How to transfer progress from Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) to Apple
  • 16 Comments
  • I checked the version I tried it on and indeed the Android version is way older than yours, I Have 2.3.6 (Gingerbread?!) on a Samsung YP-G70 Galaxy S WIFI 5.0

I still can download and use "Angry Backup for the Birds", so it must be the difference in Android version. I think I have an other Android device somewhere, but not sure which version is on there. Will get back on that one.

I have used the other 2 apps available in the Google Play store, but have found "Angry Birds Backup" to be less friendly... unable to choose separate backups, it back ups everything in one go. "Angry Birds Backup 2SD", but this doesn't have "AB Star Wars" and renames the files (which means an extra step of renaming the files yourself before transfer to iOS).

In my case all 3 versions create files which can be accessed by connecting the device to the computer without having to root the device. But again, because there are a bunch of different Android versions (and I am not that familiar with Android) and me running an older version causes differences I didn't know of.

Thanks for the respons, I guess I will have to investigate some more on the Android side for this walkthrough to work for everybody. So sorry this couldn't be the help I thought it was going to be.
  • @CmdrBond I Just tried on a HTC Sense 3.6, Android version 4.0.3 and could download the "Angry Backup for the Birds" from Google Play. It does give an error... however after I inserted a micro SD card it was able to make a back up and I could excess it by connecting the device to my computer. Note it still gave out an error, but the files where successfully copied to my SD card. The transfer to my iOS device went the same as I wrote above and all data was transfered. (not sure about feathers though)
  • @e-star - is there a way to move apple to android?
  • Yes there is @PlayDBird, but seeing the trouble of all the different versions of Android I will have to check on the newer device on how to do this. Will get back to you on this.
  • I gave my android to my mom (long story as to why it had to happen suddenly) but I had to do a factory reset. Lost All my progress on the games , but at least I still have the scores I entered into the leader board. Wish I had entered all my scores from all the games I played. Now, if I want to, I have to go back and kill them all again. Wouldn't have been able to follow your instructions anyway as I didn't get my apple until later. All in all if was a fair trade off - I didn't know what I had been missing. Just want to say thanks to you @Estar, for taking the time to post this info. It's nice to know we have a resident technician!
  • @e-star nice work very well explained :)
  • @birdaddict, you are welcome and I am so so sorry your progress was lost. I guess I found out the hard way as well last year, when I lost my progress on my iPad. I didn't want that to happen again, so I figured out how to back up manually. It kinda makes me feel safe seeing the files on my computer :)
  • Thanks for all the information CmdrBond, I really appreciate it. Although I don't play Android, I do want to help where I can. But diving in this material made it clear to me there are many different Android versions out there (hahaha, I thought it was kinda like the Apples iOS with updates and all, guess I thought wrong didn't I?). So I included the Android version in the title of the Discussion, so others will know this might not work on other Android versions.

Thanks for keeping us posted, I figure the more information the more happy Android players out there.
  • Thanks Harry :)
  • @e-star is there a way to transfer my iOS scores to a new android (I am getting for Christmas) and keep my iOS scores on my iOS device and have my scores on my android one too?
  • @HarryStar6 There is a way, but it's not bullet proof. I did a reverse on the walkthrough above and it didn't work with the program "Angry Backup for the Birds", but it did using the App "Angry Birds Backup 2SD", but this doesn't have "AB Star Wars" and renames the files (which means an extra step of renaming the files yourself before transfer to the new device). Making the walkthrough like I did at the top takes time and I don't have much to spare, but when I do, I hope to type out the reverse methode as well. In the mean time you might want to check the tutorials here at ABN, cause there are a lot and maybe there is one for you. As long as you COPY and NOT CUT or DELETE the files on you main device, you will be safe to try on your new device.
  • Thanks @e-star :)
  • interesting thread. Hope to someday move from apple to android.
  • @CmdrBond yes, it works on JB (4.1.1/4.1.2/4.2), but it needs root (press menu > preferences). I've tried it before and I still have the app :). Maybe I'll share the apk to you
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!