The Croods Tips and Tricks: Ask Questions, Get Help, Share your Tips (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 27
  • 1347 Comments
  • @catie, you are one of my first friends, I remember. Are you on an Apple device ? In game center if so ? I have 22 friends there that play Croods. FB is > 160 that play. Do you have friends that you are sure they are Players in FB etc ?

First in 'gear' tab is option to disconnect from FB. Do that now. Now if IOS, close all open running apps. (slide 4 fingers up, hold icon till wiggle, hit all red minuses until all gone from bottom slot.) Now for both IOS and android, shut down device until power is OFF !

Power ON, start up device, begin Croods only. i.e. don't start buncha other things. Do that later if you must. Back in 'people' icon from upper left... should be in center tab. Option at bottom to connect to FB. Do that. For me it takes over 60 seconds to process all my friends before any show up in neighbor list. If over 120 seconds, exit neighbor list and click back in, sometimes comes up faster that way. You should at least have some of those players you are SURE are playing. Like the ones with a croods icond and part of their name has 'croods' in it. Most are players in mine. Plus many others.
  • Does anyone on this message board have a fully boosted Liyote? Or a fully evolved home for them? I'm just curious what they look like 'maxed' out.
  • I regretfully have one fully evolved to level3.
    From lev1 to lev2, cactus is bit thicker, taller, and some flowers added. 6 cue
    From lev2 to lev3, cactus is a bit more thicker, 2x flowers, 3 (THREE !!) eggs to make one fruit. 10 cue
  • THX @InHisName All of my homes are evolved to 2 and don't think I'll change them if it increases how many eggs it takes to make a fruit. I don't understand why Rovio would do that. It makes it counter productive to evolve the homes, especially when I haven't been able to max out their storage.

BTW: What's your game handle? I'm James Crood.
  • Inhismame I have tried everything and nothing works. Even sent it to rovio. I play on a kindle not sure what platform this is. Can you still see me
  • @catie, It used to work for you a while ago did it ? Do you have a registered account with rovio ? Or do you just play the 'guest' account ? And, Yes, I can see you when I visit to you. rovio keeps a copy on thier servers for neighbor visits since many people aren't always logged in 24x7.

A Kindle is NOT an apple product, so I assume its an android of some kind. If you have a registered account with rovio, then you could try to play and visit from a friends device. Android phone, nook, kindle, tablet, etc. All they need is to install the Croods game and to have "your" facebook settings setup. Then when that game logs into FB, it might just work for you. After this long involved experiment is done, I will be out of further ideas to try.......

If you are playing the guest account, do NOT register an account with rovio at this point. Too many more complications may surface.
  • Now that many of us have built up a whole load of crystals... and collecting, does anyone use them at all? If so, what would you use them for? The top priority has always been to upgrade the berry bushes. But that has been done ages ago. I suppose the second priority would be for trapping land whales. What else is it worth using them for?
  • If I needed coins only and not soups, maybe I'd get more land whales and run leaves to make coins.

Let's check math....
    5,400 berries becomes 100 sticks. Souping sticks might make about 10 soups and 76,800 coins.

Using those same 5,400 berries to make leaves gives me 1,800 leaves. I think each leaf does 50 coins. So that's 1,800 * 50 = 90,000 coins.

However I now need over 1,000 soups, yet. So souping when offer is > 5,000 coins. Slows up using my resources but adds many coins slowly.

Oh, yea, more Whales, more souping needed.
  • Today I updated my "The Croods" pictures album on FB. If any neighbor wishes to have a look at my real world, you're welcome. Just go to my FB profile which is /claysonafl, after FB host.

Credits go to Aprold for inspiring me the homes setup.

I haven't made any crystals purchase, just collected them. All creatures are Level 5 and all homes are Level 3 with all decorations. All my resources are over 100 for each creature. Right now 5.1 million coins and 1615 crystals.

Granma and Grug asks me if I've finished all the achievements, but I'm not interested into completing the last one, which is to own 10 million coins. I just prefer saving my resources to make soups when new creatures comes out.

