The Croods Tips and Tricks: Ask Questions, Get Help, Share your Tips (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 7
  • 1347 Comments
  • Are you still updating the spreadsheet? Well if you are, the land whales second evolution i to 1000coins and cost 5sticks and 7875coins.

I am considering getting a second whale, I got the bear owl, and that is just useless, having to use 2berry for 5 conis. But most of you would choose to level both berry bushes to 38 in production. I have 280 crystals and 16 locked in trees/rocks, and should get 102 for levelling from 18 to 21? That means I have 399 but I want to use 400 :-(

And 200 crystals to increase berry production by 12? Thats not worth it.
  • I asked Rovio and Greatday is the only code.
  • I saw that, but it did not work for me :(
    Are you using iOS or android?
  • What are the feathers for nothing eats them. And I have been full with nothing to use them for and it wants me to have 2more of them that I cant use
  • @catie -- Read the main post on page 1 and be sure to click on the blue links in the main post. It tells you what everything is used for.
  • Thank youchecking other post I did find they are just for soup.I am trying to figure out how to build up about 30000 in coins to upgrade my shark and get the next creature which is about 26000 for thetrap and animal
  • @catie -- You can upgrade animals by feeding them soup. Have you read through all the 7 pages of comments. There is a lot of info there in addition to the main post. I am not playing Croods any longer, so I can't be of much help, but it sounds like you could really benefit from reading all the comments. A lot of the more senior players have gone as far as they can go and are just waiting for the next upgrade. Also read posts above about getting coins and crystals for free.
  • I tried all the tips to get free but they didn't work. Maybe it is because I am playing on my kindle
  • @cammie -- Yes, several people have, read back a page or two.
  • Did someone have a game crash on The Croods 1.0.5? My game crashes every time when I start the game (Android 4.0.3 ICS).
  • Hey there, I got this game a week ago and have two molarbears, one at level 4, and a bunny beast. Any tips?
  • I'd be careful about trying to get all the paid stuff for free, especially sharing it all on here.
    @theanonymousesomeone read the first post it has a ton of tips. If you go back to the beginning of this post and read through you will find a ton of tips. A good group of us started playing the day it came out and shared/learned on the go by discussing it on here. You should find a ton of good info.
  • I did read the first part. Mostly I wanted to know if I should have evolved the berry tree. I already have, because I read the first post. I guess I'll go read it again to juice out all the info. Thanks.
  • Hello all, does the crystal/coin trick work on Iphone 5, ios 6.1.3?
    I generally never use cheat codes but it makes me furious how easy it is to accidentally spend crystals on low value rewards. I figure if Rovio wants to cheat us out of crystals, I'd like to do the same to them.
  • My apologies to the community for even asking the question. After watching 50+ crystals disappear, I was frustrated.
  • Has anyone heard any news on the 'update' release date yet...??

I'm getting close to completing the forklift and don't want to have to stop...
  • I just built the dream catcher and noticed that it reduced the cost of creature homes and home evolve upgrades. For example, the zeaver upgrade went from 68, 000ish to 48, 000 ish. Also additional zeaver homes are now 32, 000 ish. It also appears to have lowered the cost of other homes too.
  • Just signed up here & appreciate this site. Have for quite awhile! I just hit level 21 but it has a note 'coming soon'. I received a 100 crystals. So before I accidentally used them, I leveled up the smaller berry tree. It now has a max of 24. I have not purchased any coins or crystals for this game.

@Hunterman: Thx for the dream catcher info. I haven't installed that yet & will do so soon.

I've tried to not get rid of any trees or rocks unless I run out of room for homes. I've been installing homes before I trap the critters. Good gosh the Zeaver home took 192 hours. No need to feed the Zeaver if the home isn't ready.

Need to complete one more task to complete the fork lift ... That's a lot of sticks!

Thx to All for sharing! It helped me continue w/ this game when I was accidentally using the crystals & ready to delete the game.
  • @hunterman I guess, its not dreamcatcher effect, but balance correction prior to the first upgrade (Rovio have already made some changes, like berry bush upgrade from 6 min to 12 min). As an evidence, my prices have changed only in the last couple of days, and I have dreamcatcher more, than a week.

I think, everybody has these prices for houses now, and it doesn't matter, has he/she dreamcatcher or not.
  • It's not relevant to the dreamcatcher - mine is unbuilt and I have lower home prices as well.
  • Not trying to pass on false info. The correction must have happened the moment I built the dream catcher as I checked the evolve price before, built the dream catcher and then evolved the zeaver house. Its a nice adjustment either way!
  • I just noticed the same thing when I evolved my Zeaver home. I thought it took 68,040 but it only deducted about 40,000. But FYI, the 1st evolve takes 10 days (240 hours). Jeez.
  • I am on level 18, close to finishing it. I decided I need more leaf producing critters. Trapped one but I can't seem to build the home. I have the funds and goods, it just won't let me build. Did i read somewhere here, i need to get to next level before building the home? Is there a limit on number of homes can be built per level or what? regarding crystals, I too like many others have accidentally used all my crystals.
  • @Cbergman Under the homes in the build menu it shows how many of each home you have built and the max allowed.
  • Uf... this game is getting quite like a job :)

Now I'm in level 19... still gathering money for Zeaver home and find a good thing to be with my creatures on time. Cause production for Fish Cat, Sharkodile is sooo long...

