Why Can't Rovio Create This Mobile App: Angry Birds Tournament ? Page 1
  • The concept of exclusive levels annoys me to no end. However, the more that is exclusive, the more it annoys me, and the tournament concept with Angry Birds Friends where you get exclusive levels each week is vastly annoying, as I don't play games via Facebook, and even if I did, I can't play it on my mobile device. They already know how to handle time released levels via Season's Advent Calendar. I propose they release mobile apps that duplicate this so that mobile users can also enjoy these levels.
  • 9 Comments
  • IMO the reason they don't do this is because they don't want to give us weekly free anything for Angry Birds mobile apps. I think Amazing Alex is a "hobby" for them while Angry Birds is their cash cow.

They make their money off the mobile apps so weekly free updates would over saturate the mobile experience. Weekly free Facebook levels drive people to their apps.

This theory makes sense because Facebook is the largest social experience on the web and if you've ever played AB Friends you'll notice that they have about 3 ads on each side and below the playing window. These ads are always promoting their latest update.
  • No more so than their current mobile apps. OMG I am HATING seeing that Bad Piggies ad at the front of every time I open Angry Birds Space...it is VERY annoying.
  • @heathen : That ad is showing up on the other AB games, too. I agree with you, VERY annoying.
  • The fact that the free updates for the mobile apps coming out in batches keeps us all "wanting" more AB. Just look at the responses to the posts on here about new releases. If they were done weekly they would get old and there would be no surprise factor. I've played every single AB Friends weekly level and I'm a big AB fan but I'm starting to lose interest in AB Friends.
  • I totally agree, not far to the non-FB users
  • Could part of that loosing interest be that you have to be in front of a computer and in Facebook to do so? That's an entirely different experience than from a mobile app's perspective. I know it would be for me.
  • @heathen I can only speak for me but the AB Friends is starting to feel repetitive. It's always the same background and same materials and just the basic birds. Sometime even the same levels. Most can be completed within 10 minutes, 30 if one of the levels is tricky.

I just think that the gap between mobile releases excites me because I'm wondering what the next theme will be and then surprised with little twists (ie. the ghost blocks in the new Halloween update).
  • I agree 100% and I would love an AB Tournament app :)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!