As InHisName just commented above, the Landwhale is the most profitable and efficient solution for making coins instead of souping or time passing. Let's have a better look at 2 situations:

* 1. Considering resource value in coins:
    In 10 hours of continuous gameplay, you have 6,000 berries from the 2 Berry Bushes.
    Souping these berries alone you get 6,000 coins.
    With 6,000 berries you can make either:
    111 Sticks = souping for 85,248 coins
    or
    166 Muds = souping for 95,616 coins
    or
    2,000 leaves feeding 5 Landwhales = produce 100,000 coins

* 2. Considering time to make coins:
    Some says that souping is quicker, but if you consider time, get 10 hours of gameplay,
    you can get either:
    4 Zeavers to produce 32 Sticks = souping for 24,576 coins
    or
    4 Fishcats to produce 48 Muds = souping for 27,648 coins
    or
    5 Landwhales consuming 600 leaves = produce 30,000 coins

I took the max speed of each creature (Zeaver=19.2/day, Fishcat=28.8/day, Landwhale=10/min) to give this demo. These are the numbers, but each one of us play and decide what is best for our own gameplay to be fun.
  • SHINY don't you think new tasks for granny and grug will pop up if you finish the last achievement? I have almost built all the homes I am allowed except for bear owls, land whales and liyotes. It will be a long road for me to get to the last achievement since I don't buy crystals. I am so glad I finally got a way to make crystals (Thunk) since I foolishly spent most of my original ones speeding up production on really silly items.
  • I made some calculations myself and I agree with @SHINY, the best way of getting money is by using the landwhales.

Anothes way of seeing this:
    - 1 mud "costs" 36 berries and "soups" for 576 coins - that's 16 coins/1 used berry
    - 1 stick "costs" 54 berrise and "soups" for 768 coins - that's 14.2 coins/1 used berry
    - the landwhale "eats" 1 leaf (3 berries) and "produces" 50 coins - that's 16.666 coins/1 used berry

If you start with an empty cave and some berries, in one minute you can collect coins already. I usually fill the landwhales with leaves, and only after they are running at full capacity i direct the leaves to croc-shark-cat/zeaver line to get mud or sticks.

Anybody having 10.000.000 coins? That's the only achievment i am missing.
  • @the spaz, for a while I've thought new tasks could show up if all the achievements were fulfilled, but as I've seen how the game works, there are new tasks when we reach new levels, which is not possible now, since XP points are at their max and we're stuck on 25th level.
  • @ SHINY I just see locks where they ask if we have completed all the achievements. That is not what it used to say after the locks. So I am just assuming something would unlock if we did. But I am sooooooo far away from having 10 million coins and I refuse to spend real money on games.

Has ANYONE completed all the achievements?
  • I seem to have a very odd glitch, I used to fill up my berries then put them in storage and go onto another game and come back and they would be full again, same for all the animals, now when I leave the game everything stops growing and to make soup it now says 6 minutes rather than the 5 before a new recipe comes, anyone else experiencing this? This may be the end for me...
  • @flexnation
    Mine still blinks on 5 minutes before changing to 4 minutes to make a soup, and my berries and animals all still work while I sleep or play another game

However
    I have noticed that when I re-open croods the last I had shows on the screen for a few seconds before it "loads" the new information. I hope yours IS just an odd glitch that is rectified soon and will not be the new trend for everyone.

I still think experience should be unlimited and we just "skip to the new level" when they finally make it.

Instead of 50/50
    then 100/100
    then 1000/1000 -- as it is now

it could be
    level 1 -50
    level 2 - 150 (total)
    level 3 - 1150 (total)
    for example.
    I know a lot of other games that run like this - the % still works well but it shows total experience rather than just for one level AND it means that we would still get experience for all our "busywork" souping up animals while they think of and program the new levels/ideas.

They could even have a few levels specifically for souping without any other quests, or even a quest to -fully level up a land whale ( or ramu or molar bear or whatever) - as the only quest for the level. and with 12 animals so far on the game ? - that would be another 12 levels they could add in including the premiums which they give enough free crystals for.

So many smaller ideas that would mean more levels and less boredom and waiting in between. AND less people "quitting" due that boredom and waiting.

Just my humble opinion, but wouldnt that encourage game play and even spending of some crystals ? --and if they said "own a full zoo" meaning all allowed animals ( 9 molarbears =5 bunny beasts etc ) this would definitely encourage more play and even possible real cash purchase from those who want to get through the levels quicker rather than the 15 per day earned by thunk and the few for visits to friends. ??

anyone have other ideas on this ?
  • @flexnation, I've noticed my android game does that on occasion, where the game clock seems to freeze during app standby. Very frustrating to come back to game after 18 hours and find it had advanced only 5 minutes since last left it. At first I thought it was because I was hitting power button to go to sleep, rather than lettting device just time out and go to sleep. Twice I caught it doing it when I let it time out and sleep. Also my IOS game hasn't really done that to me that I can remember. I see you are one of the Game Center members, so you are an IOS based player. That bums me out to hear that.

