The Croods Tips and Tricks: Ask Questions, Get Help, Share your Tips (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 6
  • 1347 Comments
  • I've messed up and it's hard to carry on playing how do I reset the game?
  • @fergus666 You should create another account, I think that would work well.
  • @easaideee At one point I had 197k coins, before buying zeaver's home and build its trap. The truth is I played a lot as I was sick at home for almost 2 weeks.

I finally managed to trap the zeaver after 254 hours and a lot of failed attempts. I was so relieved. I almost deleted the game because of it.... They really need to put a timer on traps, I find it annoying to click on the arrow, without knowing how many times you have to do that, or how long you have to wait to trap a creature.
  • @AriAnge I assume, because a lot of games do it this way, that it's a percentage chance each time you click the arrow. Apparently an abysmally low percentage in the case of the zeaver. It's likely that when you use gems to increase the odds, you're increasing this percentage. All my guess of course, but seems likely.

I have to say I've enjoyed the game thus far, and paid for some gems. But if the zeaver trap and home are any indication of how long things are going to take going forward (each animal takes longer and longer), I'll find something else to do with my gaming time. That and how freekingly easy it is to accidentally spend those precious gems. Those two things are the hump the game will need to get over for me to continue to enjoy it.
  • @Jet Zeaver's home takes 192 hours to build. I just started to build a second one, and I deliberately looked at the time to see how long it takes exactly.
    I didn't pay for any crystals, though I accidentally lost a lot of them when I started playing. I had no idea how valuable they are...
  • @AriAnge I have been out of commission for two months because of colds earaches a cough a lost tooth and I've been playing constantly until recently. I guess some people are just better players. Some know how to play more efficiently I guess.

I wish I hadn't wasted so much soup at the beginning of the game when there is a limit to how much soup the cave holds.

I trapped the Zeaver pretty quickly. I was disappointed because every time you miss you get 150 experience points. You are lucky in that regard.
  • @easaideee It might sound stupid but I've wasted soups for days when I started to play, simply because I didn't know what to do with them. I released the Molarbear at least 5 times and wasted a lot of crystals for nothing.
    I'm not a game player, I just love angry birds and when this game came out, I thought I'll give it a try... And I got stuck on it.

Unfortunately I was already at level 21 when Granny asked to build the Zeaver's home and the trap. There were no experience points anymore..
  • @For anyone at level 21

When you reach level 21 does that mean you can no longer gain anymore experience points or can you max your experience points but the game prevents you from leveling up to level 22?

What missions happen on level 21?
  • no missions on level 21 and no XP i dont think. i was debating even playing because of this, i think you lose out on all potention XP
  • Hi!
    Are there any known fixes for restoring gameplay, when the game restarts?
    The game resetting problem appears to be a known issue which has impacted a lot of people, but I can't seem to find any reports of a fix.
    Lost four weeks of gameplay through to Lv 19. Logged report on Rovio FB page, but no response.
    Just glad that the new cloud solution has not been rolled out to AB, as there would be a riot should that issue be prevalent there.
  • I build a crocopup home at the second area and captured one, it's eating in the pen. But although I evolved the home to the maximum possible with the resources available (no bones yet, offcourse). Anyway when I release the crocopup it just goes back to 'the wild'.. It doesn't go to his build home? It should because I have completed al the other tasks before? Solutions, anyone??
    Annemarie
  • @Binkelmans you should never release a creature !! when it's tamed, it'll go by itself to it's home. To tame a creature you have to feed it 3 times.
  • How do i start this game again it wont let me go to my account so i can delete it to start over?
  • Ive tried all sorts to try and get my information for this account but all of my details are missing so i can't delete the account but i was able to a few weeks ago.
  • I don't believe you can reset your progress.
    The only way to restart the game is by setting up a new account with a new email.
  • You can totally delete the app and reinstall it; this may only work if you haven't set up result storage in the cloud. I did this close to the beginning because I had wasted too many crystals before I realized how hard they were to get.
  • The game is entertaining, but the costs to achieve higher-level quests and buildings are ridiculous. When a "free" game is nearly impossible to play without spending money, it's not a well-designed game.

And OH MY GOD does the game need a "are you sure" double-check for spending crystals. I've seen too many fly out the door thanks to a poorly-placed finger.

I'm hoping the promised friend visiting goes a long way to making those costs more reasonable.
  • @Vinnie I agree with everything you say. Nonetheless I am addicted and it isn't good for me or my social life.

@anyone far enough in the game to have a Zeaver.
    Okay, My Zeaver is supposed to produce 6.7 sticks a day but it tells me that it take 5 hours to make a stick. That doesn't make sense.Does anyone else have that problem?
  • @easaideee It happened to me because I souped him up while I kept on feeding him. Just don't feed him anymore, wait until he finish eating all the fish you've already given. The timer will return to normal next time you feed him.
  • Hey fellow Crooders, use the code GREATDAY to redeem the small pile of crystals for free ;) Works only once.

I'm on level 20 and that got me around 400 crystals, just enough to evolve both berries.

What's with the level 21:
    - some say there're no experience points?
    - the quests are to own 2 zeavers, what else?

If there're no experience points left/counting, I might pause my chores until the update.
  • @corvette Could you please give us more details about the GREATDAY code? I have no idea where should I use it. If I tape on the small pile of crystals, it asks me if I want to purchase it.

Edit: I found it, it's the reedem code (settings). Thank you @corvette.
  • Click the icon on top left - settings tab (gear wheel icon) - redeem code.

