick response. it is in the actual game when I go to AB original. The scores appear and remain there and I can actually fire the first shot but before it lands the game appears to hesitate and then comes up with zero scores showing. I could be mistaken but I think it has only been occurring since the cloud came online. The sections -Rio, Space etc seem unaffected.
  • Thanks Slim... and Fire bomb bird
    I've just uploaded 5 scores screenshots onto my album
    And just entered the scores for week 62 : >
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!