Try the other method of letting it go to sleep, maybe the clock with continue ticking that way for you. I agree, stopping the clock would really RUIN any further game play for me too.

@the spaz, I am short of several awards: 200 decorations, 50 & 200 removals, and of course the 10 mils. I am only at 5mil+ on two games, If I get to 9+, I might put in 200 decorations, then remove them. By then I might have added the last mil. Tween now and then, I'll need ummmm, 400,000 berries to collect ? Uggh, that's a lot. If I could collect 4,000 per day..... that's nearly 7 hours of perfect collecting. And do it for 100 days, I'd make that number. Hmmm, I've been playing since the begining (March?) that's 200 days and I''ve gotten 5.4 mil, but bushes were smaller at begining, so mayyyybe.

EDIT @lucylastic, boy! you really hit it on the head! THAT would put much more oompah into my play for a long while more, it they did that. Count my vote in for your suggestions.
  • I still have three achievements to complete: 200 traps, 200 decorations and 10M coins. I am trying to go for the 200 decorations. My area 3 now has more skulls than a cheap horror film!! Do decorations that have already been removed still count?

200 traps will be painfully slow. Although now we can do two at a time, since both taming pens can be used for any animals. Any tips from those who have already done this? How did you do it?

If I remember correctly, when getting the 1 million coin achievement, the coins earned from friends/neighbour visits did not count. I don't know is that was just a bug and if it still applies to the 10M achievement. Anyone reached there yet? I am still on a poor 2.3M!
  • @mohsie, As for 200 decorations achievement, yes .. you can include those that have already been removed.

200 traps achievement, it’s just trap and release. If you release them, the coins spent and the resources used to trap will be returned to you. But not the resources used for the 3 feedings.

10M coins! It will take a very long time to achieve this. Whatever you have earned before the recent update will not be counted. Just like the 1M coins achievement, the counter started only at the recent update.
  • Hi all,
    I am new here in this forum. Seems you all know each other for a long time :)
    Today i got to level 25, was playing about 6 months. And i would like to ask you some questions.
    1. How do you find friends out FB, cause i dont have any not in fb and also not in friends list that play croods. I have seen someone has found another person just by nickname, i tried the same but nothing. Can anyone help me please?
    2. At level 25 it seems unusualy longer takes to get xp, is that right?
    3. Can i finish the game without collecting 10m coins? And how you check how much have you already??
    Thanks guys!!
    Chompe
  • Is anyone else getting the "this game requires internet connection" error message?

Have been getting it intermittently for a few days now, and I have a very strong connection.
  • I have been seeing this for last hour or so multiple times. Then it works for a while again. It must be their servers are going down and up lots and lots.
  • @InHisName
    Thank you -- it is good to know it is not just me.
  • Hi all. I see a lot of mention of 10M coins and using 200 traps. Is that an in-game achievement (from Gran) or a Game Center achievement for those who have iOS devices? I'm on an Android device and I don't see either of those. Also, is everyone else at Level 25 holding off on cashing in on the rewards Gran has outlined or are you collecting your reward even though there's a "Max Level" stamp on Level 25?
  • For all you optimizers: if you have NOT upgraded your Liyote homes to max level, and it still only takes 2 eggs to create a fruit, souping fruits gives the best value by a significant margin.

Mud "costs" 36 berries and souping gives 576 coins, for 16.00 coins/berry.
    Feeding Leaves to a Whale gives you 16.67 coins/berry, but no soup.
    Fruit "costs" 18 berries and souping gives 384 coins, for 21.33 coins/berry !!!

(...unless you upgraded Lioytes to max, then Fruit costs 27 berries for only 14.22 coins/berry.)

Luckily I had only upgraded my Lioyte homes to level 2 before checking this forum. :)
  • @SoloAz: 10M coins and 200 traps etc. are iOS Game Center achievements.

Don't cash in the rewards if you're at max level, the XP just goes to waste. I cashed them in to see what happens - and nothing did. :(
  • Actually, the achievements are not exclusive to iOS. I have android only and see those achievements. Soloaz, you have to hit the button that shows the level you are on and then hit the little trophy icon on that page and voila, you can see them.
  • @Putteri: Thanks for the heads up on the rewards and sorry you found out the hard way. :-/

@the spaz: Found 'em ... thanks a lot! :-)
  • @Putteri: It's not a problem if we upgraded the Liyote homes, we can always remove it and build a new one :)
  • Does anyone have all 5 bearowls and land whales?
  • Were you smart enough to get them in the beginning? Or a sucker like me? I now have to wait for Thunk to play around to get enough crystals! Oh wait, maybe you bought extra crystals? I can't bring myself to spend money on these games, but boy do I invest my time...sheesh!
  • I never buy crystals.