AriAnge, please tell me what's with the experience points in level 21. Do you still get them? Is the progress bar with green color present? What are the quests in 21th level? Tnx.
  • Also everyone - BE CAREFUL when gathering resources really fast. You may lose them as I did numerous times before finally figuring out there's a bug.

Let's say your cave holds 125 carrots and you currently have 120 carrots inside, thus space left for 5 additional. The two molarbears have 24 carrots each planning to be gathered. Now - if you click first icon to gather 24 carrots, it'll only deduct 5 of them and dialog will appear that your storage is full. The icon for carrots above molarbear is greyed out.

Now the dirty part - if you click both molarbear carrot icons fast enough, both will get grey and the carrots from both will get deducted! Unfortunately I had this case in 10+ times when all molarbears were at 99+. So I lost a few hundred of carrots...

Knowing the Rovio's greedy side, I'd say "it's not a bug, it's a feature".
  • @corvette No, you get no XP anymore at level 21. You still have them on the quest list, but I really don't know if you still get them, or they get lost when you've completed that quest.

However, I reached level 21 more than 2 weeks ago and I don't remember exactly which the quests were. I still need to evolve a Zeaver home, Own 3 Fishcats (I have 2 now), acumulate 50 sticks and build a Dreamcatcher, then it says "More quests coming soon".

It happens to me all the time to lose carrots by gathering them really fast. Even now, I've lost 54 while reading your comment and it made ​​me laugh. LOL I told myself many times to be more careful next time, but I always forget.
  • Thanks. Did you manage to redeem the code successfully?
  • Yes I did, thank you very much! I got 430 crystals and I evolved both berries to 50. At least I regained the ones I've lost by accidentally clicking on them.
  • What does the third berry bush upgrade cost?
    I got around 365 crystals redeemed, I am level 17, stupid not just to level up first.
  • It's 200 crystals for each berry bush to level up from 38 to 50.
  • I'm on level 19. Sadly to say, I still don't know what the XP points are for......anyone?
  • This is disappointing and frustrating. I just got the GREATDAY bonus but I accidentally spent 31 crystals just now.

So not fair. This is not a very nice way of getting people to buy crystals. I certainly won't be buying any.
  • @NKing XP points allow you to level up.
  • @easaidee so, we don't do anything, it levels up when you reach so many XP points?
  • @easaideee Collecting food and completing missions gives XP. XP leads to new levels and thus new missions. Grape bushes level up with higher levels.
  • If by using the GREATDAY redeem code at level 21 I've got 430 crystals and @Zorf got 365 at level 17, it means that the amount of crystals you get, depends on the level you are? That's good to know for those who haven't used the code yet.
  • The amount of coins is equivalent to the small pile of crystals - the amount gets larger as you level up your world.
  • I heard that will appear new animals in may.... i can tell you some of them
    1.ramu it eats zeaver's sticks and it gives eggs
    2.macawnivore it eats ramu's eggs and it gives money $
    3. Liyote it eats ramu's eggs and it gives meat
    4.pirahnakeets it eats meat and it gives corpses
    5.turkeyfish it eats meat and gives flies(insects)
  • Thanks for the info @mihaitza. That sounds a little bit creepy.. Meat, flies and CORPSES??
    I guess the Macawnivore gives you coins, like the hyena and the whale.
    I don't want to think about how many hours it takes to build homes for all of them....
  • @corvette Thanks for sharing the code. I have been playing for a few days now and have reached LvL 19 with the Zeaver home building. My sole reason of playing was building the forklift, so I was disappointed to read @lostgreybird's post.

Reading this forum was helpful so thanks to all who have contributed.
  • Hey anyone know how to get more coins on the croods cause you need 2400 coins to build the rat crocodile things home and I cant
  • Does anyone know where to find the redeem codes? I know one that gives you the first pack of crystals. It´s Greatday. I asked Rovio support team and they said that you find them in Great Day Farms' egg cartons. Does anyone know what that is?
  • Thanks to everyone who gave the crystals code. I was ready to stop playing after wasting so many of my purchased crystals by mis-tapping. With the code I recovered the ones I lost so I feel better.

But seriously, Rovio, we need a confirmation dialog when we accidentally tap the "use crystal" icon. It's extraordinarily easy to do on my iPhone, I've wasted over 300 that way. These are far too expensive to be disposed of so easily. I didn't even realize what was happening for quite awhile - I'd notice that the crystal amount had decreased with no clue why. At first I thought they simply decayed! Even now that I know how easy it is to spend them accidentally and am being careful, I *still* do it! I don't mind throwing some money at game developers via in-game purchases, but I have to say that unless this crystal issue is fixed I won't be buying more.
  • I really agree. That´s why I would like more codes.
  • If you Google for "Great Day Farms egg cartons", I think it's pretty much self explanatory.
  • I did that and I did not understand.
  • If I got it right, the Great Day Farms are like a partner, and you get the code from their egg cartons. @corvette just told the code 'cause everyone's not able to buy those :) (please correct if I'm wrong). The code is same for everyone, but 'cause the game is connected to internet, you can use the code only once from a certain device.
  • @Jet I second everything you say.
  • @lisko Do you know wherd to find the "egg cartons"?
  • @Bad piggies - No idea. But what do you need them for? @corvette already told that the code is GREATDAY. You don't need to buy anything 'cause the code is same for everyone so go ahead and try it! :) There's several people who have succesfully used the code :)
  • @lisko I used the code and got 350 crystals, but I wonder if there are more codes to find.
  • I think that this code is the only one, but can't say I'm 100% sure about it. I live in Finland and we don't have those egg cartons on sale. Maybe there is someone who knows better?
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!