Im starting to use one app (just search for Master Timer on app store) and save production times from this list http://d.pr/i/sDTj to favorites for animals with long production times... so i'm now available to harvest stuff on time. I hope it will also help you.

Its beeping but hey, i want to open this cave for all costs :)

I hope that they will do something with this game with next update or it will to boring to play further...

The Croods = The TimeEaters ;)

• @hunterman Is there any list for max allowed homes at level 21?
  • My son (he's 6) has started playing this game. He's on level 3 I think.. He said he needs to level up his animals by feeding them soup, (he has the maximum number of soups stored in the cave), but he doesn't know how..... I can't figure it out either. Lol. Any advice?

All I can find is the button to 'evolve'.....
  • @MasonsMom
    You get soups & money by trading goods with Ugga.
    Then just click on animal "Info" and "Boost with Super-soup"
  • Not sure if this has been posted before but if you are playing in a manner that you focus on maxing out on some resources for making soup but get a soup recipe that has other resources, you can click on the refresh symbol within the soup recipe to request a new soup recipe (which takes 4 minutes to show up).

Example, at one point I was focused on keeping leaves maxed but not feathers and when the mid-tier soup recipe had a heavy feather requirement, I refreshed the recipe and hope for a leaf heavy recipe. At that point in the game, making soup that way was the main source of coins.
  • At what level do you get the new area?
  • I've just completed level 20 (after about a month) and at the coming soon level. I noticed in the previous levels that the only way to level up was to gain experience points and that the majority of these came from completing tasks (Gran's Chores). However at level 21 it doesn't seem to get any xp's at all. I was wondering if I should wait for the upgrade (if it ever comes) and then complete the tasks, or I should just complete them now and hope that xp's earned would be applied after the upgrade.

Any thoughts?
  • I went ahead and completed all the chores - the Zeaver Evolve is still in progress, 10 days Wow!.

The XP given for each set of chores should easily advance you to the next level once the update comes. I see no reason in saving these as some take forever to complete.

I have added one of each deocoration to my landscape as well as built all the extra home except for the cat and whale ( i only have one of each) I am focusing on collecting soup to upgrade creatures and coins to evolve houses and will continue doing so untill the update comes.
  • @doublefive, I am completing the chores I have left but not collecting the rewards so that the XP gained from collecting the reward does not go to waste.
  • The app has been updated with new quests and new link between creatures and decorations.
  • how do you know
  • @lostgreybird there is an update for Android.

Despite update description there are no actual new quest, but decorations now can improve your production speed. For each creature there are three different decorations, that placed nearby can improve your speed by 5% (15% total). That's a really good addition.
  • @coveleski ok nice. I have iOS so I didn't see the update, should land later on today.
  • @Hunterman, I hope you're right for your sake - I would really hate to have to 're-earn' [not a word - I know] all those XP's.

@Alexander, sounds like a plan. I just hope I don't accidentally hit the 'collect reward' button.

Thanks guys
  • @lostgreybird ...there are three different decorations, that placed nearby can improve your speed...

Which decorations go with which creatures?
  • @HowardMoon you can find out by clicking on the creature info.
  • Ah. Had to manually apply the update to see it.
  • There is potentially a bug in the update.

I have seen the level of creatures dropped by 1 for Girelephant, Zeaver and Sharkodile when I place a valid structure near them. I am not sure if the soup requirements for animals changed with the update but even then that's not a reason for a level 3 Zeaver to become a level 2 with 1 soup feeding to level 3.

I do not see this happening only for upgraded molar bears. Also my unupgraded land whale actually shows the correct behaviour (boosted production).

Please post if someone else also sees the same behaviour.
  • All except Molebears and Bunny Beasts were lowered for me. The amount varied even among the same type up to 2 levels.
  • I thought i was going crazy till i read this - my giralaphants are all level 4, were level 5 before the update. Did not check the zeaver - it takes a lot of suop to level them up - that would be a bummer to lose.
  • Can we contact Rovio support because to me (and my programmer eyes), this clearly seems like a bug in the math they are doing with the boost?
  • Best to send e-mail to Rovio support directly.
    http://www.rovio.com/en/support
  • kinda bummin it hasnt landed for iOS yet
  • @lostgreybird -- I'm sure everyone with other platforms will shed plenty of crocodile tears for you, in between dancing around the room yelling in joy. But maybe they will fix the bug first.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!