I'm on oldie wrt The Croods, but swapped to Hay Day when they (Rovio) let us wait for months for the update. I had/have enough crystals to set traps for the BearOwls and LandWhales.
    Currently 1500+, but I know some players on this forum have 2500+, because they kept playing The Croods when I stopped and started with Hay Day.

What I find funny is that I already had 5 times an add at the beginning of The Croods about Hay Day. :)
    Hay Day is much more fun, versatile and social. You can help each other, trade with each other, there's much more interaction between players. It's really much better then The Croods if I'm being honest.
  • Does anyone remember how many crystals you start out with? I blew through mine in the beginning not knowing I needed them for bear owls and land whales...wah! Now I only have one of each and have to painfully wait every 8 hours for grug to only give me 5. This is going to take for ever.

Is there anyone who has achieved 10M coins? That just seems so far fetched to me.
  • @thespaz
    Not reached 10 million yet but slowly working on it.

Are you joined to facebook ? a lot of us are on there to be neighbours, and by visiting your neighbours you can sometimes get some gems. at one stage I was getting like 40 gems per day from visits.
  • Alas, I refuse to be a facebooker. I have OCD and am well aware of the fact that facebook would consume me. This game already does...LOL! So, maybe in a year or so I will have 10M crystals.
  • @thespaz I wouldn't worry about the whales and owls. Having one of each for the novelty is cool, but any more than that is a waste. I never use them. Coins are the only thing they make. I have almost 3 million and couldn't care less. I mean what are they good for?

As for visiting neighbors it's not really worth it either. You can spend HOURS visiting and still not get any gems.
  • I've gone hundreds of hours without visiting anyone, thusly no crystals. When I do visit, I have noticed somewhere around 14-18 visits in a row I got NOTHING extra. No +20 coins, produce, nor crystals. Then what broke the run ? A crystal, go figure ?

I have noticed that the probability seems to fluctuate with the clock. I seem to find it pretty terrible most of the day with exception of one period of several hours. For example one time I went 11+ hours straight harvesting berries, making leaves, and visiting (nothing else) - so a two hour block in middle of swee spot produced 75% of the days crystals. The other 25% was earned by the other 9+ hours of visiting.

Here is my discovered sweet spot. UTC/GMT times Beginning around 1300 - 1500 and ending around 1700 - 1900..

I propose an experiment: Several of you do 2 hour runs: Start at 1400 hours to 1600 hours. Then one more two hour bock 12 to 16 hours later (so you can re-visit the same people). Then post here your results. The question is: will over 2/3 of us have better results with sweet time than the other time slot ?

During those two hours, harvest all the berries and while waiting for the bushes to fill, visit like mad. You may need over 100+ neighbors to fill two hours of intense visiting. Plus you'll have nearly 1200 more berries added.

--Hey @the spaz, If you're on an Apple product (IOS), there is the game center to get friends besides the FB way.
  • Don't forget the secret redeem code: GREATDAY (it should still work)
    That will get you almost 400 gems
  • Hey guys.
    Please could you add me as a friend cousr i dont have any.
    And do you know which animals are needed in area 2??
    Thanks a lot!!

My nick is chompe
  • @Chompe are you on Facebook? If not, like InHisName said if you're on an Apple product (IOS), there is the Game Center to get friends besides the FB way. You can add me through Facebook - Just look for James Crood (that goes for anybody reading this BTW).
  • @jetlabels thank you for the answer. Could you please tell me how to add you cause i couldnt do that in games centre...
  • The Game Center is ONLY if your using an Apple product, otherwise you have to use Facebook.
  • Has anyone else found the cat? If so what does it do besides sleep?
  • @ptucker well.. mine growls if I click on him.. but otherwise at this stage he just sleeps and growls when you click.. he doesnt even eat for now.

:)
  • The problem with Liyotes are that the 5 Ramus aren't enough to produce eggs to feed all 5 Liyotes, since all mine are at 5th level and their homes are fully evolved, thus each of them eats 3 eggs for a fruit. That's why I consider best for money 1. Landwhales, 2. Muds and 3. Sticks. This way I often keep producing resources without ending and gaining coins (6 million now).
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!