The Croods Tips and Tricks: Ask Questions, Get Help, Share your Tips (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 4
  • 1347 Comments
  • @cbarcell You never need to upgrade a trap. Upgrading a trap just makes your character more lucky so you have a better chance of catching the creature.
  • I wonder if someone could make a chart of how long it takes to build or evolve the different homes?

I know the zeefer takes 160 hours but I will have to evolve a catfish home to complete a mission and I wonder how long that takes.

Sometimes it kind if helps to know how long those things take to do so you can pick the missions in the best order.

I've got nothing to do right now other than try to collect 45,000 for when the zeefer becomes available on level 18 which I'll get to after I wait 70 hours to build the cat fish home.
  • Does anyone know how to catch a sharkodile ?? I've been trying for ages and couldn't catch one yet, I don't know why . :(
  • @tinafruity try your luck, there are not any special strategies to catch any creature. Don't spend coins on evolving traps, there is no need for such expenses.
  • @easaideee 160 hours to build zeefer house (or maybe to evolve?)? What do you do in game meanwhile?
  • @easaideee in order to know how long each home or evolution takes I'd have to check the timer each time I start a build. I didn't realize this until after I've pretty much started building everything I need. If someone else can give me those numbers I'd be happy to add them to that spreadsheet but as of now I'm unable to do it myself.
  • Actually, I've noticed that there is a certain moment when you should tap in order to catch a creature, but my theory didn't work this time although it worked with the other creatures
  • @cosmo2503 While I'm waiting for the cat fish home to build, I am souping up all my creatures and trying to save money for the zeefer. I don't know what you do when your waiting for the zeefer. Hint: it's probably not going outside but I've had a month long cold so I have an excuse.

@lostgreybird What are you doing while your waiting for the zeefer?
  • @lostgreybird -- I like the changes to the first page. I'm sure anyone starting now will be very glad to have all this info. (I thought I posted this yesterday, but here it was, still unfinished.)
  • @TinaFruity -- My strategy for trapping things, was to try 3 or 4 times in as quick succession as the game allows. This is usually sufficient. However, if not, I usually upgraded trap once. I never got quite far enough in game that the small number of coins required was very painful.
    @lostgreybird -- Incidentally, don't think it's in main post, but soups (and I think other items) will disappear from cave if left for a long time. I suppose they are considered to be spoiled.
    Has anyone found out what the friendly neighbor is good for?
    Since the movie came out last Fri (I think); next week would be a good time for an update.
  • I have one really naive question, one of granny's quest is to own 4 crocopups, I wonder is it possible to build houses for them before you actually have them trapped?
  • @mvnla2 are you sure they spoil I have never had this happen to me

@easaideee do real life things. I'm trying to get this last task done for Grug so I can see what happens next. It's killing me. I hope it's the end because I really want to stop playing for a bit, it's consuming too much of my life.

Has anyone seen the movie??? Is there a part in the movie that they go underground, or in a cave. I really am wondering if the next step is to remove this rock (like a man hole cover) and there is a ladder down to an entirely new set of creatures.
  • @lostgreybird -- Early in the game I was pretty sure, but it may have been fixed.
  • I have a question if i have a animal and there house isn't ready yet can i release it without it leaving again ? Will it stay and wait for its house to be ready or will it leave ?
  • You can never release an animal without losing it. Every time it's tame and ready to go to a 'house', it will always do so on its own.
  • @lostgreybird Holy Shoot. You could be right. I don't know what those eyes are supposed to be hinting at or what the fork lift contraption is supposed to do. I don't know about the movie.
  • Here's my theory. The kids are hiding under the rock. "Never be not afraid" remember?
  • Hi @all just how far you have gone in game? @lostgreybird I printed your spreadsheets and made some calculations and estimations on time and costs, well, if only I haven't already been so hooked up I'd do the best and uninstall game. I already did from phone since it is only sync to device.
    Huh, those sort of neverending games! I wonder will it be necessery to clean wilderness between two hunting areas at some point of game.
    I assume that there have to be some sort of cave below that stone, can't wait for someone's first report on what's hidden there.
  • @anyone past level 18.

Does the second berry bush ever evolve past 8 berries at a time? I'm at level 18.
  • @easaideee I evolved it for crystals. I doubt it would evolve ever in higher levels.
  • I'm at level 20 the only thing I can report that changes is that Ugga's recipes are harder. Much less berry and carrot ones and way more rock and feather recipes. So if your in a lower level focus on leveling up your animals now while the recipes are easier to fill.

I'm on the last equipment sheet for Grug, 50 sticks, 50 mud, 50 fish. I've got a few more days and ill report back.

@cosmo2503 I've made all the production time per product calculations for everything right now on my own spreadsheet. I'm currently trying to evolve a few of my animals to the next level before I update the screenshots. If there are any that people need right now let me know and I'll post it.
  • I updated the spreadsheets
  • I did a quick an dirty forums search which produced no results. Sorry if this has already been asked. I would like to install The Croods on first generation iPads used by my kids, but a popup claims that a camera is required. True? Why? Perhaps iPad 1 is not powerful enough? Any way around this requirement?
  • Thank you @lostgreybird for all your eforts to keep us informed and prepared what to expect. This game is so cool, I can't put my hands off iPad, production has become so frenzy, I don't know what to pick up first. I assume that you play some games like this one, is it common to have such long waiting hours or this is Rovio's exclusive?
  • @pats I haven't seen any use of a camera yet. I wonderi if its because the processor is older

@cosmo2503 I actually don't play a lot of these but become very addicted to them when I do. I started Clash of Clans a few months ago and yes the waiting is the same. Right now in that game I'm at a point where everything takes up to 3 days to upgrade. The positive in that game is that you are always able to make troops and attack other players games. The Croods is great but while addicting to "collect them all" you are really just swapping food from different animals with no real goal
  • The real money cost of crystals just went (somewhat) dramatically lower.

