Which Game Will be the First to Stop Updates?
  • Easy enough. Which of the Angry Birds games will stop releasing updates first?
  • 26 Comments
  • @lostgreybird I think and expect it would be Rio. I hope there are will be updates for ABO, Space and Seasons. Star Wars is still new and it will probably follow the Star Wars movie serial. I believe (and hope) there would be an other franchises like Rio and Star Wars in future.
    I also hope that each new update will be original and different from previous ones. Rather very seldom updates then frequent ones that are not interesting because they are already seen or played million times only in different background.
    My exampe is game Cover Orange which has over 600 levels but each episode is just repetition from ones that were before.
  • Well, there is supposed to be another Rio movie in a year or so, and a new Star Wars movie (not to mention all the existing ones). Not sure which will stop.
  • My personal opinion. I see now Game stopping updates in future!! For example. We all thought that Angry Birds Rio will end soon but we saw surprise Updates! (Trophy Room, Bonus Levels and next Update Fruit Market). In future i am looking forward to see many new Angry Birds Games. I also think they will add higher prices for the Apps get the more updates!!!

Cheers :-)
  • I think the first to go will be Rio, possibly after the Fruit Market update, then possibly Seasons after Season 3 is done.
  • @reactive1 Maybe you're right with your opinion about Seasons but i also think we will see something like AB Seasons 2 :-) About RIO i also don't think it will be ended after Fruit Market. There was a 9 months break in Rio and now we become surprise Updates.

So i would say future will Tell us more :-) Nice day
  • IMHO, after the final Bad Piggies update, AB Original will be the first to stop offering updates since it has been the longest running Chapter in the AB World.
  • Rio will be the first to stop updating. It was on life support already, and I'm surprised that it has an update coming (if it indeed does - Fruit Market is still unconfirmed).

ABO will always continue - no question about that.

Space and Seasons have longevity, and Star Wars is still a baby.

I have no inside info, but if it goes any way other than this I'd be shocked.
  • In order:

SW is a baby and there's a heap of story not yet explored. Be around for a long while yet.

Seasons might have some reshuffling to make each year easily accessible, perhaps categorising into decades (eventually).

ABO may continue indefinitely, but I don't think we'll see many updates per year any more. Might only be Birddays?

Space... there's more opportunity to expand, but I reckon it'll be next to halt after...

Rio. The game's been more or less dead for a while, and surprised me greatly with its update toward the end of last year. New movie notwithstanding, it'll be the first to go. It's scope is much narrower than other titles.
  • @hinarei

I don't believe Rio will stop first ;-) i would say ABO ends first! But we will see in future!
  • I am not sure how to explain this, at first ABR was free until January 24, i checked yesterday january 30 and ABR HD is still free, my guess that ABRio is the first one to stop updates.
    Fruit market would probably be last episode in Rio and next game that is based on Rio2 movie would probably be AB Rio 2 with possibly new "guest star" birds.
  • Rio will be the first to go. However, Seasons will be a close second since it already has so many episodes.
    Sadly, Space will be soon after because Rovio tries to add some new aspect of physics with every episode. This cannot go on indefinitely, and unless they switch to simple themed episodes, the game will putter out as they run out of ideas.
  • I think if Rovio does AB based on the Rio 2 movie it should include it in the current app and have a Rio and Rio 2 selection screen (similar to Seasons with 1, 2, & 3).
  • I think we will see one more Birdday Party update to ABO to make it a full 45 level episode & that may be it for ABO besides the final 15 levels for the Bad Piggies episode though I would like to see Pigini Beach added as a mini-bonus episode.
  • IMO, Seasons will stop first - there's no (as of now) upsell opportunity within the game itself. Every other game in the AB brand has upsell items (you know, the power up items or Millenium Falcon feature). I think ABO will keep going since it is the original and is the entry point in the brand.

I suppose one can argue Angry Birds Space will go since there seems to be so much overlap between it and AB Star Wars. There are upsell items in ABS though.

AB Star Wars will live forever, especially with Disney now announcing all the spin offs.

• I think Seasons gives them an easy avenue to sell "themed" merchandise so I would expect it to stay.

Rio I expect to go first

ABO is the entry point for all so I am interested to see what they do with it down the road. They are obviously not focusing on it anymore.

Even though Space is pretty new I always thought Space was a "test game" for the physics they wanted to incorporate in Star Wars. I think Star Wars was planned long before Space and they wanted to make sure the space physics worked perfectly and was still a hit.

Star Wars is their money maker now and I expect all future games to be themed franchises like that.
  • I believe that Rovio will release 1-3 new games each year. 2012 was exepction with 5 and we can't expect that in upcoming years. I also believe that new games would be AB&xyz franchieses.
    I checked this morning and Rio is still free in iTunes Store. Why?
  • I think Market Mayhem was the last update for AB Rio.
    Angry Birds Rio is the first game to stop updates :D
  • AB Rio is definately will be end soon, there is nothing more in the Rio movie
  • Yes, those marmosets are quite annoying, they never die when they fall on the ground
  • I agree, either ABO, Rio, or ABS.
    I think ABS because IT TOOK THEM 5 MONTHS FOR ABRACABACON!!!!
    I think Rio for the same as you guys.
    And I think ABO also for the same reasons, and Red's mighty feathers might be the last chapter.
  • @tas I'm not agree with you that Rovio will stop updating AB Seasons & AB Original because these are the most popular AB Games (And AB Space also) :D

I think,AB Rio is the first game to stop updates (Market Mayhem was last update?)
    Second will be, AB Star Wars (because Star Wars story is limited like Rio)
  • But soon they will make new Star Wars movies.
  • @tas I'm not a Star Wars fan. When will new movie going to be released ? :)
  • I think in 2014 or '15.
  • Rio, I think. I also predict the next update for it is going to be in March/April 2014 for Rio 2.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!