It used to be 4.99 for 130 crystal and now I can get 370 for the same price. I don't know if that is because of the level I am on or if some algorithm guessed based on my usage that that's what I'd pay or if this has happened to everyone.

It seems like a much better deal. I wonder if they were planning to lower the price all along to make its value seem better.
  • How can I go to the other side? I completed the requirements twice and Grug went to the green rope and nothing happens. Help please
  • @suzie you need to do it 3 times. Each of Gruggs projects costs 3 of 3 lists of equipment. So a total of 9 lists. He'll then build a slingshot and shoot himself into a tree that falls to the other side making a bridge
  • Wow, level 21 is the last one (for now), and you receive 100 crystals, as a reward.
    Next level is marked, as "coming soon".
  • @coveleski MEGA congratulations. Did you spend any real money for IAPs or played game totally free? Anyway, you did it first.
  • @cosmo2503 No, I haven't spent any money. I'm far from completion, because there is the last Grug's set, which includes 50 sticks, and my first Zeaver home is still not complete. So it's far from over.
  • @coveleski I hope you don't lose any of those precious crystal from accidental presses.
  • @easaideee Unfortunetly, I have lost close to 70 crystals during the game, but these new I immediately spent for berry bush upgrade.
  • @coveleski these games seems like neverending, but you are close to finish Grug's last request before next update. I believe that new update will come when they estimate average player who logg on daily and play 1-2 hours can complete current version.
    One question for @all - should I be savy on mud? what is mud's rule in game, something like stones and feather? What is Zeaver food?
  • God I lost about 160 crystals on accidental presses. Every time that happen I actually wanted to close info bar.
  • 54 Berries makes 54 Carrots makes 18 Leaves makes 6 Bones makes 3 Fish makes 1 Stick. So for every stick you have to process 54 Berries.
    If your intention is to feed animals then switch off over night and wait for the produce evolve homes, and the critical path is Berries, Carrots, Leaves, Bones, Fish, so don't worry too much about feathers and stones. If you are going to sit there and press buttons all day, feed the animals up again in critical path order to speed production up. (But you'll get loads of soup by trading with Ugga anway to get the cash to buy some of the expensive homes in the latter stages.)
    Though it is nice to have all animals don't waste crystals on the Bear Owl or the Land Whale, you need max through put so use the crystals to evolve the Berry bush
  • @cosmo2503 mud is used to built (like Zever's) and upgrade houses, but that's all. So it's really like stones and feathers. Zeavers eat fish.
  • @pats Apple provides no way for a developer to exclude apps from being bought and installed by older hardware other than to require that that hardware have a camera. So my guess is that a first generation iPad is too old.
  • @coveleski thanks, I assumed it's only building material but wasn't sure.
    One good thing is that creatures won't die if you don't feed them.
    More questions - when you have more then one house fore animals which one you evolve? I have 4 crocs one is leveled up to max and others are still at level 1. Should I chose to evolve the most productive animal's house or other and then evolved his house.
  • @cocmo2503 If you have no chance to play this game very often, than you better upgrade your houses, not just one to the maximum, but all of them sequentially. This way, when you return you will have more resources.
  • Granny's quest for 3 catfishes and 2 zeaveers is sooooooo discouraging.
  • @cosmo2503 my advice is to buy all available houses and creature at your current level, so in this case you will be ready for all these types of tasks.
  • @coveleski that's good advice, so far I don't have enough coins for all houses and strangely I'd feel so miserable to see that I have no single coin after all those days trading with Ugga. All hard earned "money" spent in second that hurts.
  • @all Do you swap berries in trading with Ugga? I usually ask her for an other recipe. It's hard to me to give berries for such low price.
  • @cosmo2503 it depends, if you need soups for level-ups, than cheap resources, like berries and carrots, are the best, if you need money, than of course berries are not a variant.
  • @cosmo2503 you've gotta take the berry recipes when you get them, they are the least valuable food you have. They spawn automatically and take the least amount of time to make. If you think about it a leaf doesn't actually take 7.5 min to make it actually takes almost 10 min because it takes about 12 seconds for the berry, 1.5 for the molar bear to make it a carrot, and 7.5 for the elephant to make the leaf.
  • Thanks @lostgreybird I actually started to trade with cheap goods and it really speed game. I am still on level 19, waiting to finish granny's request to have 3 sharkodiles.
    Is it matter which of houses should be evolved if I have two of them?
    @lostgreybird what's up in your game? Have you finished forklift?
    @coveleski what about your play? Have you discovered what's under that rock?
  • The third task for the forklift is daunting. I would be surprised if someone had finished it already. The "massive 50's" will take a while to get through. I busy myself meanwhile with upgrading animals primarely, and homes secondary. Maxing levels and homes takes a while too, but atleast gives you the loads of "gold" needed for the latter homes.
  • The sticks and mud cost a ton in crystals to speed up so you're better off just waiting it out. I think the sticks are made 5/day so you're looking at 10 days of constant fish feeding to the Zeaver to get there. I should know by this weekend because I'm sick of dedicating so much of my life to this game.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!